Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2018 Regular Season Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,119 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

scream. 2017 all over again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Igotadose wrote: »
    scream. 2017 all over again.

...if only they still had Harvey!

(don't know how to indicate sarcasm in a post)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭ShyMets

...if only they still had Harvey!

(don't know how to indicate sarcasm in a post)

At this point all you can do is laugh

ShyMets wrote: »

https://twitter.com/NYPost_Mets/status/1001570576916414465

Don't. Believe. A. Word. Of. It.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,585 ✭✭✭circular flexing

Interesting stat: Mariners run differential is only +13. They are 16-8 in 1 run games.

• Advertisement

Matz pulled after 3 last night with hand injury too! It just gets better and better.

Interesting stat: Mariners run differential is only +13. They are 16-8 in 1 run games.

Is that sustainable do you think?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,380 ✭✭✭The Reservoir Dubs Anchorman

Is that sustainable do you think?

The Mariners have one of the best rotations at the minute so it's possible, but will be difficult. Thing is they have so many injuries and suspensions that when their line up gets healthy they should improve that run differential.

The Mariners have one of the best rotations at the minute so it's possible, but will be difficult. Thing is they have so many injuries and suspensions that when their line up gets healthy they should improve that run differential.

They had a bad game last night, came back late to tie it 5-5 and then gave up 4 runs in the 9th. Bullpen was definitely a bit shaky. Paxton is back on the mound today so it should be a bounceback win.

Their bullpen has a ton of depth so it could work out well. It would be nice to have them come in and pitch in low pressure situations though!

• Advertisement

Matt Kemp is leading the NL in batting average. I know it's the end of May, but that's pretty impressive considering when the Dodgers traded for him, most people didnt expect him to get to wear the uniform

Yet Jose Reyes still has a roster spot.

Yet Jose Reyes still has a roster spot.

Wilmer Flores on the DL is probably why, though I was about to type 'Reyes can field still' but even that's no longer true. He's down to the Cuddyer stage of being an animate corpse. No hit, no run, no field.

No takers for Hanley Ramirez so he's been released and is now a free agent. What happens with next year's option if a team signs him? Are they liable for 2019 or is it still Boston's responsibility?

No takers for Hanley Ramirez so he's been released and is now a free agent. What happens with next year's option if a team signs him? Are they liable for 2019 or is it still Boston's responsibility?
    I would imagine that if a team signs him it's there responsibility. If no one signs him Boston are on the hook

• Registered Users Posts: 1,296 ✭✭✭Coeus

So I've arrived in Baltimore & have just got some tickets for this afternoons game. Looking forward to seeing Camden Yards in the flesh & hoping they can get the game in without any weather delays. They are saying here there is rain/storms on the way...

Coeus wrote: »
    So I've arrived in Baltimore & have just got some tickets for this afternoons game. Looking forward to seeing Camden Yards in the flesh & hoping they can get the game in without any weather delays. They are saying here there is rain/storms on the way...

Game's on anyway so hope you enjoy!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,296 ✭✭✭Coeus

Game's on anyway so hope you enjoy!
    Yes it was great except for the needless rain delay. It actually didnt start raining until an hour after the scheduled start and at that it never really rained heavy so it was no surpise the covers came off before the rain stopped. As for the game, it was easy to see why the Yankees are winning & the Orioles are losing. Massive support in town for the Yankees aswell, where we were sat was all Yanks & I reckon they were at least a 3rd of the crowd. Like them I'll be back for more tomorrow :-)

PJ Conlon of Belfast, recently a NY Met, claimed off waivers by the Dodgers. I imagine he's pretty happy.

PJ Conlon of Belfast, recently a NY Met, claimed off waivers by the Dodgers. I imagine he's pretty happy.

He grew up in California so yeah, I'd say he's happy to be playing in LA (and of course the joys of not having to play for the Mets).

• Advertisement

I hate the Mets. That is all.

This game against the Cubs is cruel to watch. Where's the engery or hussle

Have you ever seen a sac fly to a second baseman before?

3 times in this 4 game series they scored 1 run. Including a 14 inning game last night.

Swept by the Cubs. Offense virtually non existent. Below 500. That's me done. I'm off on the beer for the evening

2 HRs this season for Charlie Culberson of the Braves this season. Both walk offs.

If the Astros lose tonight (they are down 6-1 right now) then Mariners will have sole possession of 1st place in AL West and nothing makes sense anymore.

Mariners-Astros have a 3 game series next week, should be interesting!

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭rebelyell99

If the Astros lose tonight (they are down 6-1 right now) then Mariners will have sole possession of 1st place in AL West and nothing makes sense anymore.

Mariners-Astros have a 3 game series next week, should be interesting!

This month will tell us if the mariners can be a playoff team or not,with series against the Astros,Angels,Yankees and Red sox.We will need to up it a bit offensively but I am happy with where this team is at tbh.

I have to agree with the Yankees here.

https://deadspin.com/the-yankees-are-pissed-at-espn-1826536741

Asking a bit much to play the late game Sunday in Toronto then a double header in Baltimore the next day. I wonder how Aaron Boone's old colleagues at ESPN feel about him threatening a boycott. And will they mention it on their platforms?

I have to agree with the Yankees here.

https://deadspin.com/the-yankees-are-pissed-at-espn-1826536741

Asking a bit much to play the late game Sunday in Toronto then a double header in Baltimore the next day. I wonder how Aaron Boone's old colleagues at ESPN feel about him threatening a boycott. And will they mention it on their platforms?

What the Yankees are being asked to do is ludicrous. But if Boone' s paychecks were still be signed by ESPN, I suspect he'd be singing a different tune.

• Advertisement

But if Boone' s paychecks were still be signed by ESPN, I suspect he'd be singing a different tune.

Oh of course he would. Players/retired players always discover new perspectives when they're working for the media.

Advertisement