Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Day of Irish PB's - July 14th

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,062 ✭✭✭davedanon

Cool. Orange suits me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,065 ✭✭✭dublin runner

Announcement!

The team are delighted to announce that Mr.Jerry Kiernan will be in attendance on July 14th. Jerry will be our special guest, partaking in an interview, followed by a robust Q&A!

(I have my token GAA question lined up so get your own question :pac:)

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭lenny palmer

So I'm at a 20.10pb at the moment. I'm looking at doing 1 maybe 2 races before the big day in the hopes of breaking 20min. I'm booking this tomorrow. Should I be reserved and book the 20 minutes race, or should I go for it (presuming I've beaten 20min in one of the races before it) and book the 19min race. Would the minute be too big of a gap to do. I'd probably be a straggler at the back of the field. What do you experienced heads think

• Registered Users Posts: 7,539 ✭✭✭Trampas

Is abuse from the mc free or is that an extra?

So I'm at a 20.10pb at the moment. I'm looking at doing 1 maybe 2 races before the big day in the hopes of breaking 20min. I'm booking this tomorrow. Should I be reserved and book the 20 minutes race, or should I go for it (presuming I've beaten 20min in one of the races before it) and book the 19min race. Would the minute be too big of a gap to do. I'd probably be a straggler at the back of the field. What do you experienced heads think

I'd personally go with the 19. There will be a period to transfer if you wish, giving you the option to change. That will be well flagged.

While one minute is considerable over the 5km distance, I think you will have the opportunity to be dragged around. Even if you do drop slightly off the pace the group will never be out of sight - always a target.

As always with the 5km, the best option is to go out hard and hang on in there! Sometimes it will work, sometimes not. When it does work though.....the effort will be worth it!

• Advertisement

Trampas wrote: »
    Is abuse from the mc free or is that an extra?

It is an all-inclusive package!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,695 ✭✭✭Chivito550

Will there be beer at this? And a BBQ?

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭Ultraman100

Chivito550 wrote: »
    Will there be beer at this? And a BBQ?

defo beer

• Registered Users Posts: 7,695 ✭✭✭Chivito550

defo beer

If there's genuinely beer at this, then I'll come along to watch. Sounds like a promising event.

Chivito550 wrote: »
    If there's genuinely beer at this, then I'll come along to watch. Sounds like a promising event.

Don't mind your promising part! Going to be great! Haha.

Beer and an non-alcoholic beverage being explored as we speak (well, not as I speak - I am working!) It won't be Dutch Gold though - the budget doesn't stretch that far!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,062 ✭✭✭davedanon

Don't mind your promising part! Going to be great! Haha.

Beer and an non-alcoholic beverage being explored as we speak (well, not as I speak - I am working!) It won't be Dutch Gold though - the budget doesn't stretch that far!

If there's no Dutchie I cannot guarantee attendance by the Tallaght contingent.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,447 ✭✭✭✭Murph_D

This event seems to have taken over from the beer mile for boardsie positive feelz.

That can’t be a bad thing. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭Wottle

Very excited for this, 5k work started this week, 20:48 in Marlay Parkrun this morning, so loads of time to find 49 seconds!

Wottle wrote: »
    Very excited for this, 5k work started this week, 20:48 in Marlay Parkrun this morning, so loads of time to find 49 seconds!

Great target - we promise no climb over the first km, unlike Marlay! I find that course a very good one. A great starting place heading into the last 6 weeks!

Not long to go!

As a big thank you (and further incentive to sign up :pac:) I will be offering an exclusive 'Most Improved Athlete Award' for boards.ie users. The award will be given to the athlete most deserving, not necessarily the athlete with the biggest PB *this will negate the runner with the very VERY soft 5km PB time :)

I will hand over the reigns to the race panel who will decide the winner (bribes welcomed!)

The more entries, the bigger the prize!

We are roughly 70% full so it is shaping up to be a great day.

Username | PB | Predicted Time | Actual Time
    | | | |

#breakyourPB

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,116 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Not long to go!

As a big thank you (and further incentive to sign up :pac:) I will be offering an exclusive 'Most Improved Athlete Award' for boards.ie users. The award will be given to the athlete most deserving, not necessarily the athlete with the biggest PB *this will negate the runner with the very VERY soft 5km PB time :)

I will hand over the reigns to the race panel who will decide the winner (bribes welcomed!)

The more entries, the bigger the prize!

We are roughly 70% full so it is shaping up to be a great day.

| | | |

#breakyourPB

adrian522|19:32|19:29| |

Not the most ambitious of targets but I don't think I'll get close to it by July, but I'll see how I get on I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

RayCun|17:24|17:20| |

will give it a bash

• Registered Users Posts: 5,236 ✭✭✭AuldManKing

Auldmanking|17:38|17:17| |

Auldmanking|17:38|17:07| |

Prize for me - 1st time successfully completing a table.

Oh and Rays a sandbagger.

Auldmanking|17:38|17:17| |
    Wottle|19:25|19:48| |

• Advertisement

updating with my non sandbagged prediction.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Swashbuckler

Sub 17 surely?!

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭lenny palmer

On my phone and cant work the table. So I'll just put it here instead if that's ok.

Lenny. Pb is 20.10. PT of 19.30ish.

I've a couple of races before the day so hoping to bring my pb down a bit before the day. Fingers crossed

lenny palmer|20:10|19:30| |

Sub 18 sold out. Is the 18/19 race a good option? Will there be pacers for both times in it?
    Have a friend thinking of doing it

Wottle wrote: »
    Sub 18 sold out. Is the 18/19 race a good option? Will there be pacers for both times in it?
    Have a friend thinking of doing it

I'll take a look at how entries are shaping up by close of business. Sub 18 very popular so may require more than one race.

He can enter now, using the nearest race, transferring when official timetable is produced.

Hope that helps! A learning curve - some races a lot more in demand than expected!

Just a quick reminder: All sandbags must be left at the front entrance.

You can though wear headphones, running tights, buff, medals, bib on your shorts, heart-rate monitors, Irish vests, Kenyan vests, Hokas, Donadea 50km t-shirts, your phone on your arm for Map My Run, water belts, gel belts.

Go hard or go home!

I'll take a look at how entries are shaping up by close of business. Sub 18 very popular so may require more than one race.

sub 17:30? :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,116 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

He can enter now, using the nearest race, transferring when official timetable is produced.

Hope that helps! A learning curve - some races a lot more in demand than expected!

I'll be looking to move from the sub 18 to the 19/20 min race.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,539 ✭✭✭Trampas

Just a quick reminder: All sandbags must be left at the front entrance.

You can though wear headphones, running tights, buff, medals, bib on your shorts, heart-rate monitors, Irish vests, Kenyan vests, Hokas, Donadea 50km t-shirts, your phone on your arm for Map My Run, water belts, gel belts.

Go hard or go home!

Gaa clothing is banned I believe

50km tops get a time bonus?

Advertisement