Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

D&D II Act One Scene I - Heroes for hire

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

Sarric keeps his eyes peeled for somewhere which might purchase some items he has.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,558 ✭✭✭✭Fourier

A trinket shop lies a few rows in, though there is nowhere that sells weapons within the market.

Sarric asks a stall keeper where he would find a shop for alchemy suplies and a weapons shop in the city.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,148 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Fargadras skips off to the trinket shop and enters.

'Afternoon kind soul! This a trinket store? Very well met if so. Are you a part of a guild of some sort? I have an item, was hoping you could take a look at it?'

OOC: An attempt at Thieves Cant, I'll get better, I promise :o

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Retula looks at how tall the buildings are. In tentacle spans. Shopping is booooooooring.

• Advertisement

sKeith wrote: »
    Sarric asks a stall keeper where he would find a shop for alchemy suplies and a weapons shop in the city.
    "For weapons ye'd be looking for Kaldon's up past the council chambers. Third right after them. Alchemy, well the Alchemists guild, based in the Tower over there."

He gestures at a huge structure, at least twenty floors high, with an alchemist carved on one side and a warrior in golden armour carved on the other.

"Terrible weather isn't it?"

Fourier wrote: »
    "For weapons ye'd be looking for Kaldon's up past the council chambers. Third right after them. Alchemy, well the Alchemists guild, based in the Tower over there."

He gestures at a huge structure, at least twenty floors high, with an alchemist carved on one side and a warrior in golden armour carved on the other.

"Terrible weather isn't it?"

"Thanks for the direction, the weather is terrible, expecting to see cat and dogs falling from the sky in a minute"

Sarric ventures into the alchemist tower.

Evade wrote: »
    Therai smiles at the captain and says, "thanks skip" and walks towards the white building glancing at the wares in the market stalls as he goes.
    In terms of magical potential the stalls have little. He makes his way to the council chambers as the rain seems to step up a notch, one's head would almost ache. And they say this land is a dry desert?

"Thanks for the direction, the weather is terrible, expecting to see cat and dogs falling from the sky in a minute"

Sarric ventures into the alchemist tower.
    The tower is even more impressive up close, fine jewels embedded along its walls. The door has lamps above it burning with green flame.

Within Sarric finds an excellent array of alchemic items, stacked shelf upon shelf extending over the first three floors of the tower. Overall the aromatic effect is one of a strong soap with a hint of lavender.

"Looking to brew something in particular my friend" inquires a man in a simple black robe.

OOC: Halting for today. To let Tigger catch up and keep the slow pace.

• Advertisement

The tower is even more impressive up close, fine jewels embedded along its walls. The door has lamps above it burning with green flame.

Within Sarric finds an excellent array of alchemic items, stacked shelf upon shelf extending over the first three floors of the tower. Overall the aromatic effect is one of a strong soap with a hint of lavender.

"Looking to brew something in particular my friend" inquires a man in a simple black robe.

"oh, hello my freind, I have these supplies, which i'd like to offload, would you be interested in making me an offer for them"
    Sarric takes out the 'achemists supplies kit' and shows the man in black robes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,707 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

The captain points to a stark white building two blocks into the city.

"She's that one. Past the market and turn left."

The market he is referring to begins at the docks. City folk bustling back and forth between fruit stalls and knick-knack shops.

I disembark and start the process of slowly strolling nonchantly towards the council buildings while acually holding dynamic tension in my body ready to fight flee or fcuk depending on my judgement.

I also use my perception proficiency to gauge the immediacies in this stinking cress pit of non elves.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,633 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

Mags heads to the nearest notice board to see if there are any gigs in town before heading on to the council to get the lowdown on what the "Great Mission" is all about.

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

"oh, hello my freind, I have these supplies, which i'd like to offload, would you be interested in making me an offer for them"
    Sarric takes out the 'achemists supplies kit' and shows the man in black robes.
    "Hmmm, of standard construction, but in good condition."

