Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Severe Weather Snow / Ice Weds 28 FEB ( Onwards ) ** READ MOD NOTE POST#1**

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

Just for context - Kildare Co Co had 29 vehicles out gritting/ploughing today.

That might help you to understand the work going on by essential services to keep the country moving today.

The army were running snow plows through newbridge earlier on

• Registered Users Posts: 32 LoadofCROC

Anybody from wexford care to comment? Looks like you are now getting the advance precipitation from Emma.

Wexford Town increased wind, light showers of snow but nothing heavy at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭Trebor176

i must be thick, but whats wrong with this photo?

Paul Byrne is Cork-based, baiiiii

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭from_atozinc

Paully D wrote: »
    It’s Waterford.

oh ok, ok, right.
    one would have to be a local to know that. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭utyh2ikcq9z76b

actaphobia wrote: »
    yeah, but we don't even deal with gales or floods effectively!!!

The whole world is getting freak weather events that they cant handle anymore, floods/snow/wildfires etc etc etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭d'Oracle

oh ok, ok, right.
    one would have to be a local to know that. :D

That or have passed through Waterford at any point at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 ARated

Anyone know how bad the roads are in north county Dublin at he moment? A relative is stuck in Sutton without transport, needs to get to Swords.
    Roads are clear in balgriffin.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭piuswal

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

RunnerDub wrote: »
    Sky News reporting from Maynooth, It looks bad out there now.
    Amazing that on their warning maps that they don't include Met Éireann's national red warning for the republic!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭nomdeboardie

wakka12 wrote: »
    Yeh just little flakes...really windy light snow here since tuesday morning.
    Anyway..lets not think about this anymore we have plenty coming for south dublin and wicklow tonight for all us who missed out the last two days!:D
    Yes :)

(There was a massive shower of graupel about midnight last night where I am but otherwise little since)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,806 ✭✭✭Calibos

Son0vagun wrote: »
    This thread is busy, but not as busy as when I found a Safe.

Oh Yeah? Well that wasnt as busy as when my thread got half the population of Ireland out to watch the Space Shuttle and its jettisoned Orange fuel tank fly over Ireland in tandom 18 minutes after launch from Cape Canaveral florida traveling at 17,000mph like a bat outta hell!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,428 ✭✭✭ZX7R

The army were running snow plows through newbridge earlier on

They also have private contractors drafted in

• Registered Users Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭Trebor176

My sister in Naas has reported 21cm of snow, and It's still falling. It is my nephew's first real snow day, and himself, the other kids and adults have been having an absolute ball in the local park.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭spookwoman

d'Oracle wrote: »
    The gardaí in this case are probably trying to prevent the possibility of people being stranded in rural communities in a blizzard and taking stretched resources away from rescuing people who didn't just go for pints.

The gardaí will probably be the ones responsible for sorting the punters out when they get stranded.
    Dont know where the pub is could be city or town centre, I also don't know where the employees or patrons live or how long they plan on staying. That's they I am not giving out about them. My local is 5 min walk and would be for nearly every one of the people who drink in here. Another local is say 20 mins walks away. I've been in the UK when its -19 walked 5 miles into town for a pub or whatever and walked back home.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭Amprodude

I reckon this is being hyped up to the last with storm Emma. West Munster got no snow and if things are to be bad snow would be falling well in advance of now in these areas. It's bad in kildare and east of country but nothing down here and can't see it coming now either. I will launch my bets for paddy power for no snow tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭wakka12

Some areas of south west dublin could have crazy totals by tomorrow. I believe theres around a foot in some parts of west dublin, and emma is supposed to drop up to 30cm on top of south dublin..south east dublin only has 10cm or so currently but you could be looking at over 2 feet totals in some areas of south west dublin tomorrow surely?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,559 ✭✭✭dasdog

The Collared Dove's came in and topped up on some last minute sunflower seeds. Wood Pidgeons got theirs about an hour ago. Robins are still flying in grabbing cheeky snacks. Looking at netweather this should hit Dublin soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Mrsweasley

Anybody from wexford care to comment? Looks like you are now getting the advance precipitation from Emma.

We are in the middle and it's snowing heavily now - has snowed variable amounts for most of the day .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,070 ✭✭✭Franz Von Peppercorn

Amprodude wrote: »
    I reckon this is being hyped up to the last with storm Emma. West Munster got no snow and if things are to be bad snow would be falling well in advance of now in these areas. It's bad in kildare and east of country but nothing down here and can't see it coming now either. I will launch my bets for paddy power for no snow tomorrow.

Why would it be snowing there already? What charts ever showed that?

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭grenouille1966

spookwoman wrote: »
    Dont know where the pub is could be city or town centre, I also don't know where the employees or patrons live or how long they plan on staying. That's they I am not giving out about them. My local is 5 min walk and would be for nearly every one of the people who drink in here. Another local is say 20 mins walks away. I've been in the UK when its -19 walked 5 miles into town for a pub or whatever and walked back home.

-19...on the top of Ben Nevis??

Dublin gets a lot more snow than southern England in any case...a lot more....snow in southern England is as rare as snow in Cork or Kerry...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 778 ✭✭✭no.8

Another 1 :confused::rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭je551e

So calm here in Kerry , will we see any action??

Mrsweasley wrote: »
    We are in the middle and it's snowing heavily now - has snowed variable amounts for most of the day .

Thanks. That’s the first reports of Emma, as far as I know!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Kamili

pathetic attempts to "snow" here in D16. Definate thaw in the last few hours. Way more lying snow yesterday. some blades of grass are starting to peep through in places again.

I know I've said it before but totally underwhelmed and fed up up to this point. major let down so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭revelman

We have had an accumulation here in south Cork of over 20cm of snow since Tuesday night. Even primary roads are impassable with cars being pushed and trucks jackknifing yesterday. You are in West Munster (Kerry?) fair enough but the south coast of Cork and parts of Waterford have been hit pretty bad. We have had more snow in our part of Cork than 1982.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,093 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

Temperature rising at an alarming rate now. Up to -0.3c. I'm expecting rain.
    The model discussion thread is stuck on page 82 for me so can't post in it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭Son0vagun

It’s snowed all day in Navan, I’ve never seen the like of it and Emma isn’t even here yet. I’ve been in and out of it all day and each time I go out my foot prints have been covered back up. Great To Experiance it.

Kamili wrote: »
    pathetic attempts to "snow" here in D16. Definate thaw in the last few hours. Way more lying snow yesterday. some blades of grass are starting to peep through in places again.

I know I've said it before but totally underwhelmed and fed up up to this point. major let down so far.

FFS the storm hasn’t arrived yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭garyha

Kamili wrote: »

I know I've said it before but totally underwhelmed and fed up up to this point. major let down.

It hasn't started yet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭spookwoman

-19...on the top of Ben Nevis??

Dublin gets a lot more snow than southern England in any case...a lot more....snow in southern England is as rare as snow in Cork or Kerry...
    Bad winter in Wigan but had great meteor shower

Advertisement