Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Severe Weather Snow / Ice Weds 28 FEB ( Onwards ) ** READ MOD NOTE POST#1**

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 207 ✭✭clownface95

Complete non event in limerick, quite a few reps are sending letters to our local politions about the situation with the nation wide red alert.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭policy75

Derek O Hartigan,'weather forcaster' TV3. What a rwit. Might have been better if he read the boards.ie technical thread rather than looking out the window

• Registered Users Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭Artane2002

Still snowing in Dublin 5...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,434 ✭✭✭fepper

Amprodude wrote: »
    I reckon this is being hyped up to the last with storm Emma. West Munster got no snow and if things are to be bad snow would be falling well in advance of now in these areas. It's bad in kildare and east of country but nothing down here and can't see it coming now either. I will launch my bets for paddy power for no snow tomorrow.

In fairness the south and east were getting the brunt of the snow as predicted,most of Kerry is on the west side and we get the storms and rain frequently so we are due some reprieve at this stage from further wintery weather

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Nervous times ahead for anyone growing cannabis in the attic! :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭Devilman40k

Hasn't stopped snowing in Mullingar since 10am - and the worst hasn't hit yet

• Registered Users Posts: 16,668 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Clonmel is a non event, I see alot of local businesses being annoyed that a red alert was issued.

Things may change during the evening and night but a let down so far. At the same time though the lack of severe weather is a plus for many reasons.

• Registered Users Posts: 510 ✭✭✭gerrybhoy

Kamili wrote: »
    It is thawing, icicles have formed in places.
    It's thawing but icicles are forming ffs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭patneve2

Will only judge this cold spell once it all clears up in 24-48 hours (blizzard is still a few hours away). So far the convective event has been a slight let down for me even though I always knew that +10cm accumulations are very hard to come by with such strong winds and only marginally favourable wind bearings. The temperatures coupled with very strong onshore winds have been remarkable though imby.

Tonight should only really kick off in Dublin after 10 pm I think. Peak around sunrise tomorrow? Also may turn slightly marginal on exposed coasts if the precip continues tomorrow (hopefully it will arrive in the first place!), but before that all snow right down to the coast even with temps sometimes a bit above zero.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Kamili

murpho999 wrote: »
    Have you looked at any forecasts, the storm will hit this evening and tonight.

Why are you expecting it to be snowing now?

Yes I have read the forecasts - the 15cm - 20cm forecasts haven't happened over the last 48 hours here at all, with about 6cm being the most we got here.

We've not gotten the snow other areas have in the east by far!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,322 ✭✭✭m17

The m18 at coldwood Co Galway 01/03/18IMAG11008_zpskhn1bz8b.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭moeblogs

443836.png
    Hope this helps..
    i must be thick, but whats wrong with this photo?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭CHealy

If people keep calling it a non event before it even reaches this island im going to have to crash out of this thread. Cop on will ye, take a look at one of the million radars posted.

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭gimpotronitus

ofcork wrote: »
    Stopped snowing northside cork city is this going to happen at all?

No. Looks like the blizzard will blow all the snow into the Atlantic. Oh well.

Would anybody be so kind to provide some technical info on possible reasons why inland areas such as where I am received little to no snow at all?

4xs3BiY.jpg

Is it simply because of the distance from the east coast, in a ENE direction?

Rathcormac to Tallow have nothing either

• Registered Users Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭Pa ElGrande

Net Zero means we are paying for the destruction of our economy and society in pursuit of an unachievable and pointless policy.

• Registered Users Posts: 977 ✭✭✭revelman

Kilkenny is thawing , no snow on trees here now. It's impossible to believe anything dramatic is going to change.

You should give Evelyn a buzz and tell her.

CHealy wrote: »
    If people keep calling it a non event before it even reaches this island im going to have to crash out of this thread. Cop on will ye, take a look at one of the million radars posted.
    stop talking sense will ye

• Closed Accounts Posts: 777 ✭✭✭Skedaddle

The wind in Cork City has picked up a little. I'm seeing / feeling noticeable gusts now.
    It's still nothing in anyway dramatic, but the trees are starting to sway and move a bit whereas it had been rather still until now.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭jdcv94

Heavy Snow and Winds now in North Wexford. Visibility extremely poor. This is it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,070 ✭✭✭Franz Von Peppercorn

I’ll think I stop watching this thread for a few hours so I can avoid engaging the people who think they can judge a day long storm hours before it happens.

Maybe a new thread for people who have something to report?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,441 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Kamili wrote: »
    Yes I have read the forecasts - the 15cm - 20cm forecasts haven't happened over the last 48 hours here at all, with about 6cm being the most we got here.

We've not gotten the snow other areas have in the east by far!

There was no forecast of 15-20cm for the last 24 hours so I don't know what you're getting at.

It's all been forecast for tonight and tomorrow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,070 ✭✭✭Franz Von Peppercorn

jdcv94 wrote: »
    Heavy Snow and Winds now in North Wexford. Visibility extremely poor. This is it.

That’s the actual storm, yes.

Artane2002 wrote: »
    Still snowing in Dublin 5...
    Not stopped in D15 all day

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭garyha

Just out on a walk the last 30 mins north Dublin. Definitely a lot chillier and windy and darker skies

I'm unsure if it will be snow or rain later though, seems on a knife edge

No knife edge, it'll snow

• Registered Users Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Kamili

CHealy wrote: »

Its been a non event in some locations, when will people accept this and stop attacking posters for stating what they see?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,244 ✭✭✭Cody montana

Bugger all happening.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,022 ✭✭✭jamesbere

Complete non event in limerick, quite a few reps are sending letters to our local politions about the situation with the nation wide red alert.

Why, the worst hasn't even hit yet. I think numerous poster have been showing the track of storm emma for the last few hours. It's clear it wont hit ireland for another couple of hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,307 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

Bit of a lull here in D3, still gusty but zero snowfall for a while now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 870 ✭✭✭Sofa King Great

I have been following the thread closely over the last week. On sunday/Monday people were giving out that it wasn't going to snow at all as it wasn't snowing at that moment. The forecast was saying Tuesday night - it snowed Tuesday night.

Now people are aaying it is a non event as the impact of emma has jot hit - it is forecast to hit later this evening.

Did people honestly expect the snow to start at 4:01?!

Advertisement