Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eleven Sports - Down to La Liga - hands back Serie A

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Damien Malone

icdg wrote: »
    Eleven Sports will need to make money out of these rights. There’s only two ways they can do that.

Firstly, they can try to sublet to an existing broadcaster (Sky, BT, or eir Sport/Premier). The problem is that their potential customers have all already had the chance to acquire these rights and have already decided that they are not worth the price Eleven Sports has paid for them, let alone paying that price + a premium (cause Eleven will want its take!). What might work is a split between the various broadcasters but really the big interest is in El Classico and there’s only two of those.

The other way is to try and directly market these rights via an online streaming service. Personally I won’t be subscribing just for El Classico - it’s a good game but it’s just twice a season in the league. I can’t see it being a subscription driver in this market.

If you look at more teams from la liga you will find the quality and skill through the league this league has dominated Europe for at least ten years . I think the problem with some football fans they listen to prem league pundits and adverts that sky prem league is the best league in the world I try to think for myself

• Closed Accounts Posts: 898 ✭✭✭Schwanz

iPhone to Apple TV here for Eleven Sports and without doubt the best stream I've ever came across.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,942 ✭✭✭IrishHomer

I just installed the Eleven Sports app onto my android TV box and it's working fantastic, delighted it's like Netflix for Sports :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,811 ✭✭✭Tigerandahalf

Folks can anyone recommend an android box.
    I think I might as well get one so all the family can get access to eir/bt sports instead of through an app.

Can the box be left on all the time or will it use up a lot of data/overheat?

Can I still use my chromecast background photos as the screensaver on the box?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

IrishHomer wrote: »
    I just installed the Eleven Sports app onto my android TV box and it's working fantastic, delighted it's like Netflix for Sports :)

Is it a workaround or do they have a proper Android TV app now?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,942 ✭✭✭IrishHomer

Patww79 wrote: »
    Is it a workaround or do they have a proper Android TV app now?

I just went to Google official play store on my box.

Searched for the app, installed and it worked instantly.

I didn't even need to log in as Google automatically logged me in. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,624 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Will probably sign up for the highlights on demand alone, great way of keeping up to date when you don't have the time to watch full matches.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭mikeym

Folks can anyone recommend an android box.
    I think I might as well get one so all the family can get access to eir/bt sports instead of through an app.

Can the box be left on all the time or will it use up a lot of data/overheat?

Can I still use my chromecast background photos as the screensaver on the box?

The Eir Sport App doesnt work too good on an Android Box.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,729 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Chromecast support added to the Eleven Sport android app at least. So says the Google play store.

lertsnim wrote: »
    Chromecast support added to the Eleven Sport android app at least. So says the Google play store.

I am watching la liga highlights now with it. No subscription yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭Mac_Lad71

lertsnim wrote: »

Eleven Sports have also announced on fb that their app now supports Chromecast. I'll be subscribing as I have cancelled my Sky sub.

• Registered Users Posts: 818 ✭✭✭setanta1984

Chromecast working ok from the Android app now. Buggy, especially when changing stream, but at least its there. Need to enable 50Hz mode in the chromecast settings (Home app) to avoid motion stutter.
    Stream quality is pretty awful tbh though, watching AC Milan v Roma, especially when they switch to a ground level camera. Audio is very poor too, sounds like listening to it underwater. Almost no crowd noise.

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭fman

For anyone thinking of subscribing, I saw on the boards at Leeds match there is a free month promo with the code "Leeds11". Obviously not sure how long it's valid and only assuming it will be valid for Irish customers.

fman wrote: »
    For anyone thinking of subscribing, I saw on the boards at Leeds match there is a free month promo with the code "Leeds11". Obviously not sure how long it's valid and only assuming it will be valid for Irish customers.

Wonder would that still work if you're on the 7 day trial?!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,553 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

They seem to have extended the early bird offer for a week, until 7th Sept.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Thinking of subscribing to this, just wondering what the stream quality is like, my download speed would be only be between 10 and 20 mb at the moment.

Can watch YouTube on 720p and 1080p with no hassle. Would be watching on my phone.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,553 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

Mac_Lad71 wrote: »
    Eleven Sports have also announced on fb that their app now supports Chromecast. I'll be subscribing as I have cancelled my Sky sub.

