Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2018 Regular Season Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭ShyMets

Keith Law is hosting the Baseball Tonight Podcast this week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

ShyMets wrote: »

I like Keith. Much better than Buster ‘everything and everyone in baseball is brilliant’ Olney.

I like Keith. Much better than Buster ‘everything and everyone in baseball is brilliant’ Olney.

Not to forget 'They're all great guys. Who play the game the right way'

Not to forget 'They're all great guys. Who play the game the right way'

Haha, yeah that’s true.

Don’t get me wrong, Buster isn’t too bad and I like the Baseball Tonight podcast but I wish he’d call out bad things in baseball more often and challenge people he’s interviewing more. It’s too buddy buddy most of the time.

However I know Dan LeBatard got in trouble from the bosses for having a go at Rob Manfred and upsetting an ESPN partner so maybe he just likes toeing the line.

Haha, yeah that’s true.

Don’t get me wrong, Buster isn’t too bad and I like the Baseball Tonight podcast but I wish he’d call out bad things in baseball more often and challenge people he’s interviewing more. It’s too buddy buddy most of the time.

However I know Dan LeBatard got in trouble from the bosses for having a go at Rob Manfred and upsetting an ESPN partner so maybe he just likes toeing the line.

To be fair to Only, he has to walk a fine line. If he’s too critical MLB will start applying pressure to ESPN to get on message. They are clearly players/ex players he doesn’t like but he has to be more circumspect when talking about them. For example, from reading in-between the lines, I’m fairly sure he thinks that Derek Jeter is a pr*ck

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,296 ✭✭✭Coeus

I have come down to DC today for the Nats - Rays game tonight...Nats lineup looks strong & Im excited to see Bryce & Mad Max doing their thing. Its been sunny all day but it has clouded over in the last hour. I hope I haven't brought the rain from Baltimore. 2 rainouts in one trip would suck!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,585 ✭✭✭circular flexing

I have to agree with the Yankees here.

https://deadspin.com/the-yankees-are-pissed-at-espn-1826536741

Asking a bit much to play the late game Sunday in Toronto then a double header in Baltimore the next day. I wonder how Aaron Boone's old colleagues at ESPN feel about him threatening a boycott. And will they mention it on their platforms?

Looks like the Sunday game has been moved to 1pm and is no longer on ESPN.

Dodgers are back to .500 and it only took a 14-4 run to get there. Need to keep up this run throughout June. Hopefully they'll still be in contention when I make it to Dodger Stadium in mid July

Coeus wrote: »
    I have come down to DC today for the Nats - Rays game tonight...Nats lineup looks strong & Im excited to see Bryce & Mad Max doing their thing. Its been sunny all day but it has clouded over in the last hour. I hope I haven't brought the rain from Baltimore. 2 rainouts in one trip would suck!

Not a bad outing from Max to witness.

2 runs in 38 innings for the Mets now. I really hate the Mets.

• Advertisement

2 runs in 38 innings for the Mets now. I really hate the Mets.

Updated now to 2 runs in 42 innings.

Runs scored in last 5 games - 0, 1, 0, 1 (14 innings) and 4.

I really, really hate the Mets.

Not a bad outing from Max to witness.
    Yep, he was excellent except for a few loose hits in the 8th but to see an immaculate inning was an unexpected bonus :-) ...Nats, Bryce aside had some timely hits to make sure he got a deserved win.

I'm actually going to be in NYC at the weekend. If I can get out to Citi Field I'll let ye guys know but there being no day games & having plans doesnt make it easy this time...

Updated now to 2 runs in 42 innings.

Runs scored in last 5 games - 0, 1, 0, 1 (14 innings) and 4.

I really, really hate the Mets.
    I was watching here in a bar beside Camden Yards...locals are happy, well those interested enough to watch...Orioles are so out of it, it is time to blow up the team & get ready for spring training!

I'm actually going to be in NYC at the weekend. If I can get out to Citi Field I'll let ye guys know but there being no day games & having plans doesnt make it easy this time...

Save your money and don't waste your time. Yankees could put out their AA team and still win handily enough.

Save your money and don't waste your time. Yankees could put out their AA team and still win handily enough.

Citi Field is a nice stadium and worth a visit though.

Yeah, don't get me wrong it's a good spot to watch a game (and there's a new Micro-brewery that's new this season too!) but it would just be painful watching those muppets trying to play baseball.

For example, down a run in the 8th today with a man on first and no one out and their best hitter at the moment (Cabrera) at the plate who tries to bunt him over but instead bunts it up in the air and the guy at first is doubled off. You couldn't make it up.

I know, I've already been there for a game, Mets beat the Marlins that day...I'm tempted this time as they now have Mikkeller bar there which I want to check out...the only one on the east coast to the best of my knowledge. If I can catch a ballgame even better!

I know, I've already been there for a game, Mets beat the Marlins that day...I'm tempted this time as they now have Mikkeller bar there which I want to check out...the only one on the east coast to the best of my knowledge. If I can catch a ballgame even better!

I think like McFaddens, you can go in without a ticket for the game although will probably be packed with the Yankees playing. And as you know apart from the 2 bars there's feck all else to see out there if you're not going to the game. Quite dodgy looking area too although I think they're cleaning up the old chop-shop area to the north of the stadium.

Igotadose wrote: »
    PJ Conlon of Belfast, recently a NY Met, claimed off waivers by the Dodgers. I imagine he's pretty happy.

And now claimed back by the Mets!

Strange few weeks for him. Probably thought he had escaped but then got sucked back in again. Plenty of air miles anyway.

This month will tell us if the mariners can be a playoff team or not,with series against the Astros,Angels,Yankees and Red sox.We will need to up it a bit offensively but I am happy with where this team is at tbh.

Split the series with the Astros so happy enough with that. Angels made up one game though so have to be careful. Series against Red Sox will tell all given how Red Sox played against Astros.

• Advertisement

And now claimed back by the Mets!

Strange few weeks for him. Probably thought he had escaped but then got sucked back in again. Plenty of air miles anyway.

At least he had a sense of humour about it

https://twitter.com/pjconlon29/status/1004484350614761472?s=21

What was the story with the Dodgers today? 9 inning game and they used 9 pitchers.

I think like McFaddens, you can go in without a ticket for the game although will probably be packed with the Yankees playing. And as you know apart from the 2 bars there's feck all else to see out there if you're not going to the game. Quite dodgy looking area too although I think they're cleaning up the old chop-shop area to the north of the stadium.
    Thats good to know. I've have been out that for the tennis aswell although that was back in the day when Shea stadium was still there, there really was nothing out there back then. I had a sneak peak at ticket prices on Stubhub for Saturday & Sunday nights, they are 3-4 times the price of equivalent tickets for Orioles or Nats games :(

https://deadspin.com/extremely-online-baseball-knowers-go-to-war-over-games-1826657358

I’ve often wondered this myself, although not to the level of these guys. I’m in the ‘5 games over’ camp though I think.

Ohtani to the DL with an elbow sprain. Will be out at least three weeks. Possibility of TJ surgery.

Ohtani to the DL with an elbow sprain. Will be out at least three weeks. Possibility of TJ surgery.

Will be a terrible shame if he needs TJ or is out for a long time.

Strasburg and Tanaka to the DL and Syndegaard's stint on the DL to be extended. Not a good 24 hours for some pitchers.

• Advertisement

Tanaka is on the DL cos he ran from 3rd to home on a sac fly. Guess he’s not used to running.

Advertisement