Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ex RTÉ producer sentenced to 18 months in prison

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,810 ✭✭✭Hector Savage

McCrack wrote: »
    You see you have just insulted a group of people that voluntarily give their time to identify and publicly expose dangerous and harmful men that want to sexually abuse children.

A thug by definition is a violent criminal. It is clear from the video recording that violence is not used or threatened. Their actions are perfectly lawful.

I think you need to reassess your opinion

Oh yeah thats why they are doing it !!

What heroes !!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭wakka12

You see you have just insulted a group of people that voluntarily give their time to identify and publicly expose dangerous and harmful men that want to sexually abuse children.

A thug by definition is a violent criminal. It is clear from the video recording that violence is not used or threatened. Their actions are perfectly lawful.

Id give all my life savings on a bet that most of the people doing it are not considered kind or nice people by people they know

What they're doing is grand..it is getting paedos off the streets..but Im pretty much certain the justice group are just narcissists who want to humiliate somebody without repercussion or with support from others for doing it. And this all but proven by the fact they publish it on Facebook, if they just wanted to save children, if it was their priority, then they'd send the evidence straight to police. But they go after themselves and videotape them. tell me why? Its because they're narcissists, want recognition/likes/moment of fame

As I said if they actually cared about finding people who are a danger to children they'd be trawling the dark web not okcupid

• Registered Users Posts: 2,968 ✭✭✭McCrack

Well Ill put it this way..the RTE man sting. There were chats for four months and probably daily. The decoy had to engage with that for four months reading his filth, pictures of his penis etc being sent and having to constantly engage with that.

That takes quite some effort all the while being done voluntarily in an effort to identify and expose the abusers.

Some might call that heroic.

wakka12 wrote: »
    Id give all my life savings on a bet that most of the people doing it are not considered kind or nice people by people they know

What they're doing is grand..it is getting paedos off the streets..but Im pretty much certain the justice group are just narcissists who want to humiliate somebody without repercussion or with support from others for doing it. And this all but proven by the fact they publish it on Facebook, if they just wanted to save children, if it was their priority, then they'd send the evidence straight to police. But they go after themselves and videotape them. tell me why? Its because they're narcissists, want recognition/likes/moment of fame

As I said if they actually cared about finding people who are a danger to children they'd be trawling the dark web not okcupid

Have you any life savings? If so how much?

I might take you up on it

• Registered Users Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭wakka12

Well Ill put it this way..the RTE man sting. There were chats for four months and probably daily. The decoy had to engage with that for four months reading his filth, pictures of his penis etc being sent and having to constantly engage with that.

That takes quite some effort all the while being done voluntarily in an effort to identify and expose the abusers.

Some might call that heroic.

No 13 year old girl would meet a 45 year old men sending her dick pics. How brain dead or naive do you think 13 year olds are?Do you even know any 13 year olds? Would you have when you were 13, of course you wouldn't have. They didn't save anybody, heroic people are ones who take out actual criminals, one who are actually manipulative and extremely dangerous individuals, and they will not be found on okcupid and the dangerous ones will be much too smart to be caught by this justice lot

Not heroic, they're doing it for likes. you're giving them way too much credit

• Advertisement

wakka12 wrote: »
    No 13 year old girl would meet a 45 year old men sending her dick pics. How brain dead or naive do you think 13 year olds are?Do you even know any 13 year olds? Would you have when you were 13, of course you wouldn't have. They didn't save anybody, heroic people are ones who take out actual criminals, one who are actually manipulative and extremely dangerous individuals, and they will not be found on okcupid and the dangerous ones will be much too smart to be caught by this justice lot

Not heroic, they're doing it for likes. you're giving them way too much credit

Youre missing the point completely.

Im saying the decoy who is voluntarily giving up their time had to endure on I suspect an almost daily basis for four whole months his chats and receiving pictures of his penis in order to successfully identify and expose him. That deserves respect in my view.

And if you think someone like Creavin is not manipulative or dangerous then you are deluded and you care little for child protection.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,306 ✭✭✭AllForIt

I didn't realize penises ( or is it penii? ) were so traumatic to look at. I'll send them on a donation to contribute towards their therapy sessions.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,997 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

a
    Craven and others like him are the ones who make the first contact with the fake profiles they set up.

He was also in contact with real children on FB, sent a pic of his cock to what he thought was a 13 year old girl and travelled to Leeds to sleep with her and yet you are angry with the people who outed him.

there is no dispute that he is a creten and deserves to be locked up. however lets be honest here, normal everyday people don't set up fake profiles and pretend to be children. that is also concerning.
    You will always get apologists in any thread on Boards. Never thought it would get to the point of pardo apologists though. Sickening.

nope. you can be against these facebook attention seekers and paedophilia at the same time.

yeah i have no problem insulting them. someone "volunteering" to set up fake profiles and pretend to be a child is just not normal behaviour. especially when it is so obviously in the name of fishing for facebook likes and thanks. if the police were doing it then so be it, that's the job and they are paid for it.

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,126 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

splinter65 wrote: »
    For a long time I’ve argued that lessons in basic judicial procedures should be part of secondary school education.
    I’m often horrified when I hear otherwise sensible sane adults commenting on what they think their rights are as either victim or perpetrator.
    These vigilante gangs are pure poison.
    I doubt if they have very much empathy or sympathy for victims of paedophilia.
    They’re just angry angry vicious bullies who have found legitimate easily trapped targets for their pursuits.
    Disgusting.

Agree completely, and there also seems to some links between these groups and Loyalist paramilitaries in NI and with the far right in Britain.

