Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eleven Sports - Down to La Liga - hands back Serie A

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,729 ✭✭✭lertsnim

No Chromecast support and now they confirmed that Ireland will also not get games on between 2.45pm and 5.15pm. Not worth it when you have to go the illegal route to see some games so I imagine some will say that they may aswell go illegal for all of their games.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

Why don't we get them? I know there's a ban on 3pm TV soccer in the UK but don't know why we're lumped in.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,553 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

Because they’re not going to the bother of offering Irish people a seperate service. To be fair to them there are no Serie A fixtures taking place fully within the blocked hours. There are some LaLiga fixtures, but no more than 1-2 per week and not every week.

• Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭snowblind

namloc1980 wrote: »
    How a live sport streaming app can launch without casting support is beyond ridiculous tbh. If watching games on phones is the future, then it's not a great future.
    Sure it's weird but I use a HDMI cable which I have zero issues with. Casting support will continue to be an issue with streaming services since there are competing cast technologies which is going to be messy.

snowblind wrote: »
    Sure it's weird but I use a HDMI cable which I have zero issues with. Casting support will continue to be an issue with streaming services since there are competing cast technologies which is going to be messy.

My telly is at least ten feet away. I've never seen a HDMI cable that length, nor would I want it strewn across the living room.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

icdg wrote: »
    Because they’re not going to the bother of offering Irish people a seperate service. To be fair to them there are no Serie A fixtures taking place fully within the blocked hours. There are some LaLiga fixtures, but no more than 1-2 per week and not every week.

They couldnt show the first 15 mins of Ronaldos debut this evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,139 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Amateur hour with Eleven. 5.15 has come and gone and the Juve game still ain't on their Facebook. Useless crowd altogether.

On Facebook now. They may not have been able to do anything about the blackout, but it’s adding insult to injury to be another 15 minutes late.

Watching the stream but it keeps reloading by itself into the page from some dodgy Android box supplier.

icdg wrote: »
    On Facebook now. They may not have been able to do anything about the blackout, but it’s adding insult to injury to be another 15 minutes late.

It cut out again and switched to a video of a handball game. This crowd are complete amateurs.

• Advertisement

Gone again. Chievo scored and missed it. Useless bunch of amateurs.

Mine auto refreshed to some Russian soccer talk show and now that I've hit back to the Juve game I'm back in the 29th minute. Horrendous stuff.

Seems to be gone altogether now. Can't even find it on their Facebook page.

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭BurnUp78

Is this only an issue on the Facebook stream? my stream on the eleven sports website is flawless.

BurnUp78 wrote: »
    Is this only an issue on the Facebook stream? my stream on the eleven sports website is flawless.

Might be. I can't see any stream on their website as I'm not signed up.

BurnUp78 wrote: »

First big game on Facebook stream to try to get people interested in the service and they've completely dropped the ball.

Between this and NFL Game Pass, I think I'm all aboard TV being the way forward.

First big game on Facebook stream to try to get people interested in the service and they've completely dropped the ball.

I don't see why they don't just stream it free on their website if Facebook is giving them such an issue.

Patww79 wrote: »
    My telly is at least ten feet away. I've never seen a HDMI cable that length, nor would I want it strewn across the living room.
    I highly recommend getting a cable. Then ya can throw anything on the screen. I have a couple of 3 meter cables that suit me but I've had up to 7 meter cables before. Extend desktop from laptop so you can still use the laptop normally as well. Also when you have the HDMI cable with you, you are more likely to be able to use your laptop in hotels etc than with a casting device.

Messing around with cables is a backward step tbh. Instead of being able to just watch it on the TV, or at least have a smart TV/phone app, having to use multi metre long HDMI cable trailing around the living room is not the future many people envisioned.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭Equium

You can cast it from Chrome on a laptop/PC. No need for a HDMI cable. I signed up for the 7 day trial this evening and I'm doing that right now. So far the quality of the stream has been perfect, and the commentators are the usual lot from BT, Eurosport and Sky.

To have this much football for €7 per month is a great deal in my mind.

Messing around with cables is a backward step tbh. Instead of being able to just watch it on the TV, or at least have a smart TV/phone app, having to use multi metre long HDMI cable trailing around the living room is not the future many people envisioned.
    YMMV is the key here.
    I'm sure they will sort some casting support.
    But unlikely to be able to offer casting for all platforms.

I don't understand how one cable would be so unsightly or cumbersome, it's actually easier to deal with than most software. But we obviously are two different use case scenarios :pac:

YMMV is the key here.
    I'm sure they will sort some casting support.
    But unlikely to be able to offer casting for all platforms.

I don't understand how one cable would be so unsightly or cumbersome, it's actually easier to deal with than most software. But we obviously are two different use case scenarios :pac:

What am I supposed to hook it up to anyway. Don't have a laptop. And surely Google Chromecast support isn't too much to ask in this day and age. Even dodgy streaming apps have it these days.

What am I supposed to hook it up to anyway. Don't have a laptop. And surely Google Chromecast support isn't too much to ask in this day and age. Even dodgy streaming apps have it these days.
    Well if you don't have a laptop, then that's an issue for sure. Thought you had as you were wondering about long enough cables! ;)

Well if you don't have a laptop, then that's an issue for sure. Thought you had as you were wondering about long enough cables! ;)

No I was saying as a solution metres long cables are not the way forward. So now I need a laptop to watch this thing on a TV!! Farcical is the only word. I thought NFL game pass was bad but this eleven sports is worse, much worse.

After being accustomed to rte player/sky go quality of streaming I'm pleasantly surprised by how stable the picture is. Streaming is definitely the way forward for live sport imo the archaic sky sports model needs binning.

The people who tried to watch on Facebook tonight and last weekend might not agree with you. Netflix is great and all for recorded content, but for live sports, streaming just isn’t ready for prime time.

Meanwhile, they’ve picked up the rights to tomorrow nights Europa League play off round 1st leg tie between Burnley v Olympiacos. Once off basis.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,093 ✭✭✭thegreengoblin

Was speaking to a girl from Virgin Media today about an unrelated issue and I asked her if they had any plans to host Eleven Sports. The answer was a definitive no, at least not in Ireland.

• Advertisement

Customer services are always the last to know. About anything. If the recent UKTV row was anything to go by some of these deals are done at a VM U.K. level now.

That said, Eleven Sports appear in no hurry to do a deal anyway.

Advertisement