Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2018 Regular Season Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,585 ✭✭✭circular flexing

Tanaka is on the DL cos he ran from 3rd to home on a sac fly. Guess he’s not used to running.

Mariners up to 41 wins - 21 of which have been by a single run.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭krustydoyle

Ohtani needs TJ surgery now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Ohtani needs TJ surgery now

Disappointed to read that. It’ll probably be 2020 before he pitches again.

Disappointed to read that. It’ll probably be 2020 before he pitches again.

As someone who likes baseball and likes watching good baseball players this is disappointing. However as someone who follows a different team in AL West, I'm happy this should help keep Mike Trout's postseason record to a single hit for another year.

• Advertisement

As someone who likes baseball and likes watching good baseball players this is disappointing. However as someone who follows a different team in AL West, I'm happy this should help keep Mike Trout's postseason record to a single hit for another year.

Interesting discussion on the ESPN podcast today about his recovery. Considering he’ll be ready to hit before he can pitch, what will they do with his rehab? If he’s in the majors to hit he can’t get rehab starts for pitching in the minors. Not an issue any other side has had to deal with.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭krustydoyle

Angels are denying it now.. Hard to believe anything.. ESPN were reporting it earlier..

2 years old now but the first time I’ve heard it with the audio. Interesting how umpires handle it when managers are having their last little tantrums.

https://twitter.com/tigersjuk/status/1006699315912495104?s=21

Miggy Cabrera done for the season now too. On a poor team but still disappointing to see another player go down

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭Doogs27

2 years old now but the first time I’ve heard it with the audio. Interesting how umpires handle it when managers are having their last little tantrums.

https://twitter.com/tigersjuk/status/1006699315912495104?s=21

I've never heard the audio from a confrontation before, that's class. That umpire dealt impressively with the situation.

• Advertisement

Doogs27 wrote: »
    I've never heard the audio from a confrontation before, that's class. That umpire dealt impressively with the situation.

I've watched it a few times now and I'm more impressed by the umpire each time I watch it (although I've never heard the phrase "ass is in the jackpot" before).

The funny thing is that Mets fans couldn't wait to get rid of Terry Collins but reading Twitter today, he's never been so popular.

LOL Mike Trout gets 2 home runs in back to back games (so 4 overall) vs. Mariners and Angels still lose both games.

Dodgers got their first walk off of the season last night. Some run that they're on at the moment. Think that's 4 series in a row that they've won now
    Day off today, and then start a series at home to the Giants. Need to continue winning

Been watching the Giants/Marlins game for the last hour or so. 3-3 and into the 16th inning now. Decent enough watch. Both sides have had chances to score in the last few innings but can't get their men home.

Edit - Giants win 6-3 (16)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭ShyMets

Mets Bullpen implodes again! The next few weeks will decide how this season pans out

• Registered Users Posts: 13,322 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

ShyMets wrote: »
    Mets Bullpen implodes again! The next few weeks will decide how this season pans out

Weeks? :P

Sewald, overused, isn't up to the job. Blevins a disaster all season, can't get lefties out which is his role. Still no (real) offense, 3 home runs last night in 'Zona.

Really what's getting me down, is that with all the discussion of another fire sale, it's not what I've signed up for as a fan. Constant cycling through players? Sorry, that stinks! I rooted for Ed Kranepool for 10 years! Tom Seaver, Dwight Gooden, Darryl Strawberry, David Wright, those guys were the ones I wanted to see at the park when I came to a game, or turned on the TV to watch. Now, it's whoever/whatever and they're all playing terribly. It's a lazy FO thing - if the players aren't any good, dump 'em and replace them. But its up to the FO to find, nurture and support those players. This FO doesn't get that.

But, with all things Mets, it's down to the owners and the Met's ownership is in the bottom 3 or 4 in the league. Not as dramatically awful as some were like Jeffrey Loria and the previous Dodger ownership, but a bunch of bankrupt criminals who should've been forced to sell the team but weren't and we're stuck with them forever.

Without a change there, it's going to be this way forever. Occasionally the team'll be competitive to get our hopes up, maybe win a WS every generation or so, but most of the time be either bottom of the basement awful, or 'competitive' but never quite good enough to get over the hump. Plus this FO is just plain dreadful at talent evaluation and bringing up minor leaguers.

