Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Severe Weather Snow / Ice Weds 28 FEB ( Onwards ) ** READ MOD NOTE POST#1**

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,174 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

Is it just me or does that storm appear to be heading north to Britain?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭d'Oracle

spookwoman wrote: »
    Dont know where the pub is could be city or town centre, I also don't know where the employees or patrons live or how long they plan on staying. That's they I am not giving out about them. My local is 5 min walk and would be for nearly every one of the people who drink in here. Another local is say 20 mins walks away. I've been in the UK when its -19 walked 5 miles into town for a pub or whatever and walked back home.

The towns in south Laois aren't big.

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭smodgley

Anybody from wexford care to comment? Looks like you are now getting the advance precipitation from Emma.

Snowing away goodo here, has been most of the day

• Registered Users Posts: 8,533 ✭✭✭Speak Now

Nasty evening in Waterford now. Driving Ice pellets and strengthening winds whipping up the lying snow. Plenty drifting tonight if temps stay on the right side.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,891 ✭✭✭prinzeugen

Kamili wrote: »
    pathetic attempts to "snow" here in D16. Definate thaw in the last few hours. Way more lying snow yesterday. some blades of grass are starting to peep through in places again.

I know I've said it before but totally underwhelmed and fed up up to this point. major let down so far.

Its not a thaw. The powdery snow is getting blown away.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭caviardreams

Some serious wind here in South Country Dublin now.

In fairness to Tv3, at least the coverage is better than Daithi and Maura for those of us in Saorview-land. And yer one getting hit with the snowballs was pretty sound about it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭jo06555

Latest radar showing it heading past wexford towards waterford? ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,426 ✭✭✭ZX7R

Temperature rising at an alarming rate now. Up to -0.3c. I'm expecting rain.
    The model discussion thread is stuck on page 82 for me so can't post in it?

Associated warm air before the front, a slightly warm sector, has happened a couple of times today, don't worry

Dew points still seem ok though??

pointrosee_uk_hzn2.png

• Registered Users Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Kamili

FFS the storm hasn’t arrived yet.

did you read all of my post? obviously not - I said SO FAR

No need to swear or be rude.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭Bio Mech

You’re a terrible pessimist

• Registered Users Posts: 6,065 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

FFS the storm hasn’t arrived yet.
    If it's not cold enough it will RAIN.
    You’re a terrible pessimist
    Believe me, I've seen it all. 1987 - the temperature shot up unexpectedly.
    Night of Jan 9-10 2010 - the temperature shot up unexpectedly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭Lucreto

10 hours of continuous snowfall in Naas, I have an ACCA exam Wednesday and I spent most of today staring out the window.

I gave in and went on a 90 minute walk in the blizzard conditions to get it out of my system. Best experience ever!

If Emma doesn't deliver I am happy with what we got. Hopefully we won't have to wait another 8 years for another event.

wakka12 wrote: »
    Im in same area and I don't think its a thaw..its -1 C and completely overcast, I think the wind is just so strong its blowing it off many surfaces and some areas look as though they have little snow now.

It is thawing, icicles have formed in places.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Yea I am on watch for that too---hopeful Hirlam has this picked...

It is actually fine at the moment, still Dps of -3

• Registered Users Posts: 977 ✭✭✭revelman

Wind speed has remained stable in the 5pm report from the Kinsale Gas Field but it will be interesting to see what 6pm brings. Wexford should start seeing some action soon. Devon, Cornwall and the Scilly Isles got a battering. Track Emma here: http://www.meteoradar.co.uk/realtime-rainradar#

• Registered Users Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭wakka12

It can snow in +1 - 1.5C can't it though?
    Anyway lets just wait and see before worrying..not too long to wait now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 778 ✭✭✭no.8

pathetic attempts to "snow" here in D16. Definate thaw in the last few hours. Way more lying snow yesterday. some blades of grass are starting to peep through in places again.

I know I've said it before but totally underwhelmed and fed up up to this point. major let down so far.

Ah the same person whinging about D16 being bypassed. I'm sorry but look at the technical weather thread and catch up the current status of the storm. It's very tiring for most of us reading these posts over and over....same as on Tuesday, just prior to the initial snow falls (YAWWWWWN).

• Registered Users Posts: 5,368 ✭✭✭ofcork

Stopped snowing northside cork city is this going to happen at all?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,070 ✭✭✭Franz Von Peppercorn

True but nobody is forecasting that. It can snow above 0c you know.

(That said Gaoth is predicting wet snow but not rain)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭bosco12345

Seems to me that northwest Leinster all the way down to South East cork has gotton the worst of the snow judging by the posts in boards. Surely we are on for record snowfall in some of these regions. South East Cavan right down to athlone mullingar kildare offaly and parts of cork are well above 25cm already. Virginia area definitely above 25cm already and still pelting down with snow, cannot wait for this storm to come tonight. Could be looking at >40cm and extremely high drifts

• Registered Users Posts: 28,441 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Have you looked at any forecasts, the storm will hit this evening and tonight.

Why are you expecting it to be snowing now?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭Pa ElGrande

Net Zero means we are paying for the destruction of our economy and society in pursuit of an unachievable and pointless policy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,742 ✭✭✭aidanodr

ofcork wrote: »
    Stopped snowing northside cork city is this going to happen at all?

No .. its all fake, including the last few days, even the snow you just talked about is fake :D

• Registered Users Posts: 28,441 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Believe me, I've seen it all. 1987 - the temperature shot up unexpectedly.
    Night of Jan 9-10 2010 - the temperature shot up unexpectedly.

That's not how snow works at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭jay28

Heavy snow now in gorey.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,816 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Kilkenny is thawing , no snow on trees here now. It's impossible to believe anything dramatic is going to change.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,332 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

It is thawing, icicles have formed in places.

:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭power pants

Just out on a walk the last 30 mins north Dublin. Definitely a lot chillier and windy and darker skies

I'm unsure if it will be snow or rain later though, seems on a knife edge

• Advertisement

no.8 wrote: »
    Ah the same person whinging about D16 being bypassed. I'm sorry but look at the technical weather thread and catch up the current status of the storm. It's very tiring for most of us reading these posts over and over....same as on Tuesday, just prior to the initial snow falls (YAWWWWWN).

So am I not allowed post my opinion? I'm also not the only person in D16 saying its not been great here.

Advertisement