Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ex RTÉ producer sentenced to 18 months in prison

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

nonce-sense.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,968 ✭✭✭McCrack

a hell of a lot more are gone underground because of phil. the ones that phil supposibly helped to catch, went to prison because of the police, not phil, because the police did the actual work via insuring the evidence was admissible in court. craven was found out by people looking to be facebook superstars via seeking attention on facebook and needing to find some sort of cause to get support and legitimacy. it's good he is in jail, but the credit ultimately goes to the police via insuring the evidence was admissible in court.

You're displaying a level of ignorance/misunderstanding of the legal and judicial process.

Creaven pleaded guilty on full facts. The question of admissibility or otherwise of the evidence against him did not arise because he pleaded guilty.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,124 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

Ian O Doherty made a right tit of himself on Wednesday night attacking Phil the way he did.

And Ian is a self confessed right winger - like most of the supporters of these groups I would imagine. When even an outspoken right wing conservative like Ian is attacking them, it does suggest there is a problem,

Adrian Kennedy wrote a good article about them recently, describing such groups as little more than thuggish and with very shady motives,

These groups look to get other nonces locked up leaving more kids for them to fiddle

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭Mongfinder General

These groups look to get other nonces locked up leaving more kids for them to fiddle

And you know this how?

• Advertisement

And you know this how?

If it looks like a duck, swims like a duck, and quacks like a duck, then its probably a nonce.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,349 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

a hell of a lot more are gone underground because of phil. the ones that phil supposibly helped to catch, went to prison because of the police, not phil, because the police did the actual work via insuring the evidence was admissible in court. craven was found out by people looking to be facebook superstars via seeking attention on facebook and needing to find some sort of cause to get support and legitimacy. it's good he is in jail, but the credit ultimately goes to the police via insuring the evidence was admissible in court.

So you credit the cops with a conviction of a person they knew nothing about.

Ok so.

If it looks like a duck, swims like a duck, and quacks like a duck, then its probably a nonce.

I think you have ducks confused with paedos. How come you know so much about paedos anyway?

I think you have ducks confused with paedos. How come you know so much about paedos anyway?

Paedophiles have more genes in common with crabs than they do with you and me. Now that's a scientific fact.

• Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭clairek6

Absolute filthy pig. I feel sorry for his family and especially his elderly mother who I’m led to believe is compleley and utterly heartbroken over this.

Both parents are dead but he has a couple of siblings

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,240 ✭✭✭facehugger99

Hard to know which group represents a greater danger to society, the paedos or these self-styled paedo-hunters.

I find them both deplorable for different reasons tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

Strazdas wrote: »
    And Ian is a self confessed right winger - like most of the supporters of these groups I would imagine. When even an outspoken right wing conservative like Ian is attacking them, it does suggest there is a problem,

Adrian Kennedy wrote a good article about them recently, describing such groups as little more than thuggish and with very shady motives,

I’ve asked before and didn’t get an answer, so I’ll try again. What evidence is there that anyone helping catch paedos is shady or thuggish??

Hard to know which group represents a greater danger to society, the paedos or these self-styled paedo-hunters.

I’ll make your mind up straight away. Which one would you prefer to babysit your kids?

One group grooms kids and fcuks them.

The other group tries to catch and have the first group arrested.

If you don’t know which one is a “greater danger to society” it says a lot about you.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Turn Out The Sun

No problem with pedo hunters. They create a fake profile of a young girl or boy, and the pedo makes the first move. It's the pedo who ruins his life.

And while I believe in the death penalty for pedophiles, this group did not harm him, merely restrained him until the police arrived, which is what should be done.

I'm looking into getting involved with one of these groups myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,997 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

I’ll make your mind up straight away. Which one would you prefer to babysit your kids?

neither of them.
    One group grooms kids and fcuks them.

The other group tries to catch and have the first group arrested.

If you don’t know which one is a “greater danger to society” it says a lot about you.

the second group sets up fake pages and pretends to be children. i am as concerned about them as i am about paedophiles, 100% concern.

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

Which is the greater threat to society? That would be the pedophiles.

neither of them.

the second group sets up fake pages and pretends to be children. i am as concerned about them as i am about paedophiles, 100% concern.

You need only be concerned about pedo hunters if you are a pedophile.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 518 ✭✭✭keith_sixteen

So why aren't they catching them then?

Of course they are catching them. Difference is the cops aren't live streaming the crap out of their operations for the likes. Ultimately, in the long term, these streaming tactics do more harm than good.
    Depraved perverts nobody in law enforcement knew about.

Craven was found out by ordinary people in another country giving up their free time not the Guards who are paid to root out his kind.

How do you know they were not on the radar of law enforcement already? Probably plenty who were on the radar who have now fallen off thanks to Phil and his mates. Ordinary people giving up their "free time"....please. The absolute dole hounds have plenty of time on their hands.

neither of them.

Your poor kids.

• Advertisement

You need only be concerned about pedo hunters if you are a pedophile.
    Dangerous logic.

Dangerous logic.

I'm not chatting up 13 year girls on Facebook. I have nothing to worry about.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,240 ✭✭✭facehugger99

I find these group's obsessions with paedos a bit suspicious tbh. Almost as if they're trying to cover up for something themselves.

How To Bring About A Police State: Chapter 1

I find these group's obsessions with paedos a bit suspicious tbh. Almost as if they're trying to cover up for something themselves.

The fact you're signed up here last month with 100 posts I just cant take you serious.

Nice try all the same

At least you got a thanks from end of the road

• Registered Users Posts: 4,845 ✭✭✭timthumbni

I honestly couldn’t give 2 fecks about the rights of those snared by these groupings. As for those stating that both are as bad as each other that is frankly laughable.

If the psni/pps can’t convict based on evidence handed to them then I would suggest that the law needs changed.

The fact that a lot of these deviants have now been at least exposed to the public will in certain cases help protect children around them. One caught up here was a kids music tutor ffs. Now the psni can rabbit on about procedure all they want. The fact is that without the predator catchers or whoever was on that one no one would know about this guy. I’m sure the parents of the kids he was tutoring will be very, very thankful that he was outed on Facebook.

I also smirked about someone earlier going on about it being unethical....... we are talking about paedophiles here. How ethical is it for a 40 year old man to send a picture of his Johnston to someone
    he believes to be a 13 yr old kid and then try to arrange a meeting?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,124 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

timthumbni wrote: »
    I honestly couldn’t give 2 fecks about the rights of those snared by these groupings. As for those stating that both are as bad as each other that is frankly laughable.

If the psni/pps can’t convict based on evidence handed to them then I would suggest that the law needs changed.

The fact that a lot of these deviants have now been at least exposed to the public will in certain cases help protect children around them. One caught up here was a kids music tutor ffs. Now the psni can rabbit on about procedure all they want. The fact is that without the predator catchers or whoever was on that one no one would know about this guy. I’m sure the parents of the kids he was tutoring will be very, very thankful that he was outed on Facebook.

I also smirked about someone earlier going on about it being unethical....... we are talking about paedophiles here. How ethical is it for a 40 year old man to send a picture of his Johnston to someone
    he believes to be a 13 yr old kid and then try to arrange a meeting?

The law needs to be changed in order to accommodate the activities of vigilante groups? I don't think so : Ireland is not a lawless state run by semi literate chavs with links to paramilitaries and the British far right. Changing the law like this would open the door to every angry yob in the country setting himself up as a have a go hero.

The law needs to be changed in order to accommodate the activities of vigilante groups? I don't think so : Ireland is not a lawless state run by semi literate chavs with links to paramilitaries and the British far right. Changing the law like this would open the door to every angry yob in the country setting himself up as a have a go hero.

As socrates the great greek philosopher said-

When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser

Third time of asking.

I’ve asked before and didn’t get an answer, so I’ll try again. What evidence is there that anyone helping catch paedos is shady or thuggish??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Third time of asking.

Their accents or their vocabulary, presumably. That’s what they’ll realistically go on. The same people running the members of these groups into ground based on these factors would be the exact same ones crying foul, ironically, if they were stereotyped or written off in another situation. But that’s the way of it these days. Mental gymnastics to defend the indefensible and deflect.

Saw it on the Lidl Tallaght thread, people taking umbrage at posters calling the perpetrators scum and vermin because it’s dehumanising rather than lambasting the filth responsible.

Saw it on the Tommy Robinson thread last night, ignoring the tramps attacking people in Hyde Park with sticks but instead focusing on Tommy apparently looking smug.

It’s the same people time and time again looking to shift blame, you can almost do a bingo list of who’ll thank the posts.

Advertisement