The now obligatory tweety tweety:

https://twitter.com/elevensports_uk/status/1035583704545079297?s=21

• Subscribers Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭TCP/IP

Any sign of an app for Nvdia Shield

TCP/IP wrote: »
    Any sign of an app for Nvdia Shield

Just install the android app on it?

• Subscribers Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭TCP/IP

Guess I will need to try side load it as not showing up in the Google Play Store. Hopefully Apple TV app soon.

• Advertisement

Doesn't work like that normally. Shield isn't one of the dodgy boxes running Android, it runs Android TV.

There are ways of manually installing apk files but most don't translate over in any usable way.

Patww79 wrote: »
    Doesn't work like that normally. Shield isn't one of the dodgy boxes running Android, it runs Android TV.

There are ways of manually installing apk files but most don't translate over in any usable way.

Ah ok, sorry I didn't know that.

• Registered Users Posts: 818 ✭✭✭setanta1984

I tried to sideload the apk to an Amazon Fire TV, but the app doesn't launch, it complains about not having a google account on the device. Annoying. Presumably an android tv device signed into a google account wouldn't have the same issue.

I'll try it on the shield but I've had stuff before like RTÉ Player that installs but can't be used as it doesn't align to the screen properly and you really need touch input.

If Eleven Sports can be viewed on their website then the best bet would be to use that on Chrome on the Shield as it installs ok and I used it all last year for the NFL Game Pass website as they don't have a TV app either.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,478 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

UFC confirmed to Eleven from 2019: http://www.the42.ie/eleven-sports-ufc-coverage-4256765-Sep2018/?utm_source=shortlink

Wonder if this will prompt them to look for carriage deals? Or is the online model working?

dulpit wrote: »
    UFC confirmed to Eleven from 2019: http://www.the42.ie/eleven-sports-ufc-coverage-4256765-Sep2018/?utm_source=shortlink

Wonder if this will prompt them to look for carriage deals? Or is the online model working?

PPV is also part of this deal which is a major disappointment.

mmafighting.com has
    All of the UFC’s Fight Night events will be broadcast on Eleven Sports, but Eleven will reserve the right to be able to team up with other broadcast partners for some events.

I imagine many will be looking towards unofficial ways of viewing these events.

https://www.mmafighting.com/2018/9/27/17909216/eleven-sports-secures-ufc-broadcasts-in-u-k-and-ireland-starts-next-year

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭turniton

hi guys,

in relation to the Eleven sport App, i see a reply from couple months ago

"We don't know yet but hey support Samsung TV apps in other countries so it's possible. Android app may or may not work"

I do have a Samsung smart TV 48', and I have tried the app. it says "installed" but i can't see it anywhere, even when i go to " my app"

I just wanted to check if the App still isn't working on Samsung TVs or i am doing something wrong

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭turniton

Got a reply from Eleven sport. I was not expecting this. quite shocking:

We regret to inform that is not an app/browser available for smart TV's just now.

We fully appreciate that our users want to be able to view the content on larger screens. Whilst we work on bringing the service to more platforms, you can connect your laptop using an HDMI cable. Although this isn’t our recommended viewing experience as the screen quality may be diminished, we hope this works as a solution.

In order for to be able watch the game on your Smart TV you must stream it directly from you app on your mobile device. Be aware both devices are under same network connection.

At the present moment the Eleven sports is not supported directly on your Smart TV, PS3/4, Xbox, android box, etc will not be available just yet.

turniton wrote: »
    Got a reply from Eleven sport. I was not expecting this. quite shocking:

We regret to inform that is not an app/browser available for smart TV's just now.

We fully appreciate that our users want to be able to view the content on larger screens. Whilst we work on bringing the service to more platforms, you can connect your laptop using an HDMI cable. Although this isn’t our recommended viewing experience as the screen quality may be diminished, we hope this works as a solution.

They sound like a bunch of amateurs. Telling people to connect their laptop to the tv - lol. That is a terrible user experience. At least chromecast is available.

• Advertisement

At least chromecast is available.

Even that wasn't available at launch. They were rightfully hammered online for it until the rectified it.

Advertisement