Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2018 NFL Offseason Trades and Free Agent News

Options
  • 04-03-2018 11:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭

Best to have a thread so the wacky thread doesnt becomes a trade thread or the Cousins saga thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,049 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

Looking more likely that Allen Robinson will be let hit FA. Will have a lot of interest despite returning from injury.

Teams have until Tuesday to designate franchise tags and there are a number of the top guys yet to be tagged.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭D9Male

Rumours of Falcons making a move for Michael Bennett. The Seahawks are going through a big transition. They need a couple of good drafts, as their last few off-seasons haven't been good.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Double C

Cowboys officially tag Lawrence. Hopefully they get a long term deal sorted before the summer

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000919594/article/cowboys-place-franchise-tag-on-demarcus-lawrence

• Registered Users Posts: 3,116 ✭✭✭letowski

These are just rumours I read from Tony Pauline in draftanalyist.com.

Free-Agent News

As teams leave the combine, this is what most think will happen starting March 12:

- Just about everyone believes linebacker Anthony Hitchens will end up with the Indianapolis Colts.

- There is going to be a huge market for Dontari Poe, and there are a number of teams he could end up with.

- The belief is that Andrew Norwell to the New York Giants is a “done deal.”

- The same is being said about Kirk Cousins to the Minnesota Vikings- "done deal."

- Look for Weston Richburg, labeled as the top ZBS (zone-blocking scheme) center available, to be scooped off the free-agent market very quickly. As posted several times, the New York Jets will make a big pitch to Richburg.

- As previously posted last week, Trumaine Johnson is likely to end up with the San Francisco 49ers. The Oakland Raiders want Johnson but do not have the cap space the Niners do. I’m also told the Dallas Cowboys want to sign Johnson but, like the Raiders, their cap space is limited compared to San Francisco.

http://draftanalyst.com/combine-notes-day-7

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭cosatron

mo Wilkerson is in green bay. If's its a cheap 1 year prove it deal then I'm happy as he had his best production under Pettine so here's hoping that pettine can get him going. If it works out we could have a dline of clark, daniels and Wilkerson:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭peejay1986

cosatron wrote: »
    mo Wilkerson is in green bay. If's its a cheap 1 year prove it deal then I'm happy as he had his best production under Pettine so here's hoping that pettine can get him going. If it works out we could have a dline of clark, daniels and Wilkerson:eek:

Be interested to see what his demands are. Hopefully he's willing to take a cheap year in order to get his form back.

On the offense side, I'd love to see the Packers in for Graham but sadly it's not looking likely for a few reasons. He'd be a great option and would add a solely needed TE threat. A Saints return looks likely though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,636 ✭✭✭phatkev

peejay1986 wrote: »
    Be interested to see what his demands are. Hopefully he's willing to take a cheap year in order to get his form back.
    he doesn't have a whole lot of leverage to be making demands after his past 2 seasons

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭cosatron

peejay1986 wrote: »

On the offense side, I'd love to see the Packers in for Graham but sadly it's not looking likely for a few reasons. He'd be a great option and would add a solely needed TE threat. A Saints return looks likely though.
    We will pick up a TE is the second or third round as we will go for a edge rusher in the first round. I think the spend in FA depends on how they structure AR contract extension. Rurmours are that they are waiting on how much Cousins gets.

Foxtrol wrote: »
    Looking more likely that Allen Robinson will be let hit FA. Will have a lot of interest despite returning from injury.

Teams have until Tuesday to designate franchise tags and there are a number of the top guys yet to be tagged.

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/971048064029995008

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭TOss Sweep

Foxtrol wrote: »

He wont last long on the FA. Apparently Redskins already showing interest

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Man, Robinson is EXACTLY what the Ravens need to transform their receiving corps.

Unfortunately we have nowhere near enough space to get into a bidding war with anyone. :(

He’ll be some pick up for whoever gets him.

TOss Sweep wrote: »
    He wont last long on the FA. Apparently Redskins already showing interest

I'd say 49ers and Bears are the leading candidates. Possibility of the someone like the Panthers too.

Rams tag Joyner meaning Johnson and Watkins likely to hit FA (barring a possible last minute deal to keep the latter).

Bell tagged again.

That'll go down well! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭Megager

Watkins and Robinson to hit FA. Hopefully Bears get one, Robinson the clear preferable choice.

Sounds like it'll be another soap opera for Steelers and Bell. I think he is right to stick to his guns, given his workload, contribution to passing game.

Cousins looking like he's gonna be a Viking. Wonder what this means for Thielen/diggs....as a Thielen dynasty owner

Lots of rumours and tweets from Seahawks players making it look like Sherman has been traded or released

Sherman will end up with the Patriots approximately 4 seconds after being released.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,674 ✭✭✭nerd69

Thank god the eagles really needed more d-linemen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

What is SF's cap situation like?

Robinson only turns 24 about a week before the season, would surely be happy with Garopollo throwing him the ball, and giving Jimmy that extra option would put a lot of pressure off on the draft because as much as they were electric once he signed (and very dogged before at staying in games), the 49ers still have a number of holes that could use filling after the worst run of losing players in a 1-2 year span I think I've ever seen..

• Advertisement

Billy86 wrote: »
    What is SF's cap situation like?

Robinson only turns 24 about a week before the season, would surely be happy with Garopollo throwing him the ball, and giving Jimmy that extra option would put a lot of pressure off on the draft because as much as they were electric once he signed (and very dogged before at staying in games), the 49ers still have a number of holes that could use filling after the worst run of losing players in a 1-2 year span I think I've ever seen..

They had the most cap space of any team prior to Garoppolo signing his long-term deal. Even with this and other front-loaded contracts they still have over $60m for 2018.

WR isn’t the biggest need as Garoppolo did his work in the run in last season without their top WR (Garcon). I can’t see how they wouldn’t be interested in Robinson, but I don’t believe they’ll get into a crazy bidding war for him. I’m probably biased but out of the teams that are likely to have interest they would be the most attractive. Hopefully they can get to a deal.

Bigger team needs are interior OL, CB, Edge, with question marks over LB and RB. Can see them focusing on OG, CB, and RB in FA, with the rest and depth added in the draft. FA targets for each will likely be Sitton/Norwell, Johnson/Butler/Fuller, and Lewis/Crowell/re-signing Hyde.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

nerd69 wrote: »
    Thank god the eagles really needed more d-linemen

Isn't cap space a big issue in Philly now as well? Doubt Bennett is on peanuts.

Knex. wrote: »

Currently something like $15m over and that is before rookies etc. Looks like they're trying to either trade or release Curry who is due a lot but they'll need to clear out a few more.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭krustydoyle

Giants get Rams LB Alec Ogletree and Rams 7th round pick for a 4th and 6th round pick

• Registered Users Posts: 3,636 ✭✭✭phatkev

Giants get Rams LB Alec Ogletree and Rams 7th round pick for a 4th and 6th round pick

Thats a win for the Giants!

Knex. wrote: »

Seahawks pay his guarantee so he's getting 2.2 mill.

Cutting curry frees 5mill

Jesus NFC beast coming back with a vengeance after some bad years

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

phatkev wrote: »
    Thats a win for the Giants!

Definitely, Ogletree is quite underrated imo.

Billy86 wrote: »
    Definitely, Ogletree is quite underrated imo.

Is it possible to be both underrated and still overpaid?

I wonder if the Rams are up to something with the space they've now made. They have a number of key guys who need new contracts in the next few years so could start chipping away at those or take a run at some FA guys, maybe someone like Robinson if they don't re-sign Watkins with this cash.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,671 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

Advertisement