Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that make you happy - Part 2 - The Happyning

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

My dog was unwell yesterday and today. I brought her to the vet this evening. She was given two injections for an infection. As the evening went on I could see the devilment coming back in her eyes!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

We got a fabulous Christmas tree for the flat, it’s 6’5” and only cost £10 in the charity shop. Decorated it this evening and it looks beautiful :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,050 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

TH for a productive day at work as well for my private stuff.:P

Baked a 8 minute bread in the microwave, mixed one liter of base for my vaping habit as well as two fresh liquids. Tomorrow i will get a used bread machine from a friend for free. It’s too small for a family of six but plain perfect for my single household. Fresh bread whenever i want one...:D

Did i mention that i’m smokefree since four years now? :P

*bro hugs* well done

I'm off then 10 years , best thing I ever did was go off them.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

Speed.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

about to head kitchenwards for hwb filling; water in the tap is lovely and hot ( thank you turf) and will make toast and coffee then HIBERNATE with as many cats as I can against the "huff and puff and blow your house down " now in progress.... my snug wee hoos makes me very happy indeed....

• Advertisement

Graces7 wrote: »
    about to head kitchenwards for hwb filling; water in the tap is lovely and hot ( thank you turf) and will make toast and coffee then HIBERNATE with as many cats as I can against the "huff and puff and blow your house down " now in progress.... my snug wee hoos makes me very happy indeed....
    That is a lovely picture.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

I met a 74kg Alaskan Malamute yesterday named Bert. I am 53kg.

He is a statuesque beauty and loves all the attention bestowed upon him. :pac:

madmaggie wrote: »
    That is a lovely picture.

I am a natural islander! For some, the idea of not being able to get off the island brings sheer horror... For me, happiness and peace. We are safe, snug. My worst day here was when I got stranded on the mainland....

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Because of some of the posts above, I realise that I'm off the smokes for a year now :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,050 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    Because of some of the posts above, I realise that I'm off the smokes for a year now :)

*Bro hugs*

Well done bro

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,317 ✭✭✭SAMTALK

Boom_Bap wrote: »

Well done Boom_Bap. :)

I'm still smoking but wish soooo much that I had the willpower to give them up

Im so stressed at the minute that I can't imagine not smoking and yet I know how bad they're making me feel

SAMTALK wrote: »

Im so stressed at the minute that I can't imagine not smoking and yet I know how bad they're making me feel

cut back one at a time\? You CAN do it....

quiet air and even sunshine... a welcome break before the next "event"

Parked in front of the fire in my late grandfathers house, I can feel him all around me and it gives me peace. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Kevin Finnerty

SAMTALK wrote: »

Imagine how much less stress you'd have not smoking! No willpower needed but that's an ex smoker being mean. Do it while the urge is strong!

People who turn up in time:-)

Someone took all the plates, cutlery etc, out of the sink and I was able to clean it, finally! :D it was disgusting and I’m so glad I got to bleach and scrub it clean (now how long will that last? :rolleyes:)

Check up at the dentist, no fillings or needles. Delighted with myself. Trivial but I'm happy.

Also dog is back to acting the brat.

Th meeting this random duck outside our accommodation, there they were just quacking about the place, I christened him Mr quackers :3.

qi8l3Fv.jpg

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,482 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

That could easily be Ms Quackers, Seph. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,218 ✭✭✭Poochie05

No kitty encounters down under Seph?

• Advertisement

New Home wrote: »
    That could easily be Ms Quackers, Seph. :D

Touche homeo :3
    Poochie05 wrote: »
    No kitty encounters down under Seph?

I haven't seen a single cat since arriving :-O 🐈

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,482 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

I haven't seen a single cat since arriving :-O 🐈

You're looking in the wrong place, Seph - I told you to check on the ceiling, remember? :pac:

New Home wrote: »
    You're looking in the wrong place, Seph - I told you to check on the ceiling, remember? :pac:

Ohhh homeo, 😆😁😂

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Found a bar of Mint Crisp in the fridge. I had forgotten I bought an extra bar on Friday in case someone called - which they didn't. My gain so!

This evening I pigged out on Tesco gluten free chocolate eclairs. I know they're full of sugar and additives, but I don't bloody care, they are gorgeous.

Finding a new perfume I love. The bf got me a set of travel sized YSL perfumes when he came to visit, and lately I’ve been wearing Black Opium, I really love it :)

everyone, even me, fed and sorted. wild day ahead so hunkering down with a big bag of evergreens, a wire coat hanger and a reel or red ribbon, to be transformed into the base for a fine Advent Wreath for Church.

will be even happier when it is light and I can sort the maddening tapping at the back of the dwelling... ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭Mookie Blaylock

Met smurfjed at work today!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,857 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

The youngfella's school report came in the post today and he is exceeding at all but two of his targets which the teachers set for him.

Plus he is a boss at Fortnite with a couple of hundred individual wins, is holding down a part-time job and flying at the rugby.

Think I'll book an old hotel weekend break for him and his mam to enjoy.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Good non-judgemental conversation.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement