Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2018 NFL Offseason Trades and Free Agent News

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,646 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,646 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

• Registered Users Posts: 17,851 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

Sammy Watkins expected to sign with the Chiefs for 3 years and $48 million

• Registered Users Posts: 1,328 ✭✭✭the baby bull elephant

paulie21 wrote: »

Hill, Watkins, a good ground game and Mahomes arm strength should see some fun plays!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,674 ✭✭✭nerd69

Jesus that's a lot of money for Watkins Allen Robinson got screwed

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭conor222

It looks like overpaying to me, ill be very interested in seeing the details of the deal. If its bascally 10 a year plus high incentives (eg. 2 mil for all pro, 2 mill for >1000y/8td etc) then I'd be happy but we'll see.

that said, if I remove the money element I'm very excited for what this offence will look like next year, 4 verticals all day?
    Hunt, Hill, Watkins, Kelce, Conley with Robbinson to come in and spell the WR3 spot. fun :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭conor222

Apparently Chiefs also acquiring LB Anthony Hitchens as well, ballpark 9 mil/year

• Registered Users Posts: 15,189 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

nerd69 wrote: »
    Awesome pickup by the bears I think he's an upgrade over Alshon

I've forgotten what it feels like to reach the RZ and have a receiver talented to the point it doesn't matter that everyone in the stadium knows you are going to throw to him because he'll still win it. :(

Very happy to have Robinson and it looks to be a good deal for everyone. If it doesn't work out it's only a 3 year deal with around $25m guaranteed. If it does work out Robinson has another chance to get a big contract when he's 26/27.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,048 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

Norwell has agreed to join the Jags for 5 year $66.5m contract. I’d hoped they’d be making moves in the offseason to have a more varied attack but between this, re-signing Bortles, and letting Robinson go it looks like they’ll be even more committed to the run next year.

Slightly disappointed that the 49ers didn’t get him and one of Robinson or Watkins. Not too worried about OG, with there being still depth in FA and the draft. With WR, it wasn’t a massive need so I never thought they were going to overpay. We’ve learned that we must wait on the details of the contracts before judging, but at this stage both look like they may fall into that category (more so Watkins).

Trey Burton signing with the Bears also. 4 years/$32m.

Pace has landed his top WR target and top TE target so far. Burton and Shaheen..maaaan. So much potential there over the next few seasons. I'm chugging the kool aid and it's only March.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Dion Sims is a likely cut so. That would save 6m per Spotrac.
    Robinson signed for a little cheaper than Watkins.

I'm very happy so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,048 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

49ers sign Richberg from the Giants. Happy with the signing but didn’t expect him after re-signing Kilgore. Wonder if they move one to OG or Richberg becomes starter at C and Kilgore moves is cover. Agile guy that Shanahan likes and I’d hope much cheaper than Norwell.

Between this and missing out on Norwell the Giants look more and more likely to take Nelson or trade down to get picks to fill holes.

Cousins signing a fully guaranteed 3 year deal with the Vikings according to Schefter

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Fuckity fuckity fuck.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭cosatron

Billy86 wrote: »
    Fuckity fuckity fuck.

Rodgers is going to get paid :eek: any word on what cousins is getting

cosatron wrote: »
    Billy86 wrote: »
    Fuckity fuckity fuck.

Rodgers is going to get paid :eek: any word on what cousins is getting
    $86 million

$86 million

Fully guaranteed apparently

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭cosatron

$86 million

28.6m per year. Rodgers is going to want 30m a year now unless he takes a hometown discount which is unlikely. Hopefully it will be back loaded until we get a bit of restructuring done.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭TOss Sweep

Brees will expect to be earning more than Cousins and Jimmy G. Saints are going to have to pony up to keep him it seems

• Registered Users Posts: 7,709 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

TOss Sweep wrote: »
    Brees will expect to be earning more than Cousins and Jimmy G. Saints are going to have to pony up to keep him it seems

He's agreed a 2-year extension at $25 million per year.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭TOss Sweep

Mr. Guappa wrote: »
    He's agreed a 2-year extension at $25 million per year.

Damn didn't even see that. Mad to think he is earning less than Cousins and Jimmy G

cosatron wrote: »
    28.6m per year. Rodgers is going to want 30m a year now unless he takes a hometown discount which is unlikely.

A-rod doesn't have the burden of taking care of his family financially like most other QBs do so perhaps he will accept less.

Oat23 wrote: »
    A-rod doesn't have the burden of taking care of his family financially like most other QBs do so perhaps he will accept less.

Rogers does not have the luxury of trusting his front office to spend the money wisely

• Registered Users Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Lions fans must be happy with getting Stafford's deal done last year when they see a deal like that.

First fully guaranteed contract in the NFL, highest ever average per year, and he's the third best QB in the Division.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭mikemac2

Ravens cut or about to cut
    Danny Woodhead RB
    Austin Howard OT
    Lardarius Webb DB

I’ll miss Webb :(
    Had a nine year career in Baltimore and for a three year spell was our best defensive back and arguably our best defensive player. That was a number of years ago and today is a backup safety

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Jolly Red Giant

Bradford to Arizona - 1 year $20million with $15m guaranteed

The QB stakes are going ballistic - and the Cards will still have to try and trade up to get a QB to replace Bradford

• Registered Users Posts: 1,328 ✭✭✭the baby bull elephant

Knex. wrote: »
    Lions fans must be happy with getting Stafford's deal done last year when they see a deal like that.

First fully guaranteed contract in the NFL, highest ever average per year, and he's the third best QB in the Division.

Yep tends to be the standard with these big deals, everyone flips out for a bit and then the next big name signs their contract.

Only one I can think of that still looks bad (not that I ever thought Stafford's did) is Flacco's.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Bradford to Arizona - 1 year $20million with $15m guaranteed

Very interested in seeing how he gets on. I still believe Bradford has bags of talent.

• Advertisement

Knex. wrote: »
    Very interested in seeing how he gets on. I still believe Bradford has bags of talent.

if he wasn't as fragile as a china doll

Advertisement