Current team is kind of a bunch of beer-leaguers. Hit home runs, or lose. Laughably bad defense. As someone pointed out, what team adds 4 players over 30 in the offseason? All the additions have been on the DL this year. The players brought in via the fire sale have yet to make any serious contribution - low minor leaguers not showing much.

Just (another) grim time to bleed orange and blue like I do.

Igotadose wrote: »
    Weeks? :P

Sewald, overused, isn't up to the job. Blevins a disaster all season, can't get lefties out which is his role. Still no (real) offense, 3 home runs last night in 'Zona.

Really what's getting me down, is that with all the discussion of another fire sale, it's not what I've signed up for as a fan. Constant cycling through players? Sorry, that stinks! I rooted for Ed Kranepool for 10 years! Tom Seaver, Dwight Gooden, Darryl Strawberry, David Wright, those guys were the ones I wanted to see at the park when I came to a game, or turned on the TV to watch. Now, it's whoever/whatever and they're all playing terribly. It's a lazy FO thing - if the players aren't any good, dump 'em and replace them. But its up to the FO to find, nurture and support those players. This FO doesn't get that.

But, with all things Mets, it's down to the owners and the Met's ownership is in the bottom 3 or 4 in the league. Not as dramatically awful as some were like Jeffrey Loria and the previous Dodger ownership, but a bunch of bankrupt criminals who should've been forced to sell the team but weren't and we're stuck with them forever.

Without a change there, it's going to be this way forever. Occasionally the team'll be competitive to get our hopes up, maybe win a WS every generation or so, but most of the time be either bottom of the basement awful, or 'competitive' but never quite good enough to get over the hump. Plus this FO is just plain dreadful at talent evaluation and bringing up minor leaguers.

Current team is kind of a bunch of beer-leaguers. Hit home runs, or lose. Laughably bad defense. As someone pointed out, what team adds 4 players over 30 in the offseason? All the additions have been on the DL this year. The players brought in via the fire sale have yet to make any serious contribution - low minor leaguers not showing much.

Just (another) grim time to bleed orange and blue like I do.

hey, small steps.

Last night was the first time in 9 games that they scored in more than 1 inning!

The Twins have sent Miguel Sano all the way form the majors to single A!

He was an all-star last year but has struggled this season. Has anyone ever been demoted 3 levels in one go before?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,322 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

You should check out Billy Hamilton’s catch in the field today. Amazing stuff.

• Advertisement

4 inning game between the Yankees and Nationals tonight should be interesting. Kind of like a sprint instead of a marathon.

Any idea how the lineups work? I presume both sides have had changes to their rosters and to the 9 that we’re playing at the time the original game was suspended.

4 inning game between the Yankees and Nationals tonight should be interesting. Kind of like a sprint instead of a marathon.

Any idea how the lineups work? I presume both sides have had changes to their rosters and to the 9 that we’re playing at the time the original game was suspended.

Found the answer

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/nationals-journal/wp/2018/06/18/so-how-will-the-nationals-suspended-game-against-the-yankees-work/?noredirect=on&utm_term=.cfce302e0b50

• Registered Users Posts: 13,351 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Stats from this game are recording as being scored on May 16th, the original game date

If Juan Soto plays, it means he's registering official MLB stats 4 days before his official MLB debut which was May 20th

Astros are up to 12 wins in a row now. The one year when the Mariners are able to sustain above-average pace and the Astros are just (literally) out of this world.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,351 ✭✭✭✭8-10

8-10 wrote: »

If Juan Soto plays, it means he's registering official MLB stats 4 days before his official MLB debut which was May 20th

He homered. How many people hit a home run before their debut?

He is completely wasted on that Angels team.

He is completely wasted on that Angels team.

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭rebelyell99

Mariners,yankees series gets underway in the Bronx tonight,could be a cracking series.As someone who watches a tonne of games ,one thing that annoys me is the same group of teams shown on Sunday night baseball every week,whats the reason for this?

• Advertisement

one thing that annoys me is the same group of teams shown on Sunday night baseball every week,whats the reason for this?

$$$$$$$$

Advertisement