Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2018 NFL Offseason Trades and Free Agent News

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,871 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

McCourty twins reunited

• Registered Users Posts: 11,101 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

Michael Crabtree released by the Raiders.

Funny if he ends up signing for the Seahawks, he’d face twice a year both Sherman (with different jerseys) and Talib.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,636 ✭✭✭phatkev

Dontari Poe, DT, to Panthers - 3 years - $27million

hadnt even realised he was a free agent, good signing for the Panthers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭TOss Sweep

TOss Sweep wrote: »
    Looks like Jordy Nelson is going to end up with the Raiders

Confirmed

@AdamSchefter
    Raiders are giving Jordy Nelson a two-year, $15 million deal, per source, including the $13 million guaranteed that @89JonesNTAF reported.

Austin Seferian-Jenkins gone to the Jags. Sad to see him leave the Jets, but at the same time I'm happy Macc set his number on ASJ, and didn't budge. Could very easily have overpaid for the TE

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Redskins finally sign one of their own, after 5 or so others walk out the door.

https://twitter.com/JPFinlayNBCS/status/974388275115909120

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Jolly Red Giant

Foxtrol wrote: »
    Funny if he ends up signing for the Seahawks, he’d face twice a year both Sherman (with different jerseys) and Talib.

LOL

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Stupid if true, that Earl Thomas/Eric Berry coverage type safety is probably the last on the team that you let go after QB, OLB/DE and LT in my opinion. He turns 29 just before the season, you'd have to think there are a few teams who would be happy to give up a 1st and 3rd for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Jolly Red Giant

Billy86 wrote: »
    Stupid if true, that Earl Thomas/Eric Berry coverage type safety is probably the last on the team that you let go after QB, OLB/DE and LT in my opinion. He turns 29 just before the season, you'd have to think there are a few teams who would be happy to give up a 1st and 3rd for him.

Looks like the Hawks are having a bit of a defensive clearout

• Advertisement

https://twitter.com/jamisonhensley/status/974409251547500545?s=21

Now this is a badly, badly needed potential addition after the monstrosity of the WR moves by the Ravens so far.

They better not let him leave the building without signing.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,653 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Suh will visit the Titans. A little surprising

Paully D wrote: »
    What a ****ing stupid, idiotic signing at that price:

https://twitter.com/rapsheet/status/973719863104626689?s=21

Ryan Grant They sent him packing today failed a medical. He wont be joining the Ravens

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Ryan Grant They sent him packing today failed a medical. He wont be joining the Ravens

And the exact same has just happened to Breeland with the Panthers. What the hell is it with Redskins and injuries (although this one was a non-football one)?

Sheldon Richardson has signed with the Vikings, one year after the Seahawks traded a 2nd rounder and Kearse for him

was it just a coincidence Grant failed the physical around the same time Crabtree was released??

Interesting to see if a team takes a run at Meredith or Fuller from the Bears. Having spent so much money in FA they may not have too much cap set aside to deal with offers they might get.

Packers have signed the Bear’s Kyle Fuller to an offer sheet. Bears have to match now or lose him with no compensation. Could turn out to be a stupid move by the Bears not to tag him. On the opposite side, good move by the Packers either way, worst case their division rival has to pay up more money for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,216 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Packers have signed the Bear’s Kyle Fuller to an offer sheet. Bears have to match now or lose him with no compensation. Could turn out to be a stupid move by the Bears not to tag him. On the opposite side, good move by the Packers either way, worst case their division rival has to pay up more money for him.

The transition tag always made far more sense than the franchise tag.

That said if the $4m we've paid to keep Sims for some stupid reason is the difference between keeping Fuller and losing him then Ryan Pace has a lot to answer for.

Edit: It's interesting that this offer counts against the Packers cap immediately, so they probably have no money left to negotiate with other FAs now for the next 5 days until we match and the money is free'd up again.

If it's a ridiculous offer the Packers can just have him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

To be honest if the Packers could get Fuller, we wouldn't need to look at any other free agents anywhere, I think. Him, Jimmy Graham and Mo Wilkerson would be a huge success for GB with two filling big needs and the other if he can play like he did under Pettine with the Jets would be an awesome boost too. I expect us to go EDGe in round 1 and WR in round 2, maybe an ILB and slot CB in the mid/late rounds and after that it's really anyone's guess.

Billy86 wrote: »
    To be honest if the Packers could get Fuller, we wouldn't need to look at any other free agents anywhere,

Point I was making though was in the next 5 days multiple FAs that the Packers couldn't negotiate with could be signed up by other teams. So if we do end up matching, the Pack will have succeeded in driving up the price we pay but they will also have missed out on some other FA targets in the process.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

Schefter : Former Raiders’ WR Michael Crabtree reached agreement on a three-year deal with the Baltimore Ravens, per source.

And the exact same has just happened to Breeland with the Panthers. What the hell is it with Redskins and injuries (although this one was a non-football one)?

I know Grant got hurt the end of the season but did Breeland have any issues during the season seems like a cut on his foot stopped the Panthers signing him.
    phatkev wrote: »
    was it just a coincidence Grant failed the physical around the same time Crabtree was released??

Wouldn't be suprised

• Registered Users Posts: 17,871 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

Patriots signing Adrian Clayborn

We should have waited until a few minutes before the deadline to waste the Packers time but oh well.

It's actually a great contract with most of guaranteed money in the first year. He'll either go on to have another great season or regress to being the average CB he was before 2017 and we can move on if we want. Thank you to the Packers for negotiating the deal for Pace while he worked on bringing in players on offense.

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/974792542146441216

Oat23 wrote: »
    We should have waited until a few minutes before the deadline to waste the Packers time but oh well.

It's actually a great contract with most of guaranteed money in the first year. He'll either go on to have another great season or regress to being the average CB he was before 2017 and we can move on if we want. Thank you to the Packers for negotiating the deal for Pace while he worked on bringing in players on offense.

I thought it would be a hell of a lot worse, the Packers probably didn't have the cap to really turn the screw on the Bears, but I doubt it is one that they would have made by choice. Obviously if he regresses badly it is a painless cut but if he is good but not great do they cut him or keep paying him top 5 CB money?

I thought it would be a hell of a lot worse, the Packers probably didn't have the cap to really turn the screw on the Bears, but I doubt it is one that they would have made by choice. Obviously if he regresses badly it is a painless cut but if he is good but not great do they cut him or keep paying him top 5 CB money?

Guess it depends on how good FA & the draft is for CBs next year and just how 'not great' he plays. Not crippling with only like $4m in dead money if it doesn't work out.

Honestly I'm not a big Fuller guy yet. Lots of people think he's elite but I'm not sure yet. One good (contract) season doesn't make me forget about the first 3.

Being reported now that the dead money would be $12m if cut next year, so it's essentially a 2 year deal as he won't be cut. After 2019 we could cut him without penalty though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

Schefter : Former Raiders’ WR Michael Crabtree reached agreement on a three-year deal with the Baltimore Ravens, per source.

I think the Ravens have probably played it a little dirty with Ryan Grant on this one, but man, that’s a much better signing and one that was so badly needed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,671 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

Honey Badger to the Texans on a 1 year $7 million deal. An absolute steal.

Advertisement