Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2018 NFL Offseason Trades and Free Agent News

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,048 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

Not alone are the Jets signing Bridgewater - they are giving McCown $10million for next year.

Is Bridgewater confirmed? Unlike the Cardinals, I wouldn't say taking both of these guys and possibly even drafting a QB in the 1st if one they like falls would be the worse move. They actually have a tonne of cap space to play with and if they sign Bridgewater to a reasonable contract with the option for extension to say 4 years then he could have great trade value if he proves his fitness.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭TOss Sweep

Titans sign Malcolm Butler to a 5 year 61 million deal with 30 mill guaranteed

Dion Lewis joining him

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

What a ****ing stupid, idiotic signing at that price:

https://twitter.com/rapsheet/status/973719863104626689?s=21

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Jolly Red Giant

Cardinals doubling down for Bradford's next injury - signing Mike Glennon

So the Jets and the Cards have now signed two QBs each - the Bills are the odd ones out (they will probably try to jump to 1.3)

This could have a big draft shakeout.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭gerryfed

Still no team for McCarron either! Would have presumed he'd get a shot at a starting job. Maybe the Bills pair him with a rookie? Agree on the above on Bradford, doesn't make a lot of sense to me. They're a fair few players off competing, one year Bradford deal feels now like a 'win now' move, but outside Larry Fitz, it doesn't make a lot of sense to me

• Registered Users Posts: 3,636 ✭✭✭phatkev

Foxtrol wrote: »
    Is Bridgewater confirmed? Unlike the Cardinals, I wouldn't say taking both of these guys and possibly even drafting a QB in the 1st if one they like falls would be the worse move. They actually have a tonne of cap space to play with and if they sign Bridgewater to a reasonable contract with the option for extension to say 4 years then he could have great trade value if he proves his fitness.

They need to do this imo, McCown is only a season long deal and you would be foolish to pin your future on Bridgewater giving his injury history

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Dion Lewis to the Titans for a 4 year deal, 20 million + another 3 million in possible incentives

• Registered Users Posts: 3,116 ✭✭✭letowski

I don't know if this tweet if more suitable for the draft thread, but the Browns are signing Carlos Hyde. Possible draft implications on where Saqoun Barkley lands, maybe.

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/973886706809233408

• Registered Users Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

I've always liked Hyde too. Solid pickup at 5m, imo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Jolly Red Giant

letowski wrote: »
    I don't know if this tweet if more suitable for the draft thread, but the Browns are signing Carlos Hyde. Possible draft implications on where Saqoun Barkley lands, maybe.

It likely means that the Browns take a QB with 1.1 - and it likely means that the Giants take Barkley at 1.2 - then there will be a mad scramble from Bills, Cards, Jets to jump to 1.3 and 1.4 (and 1.5).

At this stage I wouldn't be surprised to see the Broncos take Chubb at 1.5 - putting him opposite Miller would have every QB ******* their pants.

It likely means that the Browns take a QB with 1.1 - and it likely means that the Giants take Barkley at 1.2 - then there will be a mad scramble from Bills, Cards, Jets to jump to 1.3 and 1.4 (and 1.5).

At this stage I wouldn't be surprised to see the Broncos take Chubb at 1.5 - putting him opposite Miller would have every QB ******* their pants.

Giants missed out on Norwell, lost Richburg, and may still lose Pugh on an already questionable OL. Can see them needing to take Nelson unless they can bolster it to a reasonable level elsewhere prior to the draft. Without it Barkley could easily end up wasting away like recent Giants RBs.

Still leaves the same situation with Chubb falling

• Registered Users Posts: 8,040 ✭✭✭Guffy

Knex. wrote: »
    I've always liked Hyde too. Solid pickup at 5m, imo.

Delighted, puys an end to the barkley 1 overall nonsense

49ers sign McKinnon to a 4 year $30m deal to make him one of the top paid RBs on an average per year basis. Given the normal 49ers contract negotiations he will likely need to be elected President to make that much but still more than what Hyde will get at the Browns. Despite the potential cost I’m excited to see what Shanahan can do with him. He is the extremely explosive type athlete that he loves, though hasn’t really showed it in his gameplay in the NFL.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

I've seen a good deal of McKinnon because I love watching the Vikings defense play, he's a solid player who can do things but $30mn sounds a bit mental to me and I think part of his success last year was Zimmer's system... personally I'd have rather kept Hyde.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,674 ✭✭✭nerd69

Eagles resign bradham that's the majority of starters coming back now good stuff

Billy86 wrote: »
    I've seen a good deal of McKinnon because I love watching the Vikings defense play, he's a solid player who can do things but $30mn sounds a bit mental to me and I think part of his success last year was Zimmer's system... personally I'd have rather kept Hyde.

Not sure about Zimmer’s system but I think he’s a better fit for Shanahan’s than Hyde. Better in the passing game, much better blocker, generally more explosive, and apparently has more experience in running zone scheme. Despite the likely contract stipulations, the cost is pretty high but with all the cap space I’d rather them pay slightly over the odds for a guy they really wanted.

Foxtrol wrote: »
    Giants missed out on Norwell, lost Richburg, and may still lose Pugh on an already questionable OL. Can see them needing to take Nelson unless they can bolster it to a reasonable level elsewhere prior to the draft. Without it Barkley could easily end up wasting away like recent Giants RBs.

Still leaves the same situation with Chubb falling

Just saw this. Big contract for Nate.

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/973936848228749313

letowski wrote: »
    Just saw this. Big contract for Nate.

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/973936848228749313

Big pay day. They’ll still likely need help in their interior, Nelson is an OG, but it is apparently a pretty deep class there so maybe they wait. Still don’t think they’ll take Barkley, more likely trade back if not Nelson.

I'd be very surprised if Giants don't take a QB at 2, tbh.

• Advertisement

Foxtrol wrote:
    Big pay day. They’ll still likely need help in their interior, Nelson is an OG, but it is apparently a pretty deep class there so maybe they wait. Still don’t think they’ll take Barkley, more likely trade back if not Nelson.

Yeah, I think they take a QB at the end of the day. Billy Price C would be a good choice in Round 2 to replace Richburg.

We have Brett Jones, who we slapped a 2nd round tender on earlier, to play center. He came in for Richburg last year and played well. Better than Richburg had done in a year, tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,627 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Happy new league year eve to all. In just over three hours(because of the time changes in the USA) we will have a brand new and shiny league year where every team is 0-0-0 and enthusiasm is sky high. The NFL off and regular and post seasons will beat that enthusiasm and hope of out us fans at some point.

Apparently Eagles are shopping Kendricks (again).

I'd happily take him at the Giants, and can't see it costing much. 5th rounder, max, you would think.

He has a $7.6m cap hit for the eagles, but 3.2 of that is dead cap for the Eagles if he's cut/traded. Means Giants, or any team that trade for him, would be on the hook for $4.4M, not $7.6M.

Receiving team would essentially have Kendrick as a 2 yr $13M deal, which with the Giants current roster, and move to 3-4 defense, I think would be smart business.

Double down on my post above with this contract

https://twitter.com/TomPelissero/status/973966154845716480

Interesting to see if a team takes a run at Meredith or Fuller from the Bears. Having spent so much money in FA they may not have too much cap set aside to deal with offers they might get.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,851 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

Honey Badger released by Arizona

• Registered Users Posts: 3,636 ✭✭✭phatkev

paulie21 wrote: »

lets go Todd Bowles, make them connections count!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

paulie21 wrote: »

I reckon a lot of teams will be fighting to sign him now. I know I'd love him as a Redskin.

• Advertisement

"The Falcons are hoping to sign quarterback Matt Ryan to a contract extension that will likely be six years and in the $180-190 million range."

https://www.myajc.com/sports/football/falcons-are-not-enamored-with-free-agent-class-will-focus-few-needs-draft/WhfUu8byJL7BpuhwueeUvK/

Oh lawdy, that will be some contract.

Advertisement