He strokes his beard and taps his feet.

"I'm going to say.....35GP?"

"Its in perfect condition, and you know it, 40GP and its a done deal."

Tigger wrote: »
    I also use my perception proficiency to gauge the immediacies in this stinking cress pit of non elves.
    The common rabble about Rhiggy are nothing to be concerned with, even the city guard at a cursory glance would have an arrow in their gullet before they'd reach their weapon. Easy to spot an untrained soldier and these guards weren't far off civilians.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,707 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

I move on towards the council chambers

"Its in perfect condition, and you know it, 40GP and its a done deal."
    "It is, but I have many like it. 35GP or no sale."

Sarric hands over the supplies, "I suppose you do. I need to eat and drink, so i'll take what i can.", he takes the 35GP and departs.

Tigger wrote: »
    I move on towards the council chambers
    Rhiggy catches up with Therai and Mags, they stand before the mighty gates of the council chambers.

Two dissatisfied looking guards nod as they approach.

• Advertisement

Necrominus wrote: »
    Fargadras skips off to the trinket shop and enters.

'Afternoon kind soul! This a trinket store? Very well met if so. Are you a part of a guild of some sort? I have an item, was hoping you could take a look at it?'

OOC: An attempt at Thieves Cant, I'll get better, I promise :o
    The man at the stall glances around.

"I have no interest in yer northern item, you lumbering Stagian fool. Get off my street now."

Sarric hands over the supplies, "I suppose you do. I need to eat and drink, so i'll take what i can.", he takes the 35GP and departs.
    Sarric comes trailing along with his purse full of coin to the council chamber gates.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,148 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Fargadras smiles.

'Very well kind sir. I can see where I'm not wanted. Good day!'

He skips off and stops at a nearby stall.

'Well met! Could you be so kind as to point me to Stagian Street please?'

Fargadras smiles.

'Very well kind sir. I can see where I'm not wanted. Good day!'

He skips off and stops at a nearby stall.

'Well met! Could you be so kind as to point me to Stagian Street please?'
    The Dwarf manning the stall beams with a smile.

"Aye, she's two districts past them dere council chambers, you'll see 'er then.

Would ye like a firecracker for your....well ye nay have a beard but, maybe fer a friend's beard?"

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Sauntering towards the council chambers, whistling nonchalantly and trying not to magic anything.

Banjo wrote: »
    Sauntering towards the council chambers, whistling nonchalantly and trying not to magic anything.
    Retula reaches the gates. The shadows seem to move slightly toward her on her way there, do they recognise a kindred soul?

The Dwarf manning the stall beams with a smile.

"Aye, she's two districts past them dere council chambers, you'll see 'er then.

Would ye like a firecracker for your....well ye nay have a beard but, maybe fer a friend's beard?"

Fargadras smiles again. He doesn't have the same dislike for dwarves his kin tend to.

'No beards in my party, sadly. But I'll be sure to send them your way! Who's your choice of worship these days, friend?'

Fargadras smiles again. He doesn't have the same dislike for dwarves his kin tend to.

'No beards in my party, sadly. But I'll be sure to send them your way! Who's your choice of worship these days, friend?'
    "Aye, the usual. Vergadain, Dumathoin, BandyLegs. But I nay have a favourite. If it's luck in business I seek, Vergadain. Wisdom, Dumathoin. A wrong that needs rightin or luck with the ladies, BandyLegs. Depends on the day."

"Aye, the usual. Vergadain, Dumathoin, BandyLegs. But I nay have a favourite. If it's luck in business I seek, Vergadain. Wisdom, Dumathoin. A wrong that needs rightin or luck with the ladies, BandyLegs. Depends on the day."

Fergadras shudders. That name. Bandylegs. How did a fella like that become a revered god?

He looks at the dwarf.

'How much are your firecrackers? I'll take some as you helped me.'

• Advertisement

"A silver piece each"

Advertisement