Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Day of Irish PB's - July 14th

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭The Davestator

That's is definitely on the wish list. We plan to get as much interaction as possible.

Great to see two races sold out already. More races and slots to come.

Hey - I see my one shot at a sub 20 is sold out?! As per above, you reckon you'll be adding extra slots of the sold out times?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭morceli

Great idea, haven't raced in years apart from beer miles and noting faster than 10 minute miles for a few years. Will be interesting to see what shape i can get back into in 11 weeks have registered for Sub 25 but hopefully will be able to go a few mins quicker if other times are available later.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,065 ✭✭✭dublin runner

Hey - I see my one shot at a sub 20 is sold out?! As per above, you reckon you'll be adding extra slots of the sold out times?

Thanks

We will be opening more slots very soon! Keep an eye out.
    morceli wrote: »
    Great idea, haven't raced in years apart from beer miles and noting faster than 10 minute miles for a few years. Will be interesting to see what shape i can get back into in 11 weeks have registered for Sub 25 but hopefully will be able to go a few mins quicker if other times are available later.

Thanks.

Looking forward to seeing you in July!

Update

We are opening up the 18 and 20 minute races. In addition, we are opening up the 22 minute time slot. Registration opens at 7pm. This will be the last announcement before next week. We will be announcing some of the pacers and further race details next week!

If you want some motivation to train and race watch the video below! It's a testament to the hard work, dedication and to the inspirational thinking of the organisers. Track racing as it should be! Amazing.

Facebook (more entries than likes :)): www.facebook.com/irishpbs/

Please like, share and promote. Let's make it a great one!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭sideswipe

Are there site issues? Try to register for the 18 since 7 but no joy.

Edit- I’m in!!

• Advertisement

sideswipe wrote: »
    Are there site issues? Try to register for the 18 since 7 but no joy.

Edit- I’m in!!

On it - sorted.

Great to see you in. See you in July!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,116 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

On it - sorted.

Great to see you in. See you in July!

In as well, hopefully there is a 19 min race come July though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,062 ✭✭✭davedanon

adrian522 wrote: »
    In as well, hopefully there is a 19 min race come July though!

Hmm. Me too. did you register for the sub-20 then?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,116 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

No sub 18:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,140 ✭✭✭martyboy48

Might be trying to keep the 19 in sights too. Will see how I get through Limerick first though before signing up. Last 5k was on new years day, and before that was last May :D
    Will need to do some sharp stuff after the marathon but would be good to have Adrian and Dave to chase :pac:

Adrian, did you just enter the sub 18 and then fire off an e mail for what you really want??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭SeeMoreBut

All I see the few times I’ve checked is going on sale 25th of April

• Registered Users Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

Just registered for sub 18 a few minutes ago

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,062 ✭✭✭davedanon

I'm in. Registered for sub-20. Didn't seem much point in the sub-18, I'm not going to be lapping at 1.26

martyboy48 wrote: »
    Might be trying to keep the 19 in sights too. Will see how I get through Limerick first though before signing up. Last 5k was on new years day, and before that was last May :D
    Will need to do some sharp stuff after the marathon but would be good to have Adrian and Dave to chase :pac:

Adrian, did you just enter the sub 18 and then fire off an e mail for what you really want??

I've entered the sub 18 just to have an entry and hopefully closer to the time I'l be able to jump into the most appropriate race.

After running a few track races and been completely out of my depth I've gotten over my fear of coming in well behind every one else!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Swashbuckler

Can I ask a stupid question for anyone to answer really. What's the deal with the pacing. Say you sign up for sub 18, is it paced all the way to the finish for sub 18 or can people kick on towards the end? I guess what if you're targeting somewhere between sub 18 and 17?

Can I ask a stupid question for anyone to answer really. What's the deal with the pacing. Say you sign up for sub 18, is it paced all the way to the finish for sub 18 or can people kick on towards the end? I guess what if you're targeting somewhere between sub 18 and 17?

Excuse my copy and paste job below.

The races will be paced to between 4,200m-4,600m (most likely 4,600m). I wanted the paced element (PB) but also to balance it out with the natural urge to empty the tank! I think and hope that will strike the correct balance. With it being a track setting, we can pace each lap to ensure even splits (big advantage over a road course) I know that pacing style won't initially suit all (even pacing) but I firmly believe that the track setting, group element and pacer will make it a lot easier to get to that PB.

In addition there will be two clocks (start/200m & 400m) and a race official observing splits to ensure pacing heaven!

I can guarantee the above. The races will be at least paced to the distance specified.

I will canvass opinions over the next week over some of the points raised. Subject to hopeful developments, we ideally will also have an Open Race, open to everyone be it a walker or elite at the end of night. That may have to wait to next years' addition though.

Again, it's definitely a learning curve, with an inbuilt small degree of flexibility to gather opinion and amend where necessary. That's the way we wanted it. It was also important to open registration and get the ball moving in terms of logistics and planning.

Bit the bullet and signed up for sub 20. Will e-mail to show interest in 19 mins. Hoping to get close to 19 anyway.

No point in sitting on the fence till after limerick as I'd probably only be making excuses at that time ☺

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Snodge

Do we need to contact organisers to express our interest(I.e. What time pace/race we would be interested in)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,447 ✭✭✭✭Murph_D

I’m in too. Sub-20 version should be enough for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭Huzzah!

I'm in, too. Great idea.

• Advertisement

Interesting to note that sub 18 seems to be the most popular! We are close to selling out our initial allocation.

Sub 17, sub 16 to follow........with announcements! :)

Snodge wrote: »
    Do we need to contact organisers to express our interest(I.e. What time pace/race we would be interested in)

No need to contact yet. I would advise signing up for the closest timed race currently. We will be releasing more races, more time bands on a phased basis. We will then give participants time to transfer before closing the transfer window. We will have a live countdown, much like Sky Sports on transfer deadline day! That means more administration from our end but gives everyone the best chance to nail that PB!

Our first pacer will be unveiled tomorrow.........

With a sub 29.30 10km time next to their name, we know you are going to like this one!

This is getting exciting :) Sub 17 and 16 opening very soon.

#breakyourPB

Facebook: www.facebook.com/irishpbs

Fresh from his Sonia O'Sullivan 10 Mile win at the weekend, we are truly delighted to announce that Mick Clohisey will be joining us on July 14th.

IMG-20180503-_WA0005.jpg

With a 14.12 5km PB, we trust Mick will steer the 16 minute paced race in fashion. 'The Claw' will also be appearing elsewhere on the racing timetable but where? Well, we will keep that a secret for now!

Representing Ireland in the Rio Olympics in 2016, Mick placed a superb 22nd in the World Championship, London over the iconic marathon distance in 2017.

We are very excited to offer competitors the chance to run with an Olympian, a month before he again takes on the marathon in the European Athletics Championship. Running a PB of 2.14 in Seville earlier this year, he has been a prolific racer over recent years, securing countless National medals and honours.

We cannot wait to welcome Mick for what undoubtedly be a super day of racing, pacing and entertainment!

So much more to be announced. This is getting exciting!

#breakyourPB

Nicely :D

Facebook: www.facebook.com/irishpbs

All races now open!

Everything from 30 minutes to 15 minutes. Personalised bib announced on facebook this morning. Great to see so much communication the 15 minute 'Open Race'. We hadn't planned on it this year but why wait?!

Interesting, the 16 minute group has proven a lot more popular than expected, which has really pleasantly surprised me! The 18 minute race is the early leader in the popularity stakes.

More on where your hard earned entry fee is going and how it will be dispersed within the next 10 days!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,236 ✭✭✭AuldManKing

All races now open!

Everything from 30 minutes to 15 minutes. Personalised bib announced on facebook this morning. Great to see so much communication the 15 minute 'Open Race'. We hadn't planned on it this year but why wait?!

Interesting, the 16 minute group has proven a lot more popular than expected, which has really pleasantly surprised me! The 18 minute race is the early leader in the popularity stakes.

More on where your hard earned entry fee is going and how it will be dispersed within the next 10 days!

DD getting ahead of himself again.......jeez, breaks 17 and goes straight in.....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,834 ✭✭✭OOnegative

DD getting ahead of himself again.......jeez, breaks 17 and goes straight in.....

Ah don’t be jealous, your tan is SOOO much better!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,236 ✭✭✭AuldManKing

OOnegative wrote: »
    Ah don’t be jealous, your tan is SOOO much better!!!

He'd even beat me in the tanning stakes too.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,834 ✭✭✭OOnegative

He'd even beat me in the tanning stakes too.

Coach must be giving him pointers!!!

19... cough.... 19?????? :confused::)

• Advertisement

martyboy48 wrote: »
    19... cough.... 19?????? :confused::)

Noted!

That will be amended later today.

Advertisement