Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2018 NFL Offseason Trades and Free Agent News

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭krustydoyle

Hypothetically of course but what do you think he's worth???

• Registered Users Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

He's my favourite player to watch, but I wouldn't be upset if he left, tbh.

Spending 19m a year on a WR, or whatever he's looking for, just doesn't sit well with me.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Diarmuid1995

Considering it's Dave Gettleman who had no problem cutting Steve Smith, Deangelo Williams and rescinding the franchise tag on Josh Norman while at the panthers I can see a trade coming.
    What teams have the cap room left to take on that size of a contract though?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,829 ✭✭✭nerd69

Only team that may make sense for is the Browns

• Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭Onecoolcookie

nerd69 wrote: »
    Only team that may make sense for is the Browns

Reunited with his college buddy Landry would be quite fun.

Hard to guess what they'd have to give up in terms of picks though?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭conor222

Browns, Colts, 49ers all have the space. The browns would have the picks to make the move, 49ers would be interesting but dont know what they'd be happy to give pick wise

• Registered Users Posts: 11,101 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

Browns have numerous picks, but probably not a single ‘right’ one. Despite the contract cost/issues I’d expect the Giants to look for a first, however 1.1 and 1.4 would be too high. Maybe 1.4 and the Giants give OBJ and their early 2nd round pick or a combination of Browns picks, such as two 2nd rounders.

From FA interest I think Shanahan is happy enough that he can scheme his WR group open and wouldn’t give up the pick nor cap room for OBJ, oh how I’d love to see them go for him though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Browns doesn't make a tonne of sense to me with Josh Gordon's return, Landy's signing and Corey Coleman looking decent. They've got a rake of cash and desperately need huge improvements across the board of course, I just don't think putting so much money into WR works is the best place to put it (though it could help their QB hit the ground running which will be very important with how bad the Browns have been there for some time).

• Registered Users Posts: 8,046 ✭✭✭Guffy

Billy86 wrote: »
    Browns doesn't make a tonne of sense to me with Josh Gordon's return, Landy's signing and Corey Coleman looking decent. They've got a rake of cash and desperately need huge improvements across the board of course, I just don't think putting so much money into WR works is the best place to put it (though it could help their QB hit the ground running which will be very important with how bad the Browns have been there for some time).

I agree with most of this. I dont think the Browns are sold on Coleman though and there is a lot of risk hanging your hat on Gordon. But dont see it happening tbh. Would love to get him but not with the 1.04... i mean ya but no but ya...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

Obj's agents need to be fired if they aint in his ear about the market he is in for sponsorship deals, ads etc, make a **** ton more in new york than others, but he said he wants to be number one paid player so it could be him pushing it but new york shouldnt give in, they'd cripple the team

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,691 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

OBJ seems to be in the same place as Dez Bryant. Both are superb talents, but they clearly feel they are worth more than what their respective teams seem to want to pay them. OBJ seems to want an extension while Dez seems to not want to take a pay cut.

Joe Montana was traded by the 49ers which means no player is not tradable.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,956 ✭✭✭Blut2

Did anything come of that OBJ video of him in a hotel room smoking a blunt with a girl doing coke? I remember it being posted in one of the threads here but the never heard anything else about it.

He'd be a great weapon for Garoppolo to use in San Fran. But thats a crazy price. If they could convince him to structure it around a lot of performance incentives he might be worth it. He could still claim his headline "highest paid player in the NFL" figure for his ego, but it mightn't end up costing the full whack.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,871 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

Suh to the Rams. 1 Yr $14 million

What the **** Rams. They've significantly improved an already good team this offseason.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

Id love the browns to go get obj, just to shut him the **** up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

Suh and Donald are going to destroy the interior OLines of teams, you cannot double team both

Rams have taken an 'interesting' approach to the off season. On a pure skill level improvement they've done a great job. I know McVay won coach of the year but as such a young coach this not only ramps up the pressure to succeed (compared to basically nothing last year) he has now added a number of guys who would be deemed to have serious character issues. It also looks like they've potentially set themselves up to be in serious cap difficulty in a year or two but I appreciate them just going for it while their QB and RB are on rookie deals.

