Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Day of Irish PB's - July 14th

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭HelenAnne

I've signed up too! Can't wait! (Though am nervous! I've never raced on a track and am trying to get back to my pre-time-off PB) :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,065 ✭✭✭dublin runner

HelenAnne wrote: »
    I've signed up too! Can't wait! (Though am nervous! I've never raced on a track and am trying to get back to my pre-time-off PB) :eek:

Brilliant. Great to see people giving track a try!

The course was measured by our in-house course measurer on Wednesday. He confirmed it to be a PB course :D

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭DukeOfDromada

This sounds great!

Will there be a sub 21 min option by any chance?

This sounds great!

Will there be a sub 21 min option by any chance?

We will have at least a pacer at every minute from 25 minute down. We will aim to have more! I'll try accommodate as many 'special requests' as possible.

So that's - 30min, 25min, 24min, 23min etc.....down to.....as fast as we can make it!

We will have Ireland's best known RD steering the 30min ship, with many more to be announced.

Provisional timetable published by end of May.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,181 ✭✭✭healy1835

I'm in. Have never ran on a track or indeed in a 5k race but this seems as good a place as any to change that.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭DukeOfDromada

I'm in.

Spectating will be just as much fun as running for the first time on a track.

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭SeeMoreBut

We will have at least a pacer at every minute from 25 minute down. We will aim to have more! I'll try accommodate as many 'special requests' as possible.

So that's - 30min, 25min, 24min, 23min etc.....down to.....as fast as we can make it!

We will have Ireland's best known RD steering the 30min ship, with many more to be announced.

Provisional timetable published by end of May.

Does he know it’s 12.5 laps and not 125?

SeeMoreBut wrote: »
    Does he know it’s 12.5 laps and not 125?

*awaits the inevitable 'long course' thread!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,416 ✭✭✭Lazare

Can I assume the venue is open for spectators?

Happy to pay in to support this awesome idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,416 ✭✭✭Lazare

Nervous about signing up to race, would be looking at 21, but it will be tough, pb is 21:35 from a fast course (Jingle bells).

Will there be many trying for ambitious pbs?

Want to blend in if I fail :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,116 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

I'd say you will stand a better chance of a PB in the sub 21 race than the sub 22, though you will finish higher up in the sub 22 race. Depends on what the goal is I guess!

Lazare wrote: »
    Can I assume the venue is open for spectators?

Happy to pay in to support this awesome idea.

Absolutely free in! More the welcome.
    Nervous about signing up to race, would be looking at 21, but it will be tough, pb is 21:35 from a fast course (Jingle bells).

Entering and running a race, no matter what race or what distance, is and never will be 'failure'. The hardest (and best) thing about running - and every individual sport - is putting yourself on the startline, prepared to test yourself against others and against yourself. On a personal note, I avoided racing a number of years ago, afraid to 'put myself out there'. Now? I don't pass any heed in it! Sure, on Wednesday I toed a startline knowing I was in bad shape and out of form. It was hard but I will be stronger for it. The 'easy' option was to sit and home and watch Fair City.

A few great races like Kilcock and Bob Heffernan to look at also.

adrian522 wrote: »
    I'd say you will stand a better chance of a PB in the sub 21 race than the sub 22, though you will finish higher up in the sub 22 race. Depends on what the goal is I guess!

Yeah, agreed!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,760 ✭✭✭ReeReeG

This might be a stupid suggestion, but would the pacers of each race be willing to lead a warm-up...? It would be nice to see what they view as an appropriate warm-up for a 5k at that given pace. I know it's more on a coaching side of things so perhaps not relevant or possible at all.

ReeReeG wrote: »
    This might be a stupid suggestion, but would the pacers of each race be willing to lead a warm-up...? It would be nice to see what they view as an appropriate warm-up for a 5k at that given pace. I know it's more on a coaching side of things so perhaps not relevant or possible at all.

I definitely look into that. Thanks for the suggestion!

I'm being ambitious! My current comeback PB is 20.28 (at a parkrun) so I'm hoping that by mid-July, with a pacer, on a track, I could squeak under 20. Be ambitious!! :)

Will be opening a poll in June for the 'last lap' song........answers on a postcard!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,834 ✭✭✭OOnegative

https://youtu.be/CSav51fVlKU

Has to be this surely!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭Duanington

This always makes me feel like running fast:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aSsqavYIgNc

Great options!

We will definitely open a poll for that! Singlet announcement later - well another poll (we just cannot decide!)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

Can't believe no-one suggested this yet
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQw4w9WgXcQ

• Registered Users Posts: 4,834 ✭✭✭OOnegative

RayCun wrote: »
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQw4w9WgXcQ

Jaysis Ray!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Swashbuckler

RayCun wrote:

Trolled by Ray!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,415 ✭✭✭Singer

I don't even like this song...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭Wottle

Have you many for the sub 20?
    Thinking of giving it a pop!

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭Ultraman100

Wottle wrote: »
    Have you many for the sub 20?
    Thinking of giving it a pop!
    smackdown :)....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭Wottle

smackdown :)....

Just signed up!

I won't lie - it won't be Eye of the Tiger! I will rig the election before that song triumphs!

Looking like the yellow singlet will win out, which is unfortunate as I picked the orange originally! Sure what do I know?!

60% full already which is great. Plans formulating nicely so watch this space.

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭Ultraman100

I won't lie - it won't be Eye of the Tiger! I will rig the election before that song
    my vote

https://youtu.be/RrxePKps87k

• Advertisement

Singlet announced today! :cool:

IMG-20180516-_WA0001.jpg
    No medals, just a quality singlet!

Big special guest announced this week.

*Things very busy behind the scenes. I don't think there is enough transparency in running and races (charity, commercial, where YOUR money goes etc.) I will 100% be as open and transparent as I can be, just give me a bit of time! It is very important to me to do just that.

Advertisement