Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

D&D II Act One Scene I - Heroes for hire

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,041 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Fargadras slips as close to the cabin as he can without being noticed and takes cover. He tries to make out who the figures on the deck are.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,633 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

"At last!" Mags stands up and dons his armor after packing he meager possessions into a rucksack. "I'll be on deck."

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,558 ✭✭✭✭Fourier

Banjo wrote: »
    The Raven flutters up to some rigging for a better look.

Retula moves to the bottom of the steps, picking at her nails nonchalantly
    The Raven makes out the massive domes buildings of Zassan, as well as several towers over a hundred fifty feet in height. The storm seems to continue to the city itself, a warm pub wouldn't go astray when they get there, better than the streets in this weather.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

And the 4 guys closer to home?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

Sarric packs up all his belongings and dons his backpack. He heads up the stairs and onto the deck. "Its pissing rain, why couldn't he just have said it is raining", Sarric says loudly to nobody in particular.

• Advertisement

Banjo wrote: »
    And the 4 guys closer to home?
    Obviously disinterested in their work and not paying a huge amount of attention, two of them talk at the side of the ship.

"Well you see, really we're the backbone of the naval establishment. Guiding a ship, that's easy..."

• Registered Users Posts: 6,726 ✭✭✭Evade

Therai finishes the last of the food he stole acquired from the galley and heads up on deck.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,041 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Fargadras checks to see if anyone is watching the captain's cabin. He blends into the scenery... and waits for the captain to leave.

Necrominus wrote: »
    Fargadras checks to see if anyone is watching the captain's cabin. He blends into the scenery... and waits for the captain to leave.
    Nobody notices Fargardas hugging close to one of the masts. When the captain exits the cabin, he waits for the men to look away. He sees his moment, all are facing the sea and he can stay in the shadows and make it to the door.

Retula begins singing in elvish, reporting the movements of those on deck in a think veiled improvised verse.

• Advertisement

Fargadras slips up to the door and attempts to enter the cabin as quick as he can.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

I slowly trudge up to the deck, nudging Therai as I go

"Where'd you get a mouse so small?"

As I reach the deck, I hold my hands out and feel the rain, before stepping back into cover and slowly watching the parapets approach

"Where'd you get a mouse so small?"
    Therai looks up at Brú Tríom, "I found him rummaging around my pack one day and thought I'd keep him. He's pretty normal sized where I'm from.

Fargadras slips up to the door and attempts to enter the cabin as quick as he can.
    The cabin is fairly bare and frugal, save for a locket with a jewel embedded in it.

Evade wrote: »
    Therai looks up at Brú Tríom, "I found him rummaging around my pack one day and thought I'd keep him. He's pretty normal sized where I'm from.
    The winds howl about Therai, though he understands from its speech that this is not a murderous storm.

Fargradas slips the locket into his pocket and quickly exits the cabin, sliding back out and joining the rest of his troupe as naturally as he can.

Fourier wrote: »
    The winds howl about Therai, though he understands from its speech that this is not a murderous storm.
    Therai mutters to himself "Feels like the winds of change are blowing."

• Registered Users Posts: 12,633 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

To no-one in particular, just voicing a question to the gang. "Wonder why the normals are developing a fear of magic. Asking me not to use magic is like asking me not to piss. Now all I can think of doing is pissing magic everywhere."

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

The ship pulls into Zassan's docks.

The captain bellows.

"Alright, all of ye off. Go to the council chambers as quick as ye can, no lollygagging in pubs and what not. Say ye're here for the "Great Mission", I'm sure a councilman or two will speak to ye."

Fargadras walks past the captain as he leaves the ship.

'Thanks for the lift, captain! Hope you have better times in the future.'

He slinks off the boat, smirking to himself.

• Advertisement

Sarric disembarks the ship.

Therai pauses as he's about to disembark the ship, turns to the captain and asks "Any idea where the council chamber is?"

Fargadras sidles up to Sarric when they are both clear of earshot from the captain.

'Psst, hey - look what I swiped. Maybe we could make a few coin from it?'

He lets Sarric see a brief flash of the locket and then it disappears from sight again.

Evade wrote: »
    Therai pauses as he's about to disembark the ship, turns to the captain and asks "Any idea where the council chamber is?"
    The captain points to a stark white building two blocks into the city.

"She's that one. Past the market and turn left."

The market he is referring to begins at the docks. City folk bustling back and forth between fruit stalls and knick-knack shops.

Fourier wrote: »
    The captain points to a stark white building two blocks into the city.

"She's that one. Past the market and turn left."

The market he is referring to begins at the docks. City folk bustling back and forth between fruit stalls and knick-knack shops.
    Therai smiles at the captain and says, "thanks skip" and walks towards the white building glancing at the wares in the market stalls as he goes.

Fargadras sidles up to Sarric when they are both clear of earshot from the captain.

'Psst, hey - look what I swiped. Maybe we could make a few coin from it?'

He lets Sarric see a brief flash of the locket and then it disappears from sight again.

"A fine piece. Would you like to accompany me to a shop to try to flog it, I have some stuff I need to flog too."

Retula follows, almost as if on autopilot. Above the Raven does too.

sKeith wrote: »
    "A fine piece. Would you like to accompany me to a shop to try to flog it, I have some stuff I need to flog too."

Fargadras smiles.

'Yes, I would like that. But maybe we should go see the elders first. Also, I have a plan to gain us some more coin before we leave the city. Up for some mischief?'

He skips lightly ahead of Sarric, following Therai.

Fargadras smiles.

'Yes, I would like that. But maybe we should go see the elders first. Also, I have a plan to gain us some more coin before we leave the city. Up for some mischief?'

He skips lightly ahead of Sarric, following Therai.

"Let them wait. We just got off the boat, I wouldn't mind doing my trading and getting a few coin for a nice beer, then, after i've have quite a few, i'll go see those fellors you talking about, they are definetly not number 1 or number 2 on my must do list."

• Advertisement

Fargadras stops.

'Sure, let's see can we find a fen... I mean, ahem - shopkeeper.'

Advertisement