Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

D&D II Act One Scene III - The Lost World

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,558 ✭✭✭✭Fourier

Banjo wrote: »
    While Mags is snoring, Retula finishes her meditation and begins poring over the scrolls she recovered from the aquatic vivimantorium.
    Over the course of Mags rest she manages to decipher the first spell from among the scrolls. It concerns the creation of a temporary additional heart and lung, grown via a ritual, that last a certain number of hours. However there is a chance of the procedure failing.

Retula manages to decode the arcane symbols and rework the basic magics into a form that allows it to fall under the Raven queen's preview and inscribe it in her tome.

OOC: Can temporarily grant an ally an extra HD of health for minor risk and a two HD of health for greater risk. Risk is determined via random table known only to me, but for an example of scale, "minor" might be reduction in Dex Score temporarily, Major would be unconsciousness.

Mags wakes after his eight hour rest, as do the dwarves. Ready for action.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Fourier wrote: »

OOC: Can grant an ally and extra HD of damage for minor risk and a two HD of damage for greater risk. Risk is determined via random table known only to me, but for an example of scale, "minor" might be reduction in Dex Score temporarily, Major would be unconsciousness.
    Ooc : I don't understand what an extra hd of damage is :| is it temp hp? Additional dmg on a hit?

Retula sends the raven up to look for landmarks, or and obvious end to the jungle. 4.99 mile radius to avoid being dismissed

Ooc : I don't understand what an extra hd of damage is :| is it temp hp? Additional dmg on a hit?
    OOC: Should be health, corrected above to be clearer
    Retula sends the raven up to look for landmarks, or and obvious end to the jungle. 4.99 mile radius to avoid being dismissed
    The jungle spans as far as the horizon in most directions, save SouthWest where it is at least forty miles to the sea.

OOC: Should be health, corrected above to be clearer

The jungle spans as far as the horizon in most directions, save SouthWest where it is at least forty miles to the sea.

Ooc: is it cheating to ask how big a hex is and how far a raven can see? Also, which direction did we come from?

Retula approaches the others.
    "So, jungle hike, jungle hike or jungle hike with a trip to the seaside at the end?"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,726 ✭✭✭Evade

Therai stretches out a yawn "Sea might be nice after all that desert"

• Registered Users Posts: 12,633 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

"When you are next foraging for food and herbs would you kindly keep an eye out for some...emmm...longleaf? Looks like a good growing area here. Would your raven recognize it?"

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

Ooc: is it cheating to ask how big a hex is and how far a raven can see? Also, which direction did we come from?
    OOC: Not at all, 12 miles as per the OOC thread. You came from the East. Raven can see to the horizon, i.e. the limiting factor is not its vision.

OOC: Not at all, 12 miles as per the OOC thread. You came from the East. Raven can see to the horizon, i.e. the limiting factor is not its vision.

Ooc :.....so what's the curvature of Fourion Prime? Oh wait, we have enough info to work it out now :)

"Not a lot of leaves growing up in the sky -duhdoy! But I'll keep my eyes peeled. Not sure we'll make the beach for a couple of days but that gives you time to work on your beach bod n stuff?"

Ooc : more navigation rolls?

Ooc :.....so what's the curvature of Fourion Prime? Oh wait, we have enough info to work it out now :)
    OOC: 2 centimeters per kilometer, until the poles
    Ooc : more navigation rolls?
    OOC: Yep, roll for Navigation

• Advertisement

Ooc : 6. Aka 2 With survival bonus. I'm not a born navigator

Journey through the Jungle, Day 1:
    The jungle is warm though not suffocatingly so. Around late morning, they spot four tigers ahead of them in a small clearing.

OOC: Flat(ish) Fourion confirmed

"Steer clear of claws and fangs?" Therai asks.

"it's a pact with our great queen, don't ask for animal tongue, that's a waste of her power, and when will you ever use that?" Retula mimics, spitting.

"Not sure how stealthy our diminutive friends can be... But they can probably run at least as fast as me so we need a plan fer shur. We could try to scare 'em off with sounds and lights? Hetyaro can make some pretty crazy noises, I can make simple illusions..."

Ooc - crows are great mimics apparently

Mags cantrips Magehand behind the tigers, making it skuttle through the underbrush like a big mouse for the cats to play with.

"Tippytoe, tippytoe." He tries to move stealthily away from the cats if they appear distracted motioning the others to follow.

"Not sure how stealthy our diminutive friends can be... But they can probably run at least as fast as me so we need a plan fer shur. We could try to scare 'em off with sounds and lights? Hetyaro can make some pretty crazy noises, I can make simple illusions..."
    "All that armour does clang a bit" then Therai leans in and whispers to Retula "I don't think they can run that fast, their legs are a little short"

Ooc - crows are great mimics apparently
    OOC: Have you heard of the Kenku race? They can only speak by mimicking words and phrases they've heard

OOC: I was curious so I did some (very) rough maths, wouldn't that put the radius of Fourion Prime above 20,000km? Making the big assumption that its even vaguely spherical of course.

Ooc : if we're sneaking, alternate Guidance touches to boost stealth rolls and Minor illusion cover, with Hetyaro mimicking noises heard in the jungle yesterday on the other side of the clearing. Touch and roll, peeps, touch and roll.

The tigers turn in the direction of the noises and spot the bushes rustling from Mags's mage hand. The trundle after the mage hand for the game of a minor chase and the party sneak by.

"Aye, nice, I would have beheaded them....nicer this way I suppose..." the lead dwarf muses.

Evade wrote: »
    OOC: I was curious so I did some (very) rough maths, wouldn't that put the radius of Fourion Prime above 20,000km? Making the big assumption that its even vaguely spherical of course.
    OOC: Yes exactly (it's ~23,000km). It is basically a sphere, except it has a tunnel of a sort through it from pole to pole, the surface of which is inhabited, with its own sun. Like this (for the old setting Mystara):

JkVOYH.jpg

Although Fourion Prime is much bigger than Mystara and with completely different continents.

(1E at a few points assumes the world has this topology, so it is easier to just use it)

• Advertisement

The tigers turn in the direction of the noises and spot the bushes rustling from Mags's mage hand. The trundle after the mage hand for the game of a minor chase and the party sneak by.

"Aye, nice, I would have beheaded them....nicer this way I suppose..." the lead dwarf muses.

"So like, we haven't really talked n stuff? You're a slicey-dicey dwarf? Cool. I'm more of a stay-out-of-trouble type, but like if you guys want to crack a few skulls open we could totally back you up, from waaaaaay back, 'long as you're cool with us running away if you bite off more than you can chew?"

She puts a hand out

"Retula. No, that's my name, I didn't sneeze."

Trekking through the humid jungle is making Therai uncomfortably hot and sticky so he's taken to using the gust cantrip as a fan to cool himself off.

Falls in step behind Therai to catch any overspill of the wafted air.

She puts a hand out

"Retula. No, that's my name, I didn't sneeze."
    "Tardin's my name lass. What kind o' magic user are ye? Ye nay have a book, so no wizard, nor do I get the feeling of natural power from ye, born without magic ye were, I can tell.

As a cleric meself, I can tell you don't get yer power from belief in a god or training in their Preisthood. So?"

"Tardin's my name lass. What kind o' magic user are ye? Ye nay have a book, so no wizard, nor do I get the feeling of natural power from ye, born without magic ye were, I can tell.

As a cleric meself, I can tell you don't get yer power from belief in a god or training in their Preisthood. So?"

"I do *so* have a book! I do so!"
    Visibly angry, she flashes a thorn Whip out at a nearby tree.
    "Yeah! Try doing that without a book! Where's your God now!"

"I do *so* have a book! I do so!"
    Visibly angry, she flashes a thorn Whip out at a nearby tree.
    "Yeah! Try doing that without a book! Where's your God now!"
    "In the God realm, you testing my theology human?

Ye may have a book, but she's not the one of a true wizard, I guarantee it."

Therai directs his gust at the two arguing "Now, now, let's not let this get too heated" then uses thaumaturgy to do a rimshot.

"wizards read about the stuff people like me get out and *do*. You wait and see. As for god's, I dare say you'll be meeting mine long before I'll be meeting yours!"
    Retula ups her pace a little, fueled by teenage huff power, frantically trying to remember if her vivimantorium ritual mentioned the word "willing" anywhere near the word "subject"

Ooc : if I owe a navy roll let me know

The dwarf bursts out laughing.

"Ha!, Ye're right Tiefling, getting paranoid given the surroundings I suppose. Afraid she's in a pact with some Eldritch being and here me own life 's been saved by one with devilry in his blood"

He leads the other dwarves on...

• Advertisement

A few hours later the characters come across a large hadrosaurus herd.

One of them raises its head looking nervously at the party. Others become to bellow nervously, their young running to them.

JAYTpp.jpg

Advertisement