Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that make you happy - Part 2 - The Happyning

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,317 ✭✭✭SAMTALK

That it's nearer to 5 oclock than 4 oclock

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭Noveight

Got the term Loss Leader as a crossword answer today.

Sometimes you'd be amazed at the random stuff you can recall.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,306 ✭✭✭AllForIt

I go to my local car park in the evening when it's empty to bash a tennis ball about on the adjoining building walls for practice. (I know that sounds a bit odd but it's free and I'm hoping to join the tennis club in my locale soon).

Anyway, this evening I saw someone dumped some rubbish in the car park, looked like empty beer cans in a cardboard box. It was raining today and the cardboard box was disintegrating.

Later I had to pick up the ball that stopped by the rubbish box and I noticed that one of the cans wasn't open. On closer inspection none of the cans were open where I found 5 cans of Coors Light, 4 Cans of Heineken, 3 Cans of Guinness, 1 bottle of beer, and a partridge in a pear tree. Ok I lied about the partridge. The rest is true.

I think this trivial thing is going to make me very happy indeed.

freebeer.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭erica74

The most trivial thing I think I've ever been happy about, Katie Holmes is set to marry Jamie Foxx in Paris. I'm not a big celebrity follower but I always found it particularly ghastly that Tom Cruise basically gave up a relationship with his daughter for Scientology and I feel very trivially happy for Katie Holmes and her daughter.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

that every day is sunday here now..

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Graces7 wrote: »
    that every day is sunday here now..

Rubbing salt into the wound, are we, Graces? :mad: That's how you make enemies! :mad::cool:

:pac::pac::pac::pac::pac: Lucky you!!!!!:):):):):)

New Home wrote: »
    Rubbing salt into the wound, are we, Graces? :mad: That's how you make enemies! :mad::cool:

:pac::pac::pac::pac::pac: Lucky you!!!!!:):):):):)

Phew! You had me going for a minute! Just is that finally after a year and a half of problems and cafuffles, I am in clearer waters and finally relaxing...good neighboiurs, valued and respected here.... Had to write ONE Ombudsman letter y'day but told then I am OFF UNTIL AFTER EPIPHANY ..... At last some peace.... a good barrister works wonders!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,681 ✭✭✭Try_harder

Off today

• Closed Accounts Posts: 812 ✭✭✭Cleopatra_

I'm going to see my wife today for the first time in a month and I'm going to see my cat for the first time in two months. I'm going to celebrate my wife's birthday at the weekend and there will be cake and alcohol. Both of my grandads got her a card and money and one of them signed the card "Granda" so she's officially one of the grandchildren :D It's so lovely to see that they care for her so much and she's treated as part of the family, and they aren't a bit bothered that I'm married to a woman. You can bet if I had a husband there would be no card for him :p My wife never had a Granda in her life but now she has two :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

... a good barrister works wonders!

So does a good alchemist, especially if s/he's an expert in poisons.

MMMMHWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

:pac::pac::pac:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,051 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Phew! You had me going for a minute! Just is that finally after a year and a half of problems and cafuffles, I am in clearer waters and finally relaxing...good neighboiurs, valued and respected here.... Had to write ONE Ombudsman letter y'day but told then I am OFF UNTIL AFTER EPIPHANY ..... At last some peace.... a good barrister works wonders!

Classic homeo ! Will have you fooled for a minute and then you realize she ain't serious :3

First appt with psychologist went well

MMMMHWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

roflol! Now THAT is a thought! Actually the reaction to the barrister reminded me of a dose of ...er "salts"!
    Very strong ones too,,

Oh and for the first time in a week woken without a bad headache; came of relaxing too fast, like a weekend migraine...very happy at that.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,051 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

MMMMHWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Gwan outta that now homeo with your pretend evil laugh :3:3

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

Looking forward to relatives visiting this afternoon. I've a blazing fire going, and freshly made scones. So much to catch up on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

Spending time with someone that just gets you and you get back. Quite rare, conversation never stops, many laughs and profound discussions had. Wishing for time to stop for a while.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

northgirl wrote: »
    Spending time with someone that just gets you and you get back. Quite rare, conversation never stops, many laughs and profound discussions had. Wishing for time to stop for a while.

❤💙💚💜🧡💛❤💘💖💗

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

❤💙💚💜🧡💛❤💘💖💗

I may shed a tear :o xxx

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Good things happening to good people.

Good things happen to good people.

I'm still waiting. Hope I get my arrears, too. :/

Flying Club Class to LHR with BA. Seat 1C baby!

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Try_harder wrote: »
    Flying Club Class to LHR with BA. Seat 1C baby!

I was 9C both ways on my flights & no-one beside me for both flights too.

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    I was 9C both ways on my flights & no-one beside me for both flights too.

Were you Club Class? I get Champagne Darling!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,111 ✭✭✭SirChenjin

Two bus drivers exchanging a bit of banter and genuine laughter while side by side in a traffic jam this morning. They made me smile.

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Try_harder wrote: »
    Were you Club Class? I get Champagne Darling!

I hope the bubbles go up your nose.

:P

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    I hope the bubbles go up your nose.

:P

/oh behave!

Th having great night with two of my brothers , we came out of the last pub and they caught and said "does our bro k have tickles" well I do and I nearly howled the place down with laughter then :o 😁😆

• Advertisement

Catching the postman on the way home from the dentist and he gave me my parcel! No hassle!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement