Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2018 NFL Offseason Trades and Free Agent News

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,636 ✭✭✭phatkev

I reckon a lot of teams will be fighting to sign him now. I know I'd love him as a Redskin.

what are your thoughts on Spencer Long. Jets signed him up, but I havent seen much of him

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

phatkev wrote: »
    what are your thoughts on Spencer Long. Jets signed him up, but I havent seen much of him

Average, run of the mill lineman in my opinion. Not bad but not a star either.

The Redskins line has been a bit funny the past couple of years. Great at protecting the QB but the running game has been very poor, which I think is more on the line as opposed to the RB. But I'm sure others will differ. There never seems to be much in way of a hole opened up. But that's a collective issue as opposed to one player.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,636 ✭✭✭phatkev

Average

automatic upgrade at the position so

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,653 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Knex. wrote: »
    "The Falcons are hoping to sign quarterback Matt Ryan to a contract extension that will likely be six years and in the $180-190 million range."

https://www.myajc.com/sports/football/falcons-are-not-enamored-with-free-agent-class-will-focus-few-needs-draft/WhfUu8byJL7BpuhwueeUvK/

Oh lawdy, that will be some contract.

Jesus. How many years will that be

• Registered Users Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Jesus. How many years will that be

6 years @ 31m a year, if they're accurate. Guaranteed money will be the biggest deal, considering Cousins got a fully guaranteed 3 year deal.

The market is about to go mad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,101 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

paulie21 wrote: »
    Honey Badger released by Arizona

Despite him not quite being the player he was this makes the signing of Bradford even more idiotic. He’ll probably now end up on more money from FA than his Cardinals contract was. How could they expect him to take a pay cut so the team could overpay on a sicknote QB?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭TOss Sweep

Foxtrol wrote: »
    Despite him not quite being the player he was this makes the signing of Bradford even more idiotic. He’ll probably now end up on more money from FA than his Cardinals contract was. How could they expect him to take a pay cut so the team could overpay on a sicknote QB?

Now I take back everything I said the Cardinals are as dumb as a pile of rocks. Its mad the Arizona local beat writers are going crazy over it because their insiders said it was going well and the Cardinals decided fook it not worth any more effort and released him.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭mikemac2

Joe Thomas retires

You may say just as the Browns are making some exciting moves but well he’s probably seen a lot of false dawns.

His podcast with Andrew Hawkins called Thomohawk is excellent, check it out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Was probably inevitable. Shame for him if they get goods now though.

https://twitter.com/NFLonFOX/status/973983145518247936

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Jolly Red Giant

Knex. wrote: »
    The market is about to go mad.
    It already has - there is some crazy money being thrown at some very average players.

• Advertisement

Broncos have signed former Viking Tramaine Brock, CB, to a 1 year - $4million deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,691 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

So it seems Dez Bryant's future with the cowboys isn't all sunshine and rainbows. It seems money is the issue and he doesnt rank high in the league for WRs.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,101 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

Foxtrol wrote: »
    49ers sign McKinnon to a 4 year $30m deal to make him one of the top paid RBs on an average per year basis. Given the normal 49ers contract negotiations he will likely need to be elected President to make that much but still more than what Hyde will get at the Browns. Despite the potential cost I’m excited to see what Shanahan can do with him. He is the extremely explosive type athlete that he loves, though hasn’t really showed it in his gameplay in the NFL.

As expected, the McKinnon contract isn’t near as bad as it first seemed at the quoted $30m.

He’s expensive the first year (presumably purposefully front loaded like most of the 49er contracts), with most of that basically guaranteed, but from then on it is a team option to let him go each year at no cost. His cost against the cap will be $10.5m in 2018 and dropping to $4.5 for 2019 before settling around $7m for the final two years.

Like the move given his potential upside and the abundance of cap space to take a gamble on him.

Give me an OG and a CB depth signing and I'll be happy with the 49er business. Obviously wouldn't say no to a surprise like Honeybadger, Nelson, or one of the TEs.

Trevor siemian is heading to the Vikings.

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Trevor siemian is heading to the Vikings.

Decent enough back-up. No brainer for the Broncos (he was due a bounce in pay) - and if the compo is anything above a seventh rounder then that's a plus.

Siemian and Broncos 7th round in 2018 for a Vikings 5th round in 2019.

Tom savage is signing with the saints.

Former Raider - T.J. Carrie, CB, going to Cleveland on a 4-year, $31m deal with $10million signing bonus.

I can see why the Broncos signed Tramaine Brock instead of Carrie.

Broncos signing former Saint - Delvin Breaux, CB (if he passes a medical/physical today).

• Registered Users Posts: 9,829 ✭✭✭nerd69

Haloti ngata to the eagles pending a physical

Anyone know has he much left in the tank?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,328 ✭✭✭the baby bull elephant

nerd69 wrote: »
    Haloti ngata to the eagles pending a physical

Anyone know has he much left in the tank?

Was playing well before injury last year.

Has been injured a fair bit the past two years though. Probably will be good with the Eagles deep rotation.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,653 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Mike Pouncey requested and granted his release from Miami

Mike Pouncey requested and granted his release from Miami

It looks like Miami are in absolute freefall - cutting players to free up cap space and then bring in the likes of Quinn etc. - the approach seems to be chaotic.

Denver Broncos Von Miller, LB, has restructured his contract - freeing up over £12million in cap space.

Miller was due to cost $21million against the cap this year - all bar $1.6million was converted into a signing bonus cutting the cap hit this year. It will increase Miller's cap hit for the remaining three years of the contract by approx $5million a year (cap hit in 2019 will be $25million)

Case Keenum has agreed a two year deal with $14million signing bonus and $11million base salary each year. The signing bonus and first year salary ($25million) are guaranteed.

Looks like Jordy Nelson is going to end up with the Raiders

Dontari Poe, DT, to Panthers - 3 years - $27million

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Diarmuid1995

Dontari Poe, DT, to Panthers - 3 years - $27million

Interesting considering starting safety is mike adams age 36 and released Kurt Coleman earlier in off season.
    Adding Poe to Kawann Short makes one hell of an interior D-line though

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Diarmuid1995

Meanwhile Cousins to the vikes 28mil per year for three years confirmed, FULLY GUARANTEED.

Anyone else remember when RG3 went down and for a while it looked like Colt McCoy was a better option for the redskins?

Meanwhile Cousins to the vikes 28mil per year for three years confirmed, FULLY GUARANTEED.

Anyone else remember when RG3 went down and for a while it looked like Colt McCoy was a better option for the redskins?

Snyder wanted RG3 - Mike Shanahan's pick that year was Kirk Cousins.

• Advertisement

Michael Crabtree released by the Raiders.

Advertisement