Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Grand National 2018

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,722 ✭✭✭posturingpat

Paddy Power, let me put money into my account... Need id to withdraw ������. Provide id and they have technical difficulties!

Busiest day of the year, always likely to be some issues. Have patience my good man and don't go giving it back :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭EPAndlee

Put 30 euro on Tiger Roll this morning. Won with Ultragold yesterday. 2 wins and 1 place out of 5 bets isn't too bad

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Amazing race. Second again for me this year. Every freakin year. :rolleyes:
    Well done Tiger Roll backers. Didn't even consider it.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,023 ✭✭✭✭Joe_ Public

If someone has to keep winning all the time, happy for it to be Davy Russell. Very classy performance today, both on and off the saddle.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,078 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

BumperD wrote: »
    Bet365 will take a long time to settle placed bets on that offer maybe another 30 mins

I was on Anibale Fly e/w, no sign of a payout yet. Torn between it and Tiger Roll all morning:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,610 ✭✭✭yaboya1

EPAndlee wrote: »
    Put 30 euro on Tiger Roll this morning. Won with Ultragold yesterday. 2 wins and 1 place out of 5 bets isn't too bad

Shameless.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭abarkie

EPAndlee wrote: »

Looks like after timing to me?

I was on Anibale Fly e/w, no sign of a payout yet. Torn between it and Tiger Roll all morning:(

I was torn between those two aswell

• Registered Users Posts: 2,722 ✭✭✭posturingpat

Whiplash85 wrote: »
    Not much of a wind up now.

The wind up was regarding his comment saying Tiger rolls jumping had never been an issue. That was either a wind up or the comment of someone that has seen little of the horse over the years.
    Still won tohugh:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭Fanny Wank

yaboya1 wrote: »
    Shameless.

EPAndlee f*cking knew

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,363 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

Fanny **** wrote: »
    EPAndlee f*cking knew
    Probably had it in a double with Ultragold as well but just too modest to boast about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭superfurry1

Jesus don't think I'll sleep tonight after watching that replay gutted poor dj Mullins he will be devastated so close congrats to all the tiger rollers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭Fanny Wank

DDC1990 wrote: »
    Probably had it in a double with Ultragold as well but just too modest to boast about it.

I doubled it with Labaik in last year's supreme.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭BumperD

Fanny **** wrote: »
    I doubled it with Labaik in last year's supreme.

I had it accummed with the last 20 grand national winners using my system

DDC1990 wrote: »

Was actually an accumulator of 6 wins but didn't want to rub it in anyones face

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭EICVD

Jesus don't think I'll sleep tonight after watching that replay gutted poor dj Mullins he will be devastated so close congrats to all the tiger rollers.

I’m sure he’ll be alright since he’s already won it & will have plenty more chances

• Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭supremenovice

Note to self when studying 2019 Grand National form.
    The Cheltenham X-Country is a good guide:

2018 Grand National
    1st Tiger Roll - X country winner 2018
    3rd Bless The Wings - 2nd three times on the X Country course

2017 Grand National
    2nd Cause of Causes - X country winner 2017

• Registered Users Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭paddy no 11

under 11-0

age 8,9

won again

2018 Grand National

2017 Grand National

I think a better trend is just follow Gordon Elliott he’s having a dream run

• Advertisement

BumperD wrote:
    I think a better trend is just follow Gordon Elliott he’s having a dream run

And 2 top Jockeys at his disposal.

Davy Russell is obviously in the form of his life, but Jack Kennedy got 13 year old, 50/1 shot Bless the Wings around marvelously. Gave him a great ride.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,404 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

2018 Grand National

2017 Grand National
    In fairness, this is a completely new angle. In my memory at least (going back 30 years), I cannot remember cross country winners even being at the races for a National.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,404 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

BumperD wrote: »
    The first person he mentioned was his thoughts for Pat Smullen.

I was actually reminded of similar comments he made 8 years ago, defending Brian O'Connell when that horses ass, John McCirick had a pop at him. The man must have incredible humility when you consider that after he's won the biggest prize in jump racing, his first thoughts are towards a colleague.

For someone who has followed racing as long as I have, attended many meetings and met most jockey's, it's surprising I have never once talked to Davy Russell. Despite that, it's clear that Davy Russell is a high class individual, and always has been.

Final FYI, great jockey, great individual, but at the same time, I don't think he necessarily has a clue about the horses he is riding, so don't expect him to provide you with the winner of any particular race. That is no disgrace though. The best jockey I have ever seen is Lester Piggott, and he didn't know the arse end from the elbow of a horse going by his training career.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,610 ✭✭✭yaboya1

In fairness, this is a completely new angle. In my memory at least (going back 30 years), I cannot remember cross country winners even being at the races for a National.

Silver Birch was 2nd in the cross country before winning the 2007 National.

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭The Master.

Paddy power are paying 6 places right? What odds do you get for each way?

Paddy power are paying 6 places right? What odds do you get for each way?

1/5

Has losing the gigginstown job made Davy a far better person ( not saying he was a bad person) have really warmed to him the last few years)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,023 ✭✭✭✭Joe_ Public

Has losing the gigginstown job made Davy a far better person ( not saying he was a bad person) have really warmed to him the last few years)

Might be something in that. May be just generally getting older, more mature and appreciating what you have. How many trainers did he fall out with when he was younger? O’Grady, Mick O’Brien, probably others too. The constant wasting wouldn’t have helped either, O’Leary basically ordered him to quit that nonsense.

Might be something in that. May be just generally getting older, more mature and appreciating what you have. How many trainers did he fall out with when he was younger? O’Grady, Mick O’Brien, probably others too. The constant wasting wouldn’t have helped either, O’Leary basically ordered him to quit that nonsense.

There was a bookie who used post here one time described davy as a bit duplicitous. Think he's matured a lot alright. He's having a great time and I'm enjoying watching him hope he has a few more year's like this

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,564 ✭✭✭kiers47

kiers47 wrote: »
    Pleasant Company for me in the big one. Showed good form to be second in the Virtual GN over this course and trip last year just outstayed by the classy cause of causes. With an improved ride will go close again :pac:

2017 virtual GN working out well. Winner cause of causes 2nd last year and the 2nd Pleasant Company 2nd this year. A race to note going forward!!

Advertisement