Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2018 NFL Offseason Trades and Free Agent News

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39,682 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

phatkev wrote: »
    God help Russel Wilson!!

Well he thinks god does help him. Or is it that special water ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,328 ✭✭✭the baby bull elephant

Foxtrol wrote: »
    He was just cut from a team where he was one of their best players, leaving them with significant dead money in the process, and claims that the reason for doing so was the team needed a ‘culture change’ in the locker room. That would raise character questions for me.

The same team, have gotten rid of other senior players such as Ajayi and Landy. Both have some sense to them but the team is clearly getting rid of their big name players.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,589 ✭✭✭Tristram

The same team, have gotten rid of other senior players such as Ajayi and Landy. Both have some sense to them but the team is clearly getting rid of their big name players.

They must have hired Jeter as a special adviser!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

And a team whose coach gave his mate $10m last year to play QB despite said QB clearly having no real desire to play any more.

If there is a culture change necessary, I’d suggest it should be from the top down.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,101 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

‘Big name’ and ‘senior players’ are two very different things.

I’d be in full agreement with a top down change in culture with the Dolphins but you’d still have to question why these players were moved on. Some players have the character to thrive, or at least survive, in any locker room where others can’t. The latter would put questions for me on their character, where you have to make sure your locker room is the right fit for them.

From the outside it looks like Ajayi needed a stronger locker room, Landry was kicking up a fuss to be paid, and Suh couldn’t/wouldn’t fit the leadership role that his age/salary demanded so I think each player ended up in a better position due to the moves and we can wait and see if the Dolphins also did.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Jolly Red Giant

Rdskins trade Su'a Cravens, S, to the Broncos.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭mikemac2

RGIII to the Ravens on a one year deal

I didn’t see this coming

Ryan Mallett is a free agent so there is a open spot for second string

I think Josh Woodrum who has bounced around seven teams but played well last preseason in Baltimore will get a chance to compete too. Everyone loves the undrafted QB

• Registered Users Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Chances of RGIII starting a game next year?

Zero I’d say

Though you’ll find plenty of fans frustrated with Flacco I can’t see him being benched

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Jordan Howard has deleted all Bears related photos from his Instagram. Trade in the works?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭D9Male

It mightn't be intentional. He probably dropped his phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭Megager

D9Male wrote: »
    It mightn't be intentional. He probably dropped his phone.

😂😂😂

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭TOss Sweep

Pats sign Jordan Matthews 1yr deal

• Registered Users Posts: 9,826 ✭✭✭nerd69

miss him but man his hands are going to break your heart. I'm shocked he was still available tbh

Broncos sign Marquette King, P, to a three year deal after he was cut by the Raiders.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Broncos sign Marquette King, P, to a three year deal after he was cut by the Raiders.

What’s punting like in Denver with the thin air? Do they go further like baseballs fly out of Coors Field?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭MileHighGuy

What’s punting like in Denver with the thin air? Do they go further like baseballs fly out of Coors Field?

You would think so, and they should have better hang time, but the Broncos have not had a great tradition of punters exactly, so it can't have too much of an effect, compared to say, kickers/kicking, where there (I won't say routinely) have been several of the longest FG in NFL history.

Strange that they gave up on Riley Dixon, he was lauded (as much as punters can be i suppose) coming out of college, and I had just read an (advanced stats) article which had him rated quite highly. The entire special teams unit was pretty attrocious last year though.

Strange that they gave up on Riley Dixon, he was lauded (as much as punters can be i suppose) coming out of college, and I had just read an (advanced stats) article which had him rated quite highly. The entire special teams unit was pretty attrocious last year though.

Dixon was decent two years ago - but was brutal last season, short punts, poor hang time and poor at getting the ball inside the 20.

King is a major upgrade.

nerd69 wrote: »
    miss him but man his hands are going to break your heart. I'm shocked he was still available tbh

Cheap deal so wont put much stock in him until he starts actually catching footballs. One of those guys with bags of potential when he is not dropping footballs all over the place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

You never know, he cleaned it up a lot quicker but Davante Adams had that problem in his first two years or so but has since come on leaps and bounds to be a really solid #1 WR.

• Advertisement

Looks like Marquette King gave the Broncos a big discount just so he could stick it to Gruden and the Raiders.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

How much can a punter really stick it to another team though. I'm sure the Raiders will be dreading coming up against him.

"Oh no. Your offense just went three and out. Please not King again"

And I say that as someone who genuinely enjoys watching punters.

Looks like Marquette King gave the Broncos a big discount just so he could stick it to Gruden and the Raiders.

How exactly is he sticking it to the Raiders? Raiders didn't want him anymore so I doubt they care where he goes. As Knew pointed out though he is a Punter hardly in a position to stick it to anyone. Might pin them in their own redzone a few times but that is about it.

It's a fair point, as a punter you'd want to be Shane Lechler, Andy Lee or Johnny Hekker in today's league to be able to 'stick it' to a team.

TOss Sweep wrote: »
    How exactly is he sticking it to the Raiders? Raiders didn't want him anymore so I doubt they care where he goes. As Knew pointed out though he is a Punter hardly in a position to stick it to anyone. Might pin them in their own redzone a few times but that is about it.

Gruden cut King for 'personality issues' without ever having met him - King is pissed and said he wants revenge - the Broncos got him at a salary that places him at 19th among punters.

Who knows what impact he will have - but he is a major upgraðe for the Broncos at STs, which sucked for the Broncos last season.

Gruden cut King for 'personality issues' without ever having met him - King is pissed and said he wants revenge - the Broncos got him at a salary that places him at 19th among punters.

Who knows what impact he will have - but he is a major upgraðe for the Broncos at STs, which sucked for the Broncos last season.

Exactly Gruden didn't want him so why would he care what he does after he leaves. So what if he didn't meet him. What revenge exactly is a Punter going to get? He is hardly in a position to get revenge unless he is dropping absolute bombs on the 1 yard line every punt and pinning the Raiders deep every time when they face each other. Him getting a decent contract with the Broncos is hardly revenge seen as his previous team just didn't want him anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,860 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Who knows what impact he will have - but he is a major upgraor the Broncos at STs, which sucked for the Broncos last season.
    He might be an upgrade on last season but not on previous to that, you had Colquitt and you let him go which was very foolish imo.

Billy86 wrote: »
    It's a fair point, as a punter you'd want to be Shane Lechler, Andy Lee or Johnny Hekker in today's league to be able to 'stick it' to a team.

Sam Koch is better than any of these ;) ^^^^

Koch's very good, would very much like him in GB, but he's not been all pro five years in a row like Hekker (four first team). :p

• Advertisement

eagle eye wrote: »
    He might be an upgrade on last season but not on previous to that, you had Colquitt and you let him go which was very foolish imo.

Apart from playing well in the play-offs during the SB winning season Colquitt had been average to poor for two and a half seasons (after he was given a big contract) - Dixon was better in 2016 than Colquitt had been for some time. The Broncos made this move because Dixon was bad last season.
    TOss Sweep wrote: »
    Him getting a decent contract with the Broncos is hardly revenge seen as his previous team just didn't want him anymore.

The Raiders paid Marquette King an average of almost $4million a year over the past two years - the Broncos are paying King $1.5million this year (ranking him the 19th punter in salary terms in the NFL).

Advertisement