It could turn out amazingly or a complete car crash but either way it'll be great viewing. Can we get them on Hard Knocks again already??

Hazys wrote: »
    Suh and Donald are going to destroy the interior OLines of teams, you cannot double team both

Sam Bradford is questioning whether that $20m was enough money to deal with this twice a season while on one good leg.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Diarmuid1995

Foxtrol wrote: »
    Rams have taken an 'interesting' approach to the off season. On a pure skill level improvement they've done a great job. I know McVay won coach of the year but as such a young coach this not only ramps up the pressure to succeed (compared to basically nothing last year) he has now added a number of guys who would be deemed to have serious character issues. It also looks like they've potentially set themselves up to be in serious cap difficulty in a year or two but I appreciate them just going for it while their QB and RB are on rookie deals.

It could turn out amazingly or a complete car crash but either way it'll be great viewing. Can we get them on Hard Knocks again already??

Just coming on to make a very similar point.
    Talib Suh and Peters in the same defensive locker room is a recipe for potential disaster due to their character issues and imo occasional scumbaggery (for want of a better word), maybe not from Marcus peters but certainly the other two.
    Wade Phillips is however an incredible DC so if anyone can make it work I'd fancy him to get the job done.
    Side note, an incredible D line and backfield no doubt but the rams linebackers don't look too impressive to me with the removal of ogletree

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭conor222

Nothing but crossing routes! :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,328 ✭✭✭the baby bull elephant

Talib Suh and Peters in the same defensive locker room is a recipe for potential disaster due to their character issues and imo occasional scumbaggery (for want of a better word), maybe not from Marcus peters but certainly the other two.
    Wade Phillips is however an incredible DC so if anyone can make it work I'd fancy him to get the job done.
    Side note, an incredible D line and backfield no doubt but the rams linebackers don't look too impressive to me with the removal of ogletree

While Suh has the occasional act of thuggery on his record, he's not really considered to have character issues. He's considered to be a hard worker who's surprisingly a pretty nice guy.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,636 ✭✭✭phatkev

Hazys wrote: »

God help Russel Wilson!!

Jimmy Garoppolo should have held out for a better contract :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Jolly Red Giant

Wade Phillips is going to have a lot of fun coaching that defence.

I am still p*ssed that Elway didn't give him a new contract.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,829 ✭✭✭nerd69

Real nightmare for qbs I'm not sure how you keep a pocket against those guys possibly the best internal pass rush duo we've ever seen?

No idea how a team plays against them if your qb is mobile you could try to move the pocket I guess or you could try constant quick routes but that should get found out pretty quickly particularly with those corners

• Registered Users Posts: 36,240 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Wade Phillips is exactly the man to get talent like that working together. On paper, it will be an extraordinary defense. Of course, there have been many occasions in the NFL where it doesn't work out like you'd expect. But there are no contextual reasons why it won't in this case. There's coaching continuity and continuity on the offensive side of the ball. They've set themselves up for a run.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,328 ✭✭✭the baby bull elephant

This is just making me sad, the Lions could have had an interior rotation of Suh, Donald and Fairley in 2014, it was already a historic Lions defence and it could have been even better.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,653 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

titans sign Gabbert as the back up QB

While Suh has the occasional act of thuggery on his record, he's not really considered to have character issues. He's considered to be a hard worker who's surprisingly a pretty nice guy.

He was just cut from a team where he was one of their best players, leaving them with significant dead money in the process, and claims that the reason for doing so was the team needed a ‘culture change’ in the locker room. That would raise character questions for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Jolly Red Giant

Clive Walford TE, has been released by the Raiders - rumours that the Broncos grabbed the phone to call him.

Advertisement