Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Severe Weather Snow / Ice Weds 28 FEB ( Onwards ) ** READ MOD NOTE POST#1**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,678 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Tips of emma starting to show up off the south coast?

sftTgfK.png

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

Rathcormac to Tallow have nothing either
    Nor Mallow, Dromahane, Doneraile, Bweeng, Kanturk, Glantane, Lombardstown, Castlemagner etc..

• Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭leavingirl

Complete non event in limerick, quite a few reps are sending letters to our local politions about the situation with the nation wide red alert.

All the banks were closed in co. Limerick today. A national embarresment once again.
    Not a flake of snow has fallen.

Celebrity female weather forecasters too busy updating their twitter feed perhaps? How can they pay the attention to detail required to give the taxpayers an accurate forecast...

• Registered Users Posts: 18,465 ✭✭✭✭kippy

Kamili wrote: »
    Its been a non event in some locations, when will people accept this and stop attacking posters for stating what they see?
    What's been a non event?

• Registered Users Posts: 870 ✭✭✭Sofa King Great

Its been a non event in some locations, when will people accept this and stop attacking posters for stating what they see?
    Because the event has not happened yet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 694 ✭✭✭jackrussel

Would anybody be so kind to provide some technical info on possible reasons why inland areas such as where I am received little to no snow at all?

Is it simply because of the distance from the east coast, in a ENE direction?

there wasn't a whole lot in aherlow on the other side of the mountains either

• Registered Users Posts: 9,396 ✭✭✭irishgeo

I have never seen such a bunch of adults behaving like children in my life. it hasnt snowed here , when its due to arrive, its warmed up , its melting. its over already.
    No wonder you need a technical thread so serious people can discuss the actual charts without a bunch grown adults chuck toys out of their prams.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 777 ✭✭✭Skedaddle

The timings I was looking at earlier were for this to be in Cork City at around 7pm.
    Winter is coming!

• Registered Users Posts: 510 ✭✭✭gerrybhoy

Bugger all happening.
    You been in Fritzels cellar the past few days?

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭kittyn

Yes I have read the forecasts - the 15cm - 20cm forecasts haven't happened over the last 48 hours here at all, with about 6cm being the most we got here.

We've not gotten the snow other areas have in the east by far!

Here in my location I currently have 12cm's......... :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 977 ✭✭✭revelman

I’ll think I stop watching this thread for a few hours so I can avoid engaging the people who think they can judge a day long storm hours before it happens.

Maybe a new thread for people who have something to report?

Hear hear. I'm interested in knowing what is actually going on e.g. do we have anyone in Wexford seeing any significant changes right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭brianblaze

Bugger all happening.
    OhubCv3.png

https://www.netweather.tv/live-weather/radar

Oh it's coming

• Registered Users Posts: 5,022 ✭✭✭jamesbere

Tips of emma starting to show up off the south coast?

sftTgfK.png

I have to admit i did think that said tits :D

• Registered Users Posts: 29,294 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Very grey outside in Sligo. Other than that, not a lot happening yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,826 ✭✭✭appledrop

pathetic attempts to "snow" here in D16. Definate thaw in the last few hours. Way more lying snow yesterday. some blades of grass are starting to peep through in places again.

I know I've said it before but totally underwhelmed and fed up up to this point. major let down so far.

Well it has been snowing all day in North County Dublin so not non event here. We have been stuck in doors all day due to wind + snow. Dreading more snow + wind is already very strong. Count yourself lucky if calm where you live.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭BLIZZARD7

kittyn wrote: »
    Here in my location I currently have 12cm's......... :confused:

Yeah between 8-12cm here in D14 on the grass too depending on where it's drifted a bit, currently light to moderate snow, looks to be picking up now.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Snowing since 8 this morning and has not stopped once and been breezy.

Getting slowly worse and I just noticed this.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,201 ✭✭✭bobbysands81

revelman wrote: »
    Hear hear. I'm interested in knowing what is actually going on e.g. do we have anyone in Wexford seeing any significant changes right now.

Wind deffo picked up, been snowing for last couple of hours but very light and almost seems like it’s the same snow being blown around. Deffo deteriorated in last 20 mins or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭MajesticDonkey

It appears I underestimated the amount of places that got hardly any snow. Ignore me :D

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,783 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Tips of emma....

Had to read that twice....thought I was going to see something else in the image. :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭Awwwwfook

Would anybody be so kind to provide some technical info on possible reasons why inland areas such as where I am received little to no snow at all?

4xs3BiY.jpg

Is it simply because of the distance from the east coast, in a ENE direction?

I'm not too far from you and only flurries here too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 207 ✭✭clownface95

jamesbere wrote: »
    Why, the worst hasn't even hit yet. I think numerous poster have been showing the track of storm emma for the last few hours. It's clear it wont hit ireland for another couple of hours.

Allot of elderly people could not access the pharmacy’s today due to it. It has been clear sky’s most of the day, incredible to see such important services closed. They need to evaluate the national alert procedure in the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭rubbledoubledo

leavingirl wrote: »
    All the banks were closed in co. Limerick today. A national embarresment once again.
    Not a flake of snow has fallen.

Celebrity female weather forecasters too busy updating their twitter feed perhaps? How can they pay the attention to detail required to give the taxpayers an accurate forecast...

A bit of a joke ok.
    Just a cold day here in Limerick

• Registered Users Posts: 4,678 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

DOCARCH wrote: »
    Had to read that twice....thought I was going to see something else in the image. :P

second person to say that! :pac::pac::p:p:p

• Registered Users Posts: 9,922 ✭✭✭spookwoman

Seems to be hovering around Ballyteige Burrows co wexford. No real change in waterford

• Registered Users Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭Kaisr Sose

jmorrisey wrote: »
    Mad stuff! Where about was that??

Not related...
    Just out for a short walk and two pubs and Centra all open in Stepaside (as of 15min ago). Step Inn looked busy enough inside. I pity the staff that have to work because the owner won’t heed the weather warning and close.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭CHealy

How can it be a non event in some locations when it hasnt even hit Ireland yet? Do you understand what you're looking for?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭irelandspurs

Going to have an avalanche from the shed roof shortly

• Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

I'm trying to decide if what's hitting my window is very very light snow or sleet.

It's going upwards with the wind so I think the first description just about does the trick.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 510 ✭✭✭gerrybhoy

DOCARCH wrote: »
    gutted myself I though I was getting a pic of some bird called Emma's thruppeny bits

Advertisement