I would say the Gardai and PSNI are showing eminent common sense in refusing to have anything to do with these groups and not encouraging them in any way. There is only one legitimate police force.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,349 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

And yet if it wasn't for these people Craven would be happily working in his cushy well paid job by day and looking to meet up with kids by night instead of sitting in a jail cell.

The facts speak for themselves.

• Advertisement

Strazdas wrote: »
    Agree completely, and there also seems to some links between these groups and Loyalist paramilitaries in NI and with the far right in Britain.

I would say the Gardai and PSNI are showing eminent common sense in refusing to have anything to do with these groups and not encouraging them in any way. There is only one legitimate police force.

So why aren't they catching them then?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭splinter65

That’s not the accepted universal opinion of pitchforking mobs but you’re ,as ever, entitled to your opinion

• Registered Users Posts: 8,810 ✭✭✭Hector Savage

Youre missing the point completely.

Im saying the decoy who is voluntarily giving up their time had to endure on I suspect an almost daily basis for four whole months his chats and receiving pictures of his penis in order to successfully identify and expose him. That deserves respect in my view.

And if you think someone like Creavin is not manipulative or dangerous then you are deluded and you care little for child protection.

They're not giving up their time, they get a kick out of this !!
    Do you give up your time to watch a film ? or play a sport you like ?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,126 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

So why aren't they catching them then?

Well, that's a question for them (and maybe one they should be answering). The thing is though, ordinary citizens cannot set themselves up as a private police force and even wear uniforms just because they are unhappy with the way specific things are being policed. Pretending that they are working hand in hand with the authorities and doing them a favour is obviously nonsense.

Also, quite a few members of these groups seem to be shady characters themselves, never mind the people they are going after.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

Well, that's a question for them (and maybe one they should be answering). The thing is though, ordinary citizens cannot set themselves up as a private police force and even wear uniforms just because they are unhappy with the way specific things are being policed. Pretending that they are working hand in hand with the authorities and doing them a favour is obviously nonsense.

Also, quite a few members of these groups seem to be shady characters themselves, never mind the people they are going after.

What evidence have you got that “quite a few members of these groups seem to be shady characters themselves”. I’ve seen that posted a few times with absolutely nothing to back it up.

So you would prefer they had done nothing and Craven and the 40 nonces they outed in the UK remained hidden because you don't like people like Phil.

I watched Phil on PK the other night, why would you think he is shady?

Is that what you are saying?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

These vigilante type groups can be dangerous (and the non the other hand catching people grooming kids is ridiculously difficult otherwise) and a lot of these "pedo hunter" types are often nothing but scumbags looking for an excuse to attack someone. But having quickly skimmed the video posted on the first page and seeing a few bits of the leader's comments after the court case I've got to say they've given a pretty decent showing of themselves and seemed particularly aware of keeping everything above board and on camera, and not escalating the situation.

That's a really low sentence, mind you.

They're not giving up their time, they get a kick out of this !!
    Do you give up your time to watch a film ? or play a sport you like ?

Your're confusing a person having pasttimes with volunteering.

Clearly the exposure groups who are volunteering their time and patience are going to feel a sense of satisfaction when they get a catch like Creaven and they are entitled to that same way a volunteer collecting money for a clarity might feel satisfaction at the end of the day when they look in the collection box

Ian O Doherty made a right tit of himself on Wednesday night attacking Phil the way he did.

Ian O Doherty made a right tit of himself on Wednesday night attacking Phil the way he did.

how so.

• Advertisement

What happened? O'Doherty is usually on the ball.

He accused him of being a thug and basically disagreed with everything Phil was saying.

That's disappointing. O'Doherty is usually one of the good guys.

I was surprised myself.

He accused him of being a thug and basically disagreed with everything Phil was saying.

that's rather different to "making a tit" of oneself.

So you would prefer they had done nothing and Craven and the 40 nonces they outed in the UK remained hidden because you don't like people like Phil.

I watched Phil on PK the other night, why would you think he is shady?

Is that what you are saying?

4000 nonces are gone further underground because people like Phil are quite literally getting off on their little tin pot dictator purges.
    Is that what you want?

4000 nonces are gone further underground because people like Phil are quite literally getting off on their little tin pot dictator purges.
    Is that what you want?

Where are you getting your figures from?

He was dead right and on the ball calling out a bully with an ego the size of a mountain.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭Flippyfloppy

He was dead right and on the ball calling out a bully with an ego the size of a mountain.

Oh come on, I'm dead against bullying but who gives a **** if paedos are being bullied?!? Seriously

Is that what you want?

41 nonces are in prison because of Phil.

Depraved perverts nobody in law enforcement knew about.

Craven was found out by ordinary people in another country giving up their free time not the Guards who are paid to root out his kind.

Where are you getting this 4000 figure from?

If you can point out where I apologized for a paedophile then please go ahead. Otherwise you can withdraw your comment.

If you can point out where I said you had, please go ahead. Very defensive stance.

• Advertisement

41 nonces are in prison because of Phil.

Depraved perverts nobody in law enforcement knew about.

Craven was found out by ordinary people in another country giving up their free time not the Guards who are paid to root out his kind.

Where are you getting this 4000 figure from?

a hell of a lot more are gone underground because of phil. the ones that phil supposibly helped to catch, went to prison because of the police, not phil, because the police did the actual work via insuring the evidence was admissible in court. craven was found out by people looking to be facebook superstars via seeking attention on facebook and needing to find some sort of cause to get support and legitimacy. it's good he is in jail, but the credit ultimately goes to the police via insuring the evidence was admissible in court.

Advertisement