Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Severe Weather Snow / Ice Weds 28 FEB ( Onwards ) ** READ MOD NOTE POST#1**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭dacogawa

So who's staying in watching "The Shining" with their family tonight?

The-Shining-e1467238980519-1600x898-1504286544-726x388.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭MidMan25

wakka12 wrote: »
    Why does it only go up to 5.35pm?

Because it's live data, it's not a prediction.

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭sean555

Nowt around Clarinbridge, had about 4 inches this morning but a thaw has set in.
    Galway city has had constant snow all day varying between light to moderate.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,236 ✭✭✭Dr. Kenneth Noisewater

Snowing pretty much all day in Athlone. We actually had a slight thaw at one stage as shown by the icicles that formed on the cars but there's ice forming on the thawed glass and snow is sticking to it again.

I've never seen snow like it around here before.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭erica74

wakka12 wrote: »
    Why does it only go up to 5.35pm?

Well I think it takes time to update, probably gathering data etc, it seems to update every 10 - 15 minutes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭loughside

The west / south west/ North west were never in the firing line. Hardly a flake in Belfast either.

Ian Paisley says `NO` :)

https://twitter.com/twitter/statuses/969179453191540737

been snowing here in co. down since 7am this morning, drifting in the easterly wind, have a look at the radar!!

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭CB19Kevo

Lovely to see all the reports of snow countrywide, These streamers have been very hit and miss so understandable people are on edge..

Here in south east Kerry there has been very light flutters in the air that last a few minutes,Nothing else of note,Be interesting to see what develops even if its limited in this area,just have to wait and see.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,115 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Oops69 wrote: »
    it's like people complaining that the movie hasn't even started and they've already eaten their popcorn and drank their coke , it'S The instant gratification generation.

You're on the money there. Constant connectivity and instant gratification. But with all the tech they have, they can't figure out a fooking forecast or radar.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭jdcv94

Gusts almost reaching blizzard level in Wexford up to 50 km/h now. Snow getting lighter.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,196 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Good covering in Tramore, Co Waterford, hard to say what depth because it has moved about so much, seems to be about 10cm on car roofs.
    It hasn't stopped all day, though it is very fine snow at the moment. Gusts of wind pick up settled snow and swirl it around so its hard to tell the difference between settled and re-settling snow. Very heavy white/grey sky.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 977 ✭✭✭revelman

Completely agree with you. Absolutely no reason what so ever for the south west to be included in it, absolutely not. Ridiculous.

Yawn. Clonakility has had near record snow already. Clonakilty is in the south-west.

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭sean555

The west / south west/ North west were never in the firing line. Hardly a flake in Belfast either.

Met Eireann should never have included these regions as far as a red warning is concerned. Yellow at best.

Wind not coming from the right direction.
    Not true for East Galway and the city, lots of snow particularly in the east.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭h57xiucj2z946q

All set for the evening
    https://i.imgur.com/LxnmnVT.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 32,274 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

loughside wrote: »
    Ian Paisley says `NO` :)

https://twitter.com/twitter/statuses/969179453191540737

been snowing here in co. down since 7am this morning, drifting in the easterly wind, have a look at the radar!!
    So... Ulster says snow!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭patneve2

Slightly heavier batch of ppn giving me a slight dusting now (S Dub coast). Heavier stuff still hours away maybe

• Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭alroley

Grandeeod wrote: »
    You're on the money there. Constant connectivity and instant gratification. But with all the tech they have, they can't figure out a fooking forecast or radar.

What generation are you talking about? I'd say most members here are 35+

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭Nettle Soup

Streamers have provided hours of snow in Oughterard today. Loving it. Hope Emma loads those streamers even more.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,732 ✭✭✭BarryD2

erica74 wrote: »
    Keep an eye here folks, really interesting to watch the progress.

http://www.meteoradar.co.uk/realtime-snowfall#

According to that, it should be snowing where we are in the SE. Which it is, but it's wet snow.

Remember that normally this depression would just bring rain and gales. It's only the presence or otherwise of the colder air that will turn it to sleet & snow.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,482 ✭✭✭harr

Snow here in kidare all day and hasn’t got above -1 yet while it’s still below freezing and still lashing snow yet there is a thaw on ? How is that possible icicles forming on cars and house now and good melt on ....anyone explain this ?

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Vxlks

Kamili wrote: »
    pathetic attempts to "snow" here in D16. Definate thaw in the last few hours. Way more lying snow yesterday. some blades of grass are starting to peep through in places again.

I know I've said it before but totally underwhelmed and fed up up to this point. major let down so far.

I don't know what you mean? It's been snowing in D14 all day (only up the road) and even if its small flakes they've topped up some accumulation here a lot more than yesterday afternoon? Heck, even right now its snowing pretty well despite it being smaller flakes, remember, worst is yet to come.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭abacus120

Sleet falling in greystones co wicklow, wind picking up,some strong gusts

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭Malayalam

"I am just going outside and may be some time''

~ Lawrence Oates

• Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭BLIZZARD7

Temp dropping back again, 0.1C and nice light snow.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 novemberbravo

Windy with light snow in Dublin 18

• Registered Users Posts: 17,332 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

All set for the evening
    https://i.imgur.com/LxnmnVT.jpg

I assume the rest are just buried

• Registered Users Posts: 20,448 ✭✭✭✭joes girls

Definitely getting worse here now in Southeast Wexford. Still very small flakes need them to get bigger but it is very heavy and we are getting cover more.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭Tim the Enchanter

Sure what else would you be at!!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,393 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

Took a three hour walk up my lane in Meath. Snow already drifting and was around 3' deep in places.

• Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭Ninap

joes girls wrote: »
    Southeast Wexford we have heavy snizzle now, visibility is still fine, in a moderate northeast wind.

Is that snow in Snoop Dogg's world?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,785 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

patneve2 wrote: »
    Slightly heavier batch of ppn giving me a slight dusting now (S Dub coast). Heavier stuff still hours away maybe

Slight increase in intensity of snow in Dublin 16 too. -0.5c.

Advertisement