Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that make you happy - Part 2 - The Happyning

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,296 ✭✭✭✭branie2

It's only a month until Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,169 ✭✭✭✭blade1

branie2 wrote: »
    It's only a month until Christmas.

Good news for insomniacs....
    3 sleeps 'til Christmas! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

Got loads of bits towards a new work wardrobe for my new job. Great weekend for a few bargains. My favourite being a beautiful bouclé skirt from Penneys coming in at a mere 14 :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,681 ✭✭✭Try_harder

What a great weekend!
    Promotion!!!
    Great trip to match with Sis & nieces
    Sleepover in Wexford!
    More fun next week!!
    Birthday Dinner with my two special Mammies
    Flight to UK to see London Mammy, Arsenal and Ex!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,111 ✭✭✭SirChenjin

northgirl wrote: »
    Got loads of bits towards a new work wardrobe for my new job. Great weekend for a few bargains. My favourite being a beautiful bouclé skirt from Penneys coming in at a mere 14 :)

Well done on new job! Very best of luck.

• Advertisement

SirChenjin wrote: »
    Well done on new job! Very best of luck.

Thank you so much! Handover tomorrow - starting week after - fingers crossed :)

‪Mick is back! Then Stephen, but Mick first! Fcuk you Roy Keane! ‬

northgirl wrote: »
    Got loads of bits towards a new work wardrobe for my new job. Great weekend for a few bargains. My favourite being a beautiful bouclkirt from Penneys coming in at a mere 14 :)

Best of luck in your new job!

Try_harder wrote: »
    Best of luck in your new job!

Thanks a million :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭TG1

The girl who did my nails today suggested I got some glitter on my ring fingers. I went with a really nice light grey colour, and a dusting of silver glitter on each ring finger.

Just looking at it makes me smile, I love it. I'm not one to try new things very often but this was definitely a success!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

TG1 wrote: »
    The girl who did my nails today suggested I got some glitter on my ring fingers. I went with a really nice light grey colour, and a dusting of silver glitter on each ring finger.

Just looking at it makes me smile, I love it. I'm not one to try new things very often but this was definitely a success!

Love getting glitter on one nail when I get them done! Really just does add a little something :)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Had a great day with friends :) weekend goes by too fast so make sure to live each day :)

NG best of luck in your new job xxxx

Autosport wrote: »
    Had a great day with friends :) weekend goes by too fast so make sure to live each day :)

NG best of luck in your new job xxxx

Couldn't have put it better. Make every moment count!

Thanks so much!

Glad you had a great weekend xx

Upgraded to Business Class for next Friday's flight! #Notions!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,700 ✭✭✭Mountainsandh

Two TH :

One from yesterday. After spending Thursday night sleeping on a chair in the hospital, the sleep I got on Friday night was like "a free trial of death", to quote my son's words :D Rarely happens to me, I'm a bad sleeper, but that felt sooo goood.

Today's TH : I finished my online course, submitted my final assignment this morning ! Phew ! The Making a Murderer procrastobsession was strong, but I was stronger. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

TH I have my appetite back. Last week I could only manage some soup, but to day laid into a roast beef dinner.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

My lovely turf and wood stove that is radiating intense heat and heating the water. Cheers the very soul. Dug by my neighbour by hand just behind the dwelling .... And a small, small cat who is perching on my hand nibbling my knuckles and purring her heart out. who until a few weeks ago was a wee lost soul.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Have my run for the day done, and am relaxing in bed with a cup of tea

• Closed Accounts Posts: 812 ✭✭✭Cleopatra_

I finally finally got my hair done! I really didn't like the colour it was when I got it done in the UK but it's kind of hard to go to the hairdressers when you're agoraphobic :p Anyway I finally got so fed up of my hair that I decided to go and get a colour and a cut today. I got about 3 inches off the length and it's a lovely brown with blonde highlights and a full fringe. Instantly feel better about myself. Sad as it is, I also feel like I managed to achieve something that I haven't been able to do for a while :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Outdoor connections for the Christmas light extravaganza are all in place.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

I was debating in my head whether or not to get chicken nuggets and chips for dinner when someone beside me said the word “nugget”. I think it’s a sign

I was debating in my head whether or not to get chicken nuggets and chips for dinner when someone beside me said the word “nugget”. I think it’s a sign

Dammit! Why!!!!! Now I want nuggets!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 40,214 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

was this preceded by a parting of the clouds and a dazzling ray of light?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

was this preceded by a parting of the clouds and a dazzling ray of light?

Yes. And then the good lord himself appeared

9EFE.gif

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Chocolate Milkshake.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,214 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Yes. And then the good lord himself appeared

9EFE.gif

He does indeed move in mysterious ways

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭black forest

TH for a productive day at work as well for my private stuff.:P

Baked a 8 minute bread in the microwave, mixed one liter of base for my vaping habit as well as two fresh liquids. Tomorrow i will get a used bread machine from a friend for free. It’s too small for a family of six but plain perfect for my single household. Fresh bread whenever i want one...:D

Did i mention that i’m smokefree since four years now? :P

Getting my new job start date
    Booking the Rugby WC 1/4 finals tour

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭TG1

Did i mention that i’m smokefree since four years now? :P

Fantastic! Makes me TH that that can be done! Some day I will get there and be posting something similar, but for now I'll be in awe because that is a hard hard thing to do!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭black forest

TG1 wrote: »
    Fantastic! Makes me TH that that can be done! Some day I will get there and be posting something similar, but for now I'll be in awe because that is a hard hard thing to do!

Actually it happend by accident.:D

After trying vaping i went down from 40 cigarettes per day to just four a day within 24 hours. Two weeks later i ran out of fags during the weekend. Normally a reason to panic but i gave this strange new thing a chance and suddenly i didn’t needed the other stuff anymore. :eek:

Since that day i’ve stayed tuned and never had another cigarette.:D

If you are interrested just have a look here:

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1497

Three years ago i was asked if i would like to be a cofounder of a tiny german non profit NGO to defend vaping. This NGO is registered with the EU in Brussels. We started to collect authentic stories from people which left the fags behind them. There are 161 of these stories till now and we are still going on. Just have a read. ;)

For translation i would recommend deepl.com

http://exraucher.xraucher.org/storys/

Best motivation you can find. My story is within the first ten. :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement