Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Grand National 2018

Options
12345679»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭Fanny Wank

• Registered Users Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭munster87

kiers47 wrote: »
    2017 virtual GN working out well. Winner cause of causes 2nd last year and the 2nd Pleasant Company 2nd this year. A race to note going forward!!

And Tiger Roll did the grand national double this year, winning the virtual as well!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭Meglamonia

Anyone still waiting on bet365 refund?

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭ballyhagan

Meglamonia wrote: »
    Anyone still waiting on bet365 refund?

That offer was over at 12.00 yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭Meglamonia

ballyhagan wrote: »
    That offer was over at 12.00 yesterday.

Yeah I know I placed my bets before that time.

Just asking has anyone had their half stake returned to them yet, seems to be taking a while.

• Advertisement

Meglamonia wrote: »
    Yeah I know I placed my bets before that time.

Just asking has anyone had their half stake returned to them yet, seems to be taking a while.

Mine all came back within minutes of placing the nets.

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭clevtrev

ballyhagan wrote: »
    Mine all came back within minutes of placing the nets.

dont think my bets were refunded either. How did the refunds appear? assumed they would show as a return on the settled bets history but return is 0 for me?

They are under 'Adjustments' in 'Sports History'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

DDC1990 wrote: »
    And 2 top Jockeys at his disposal.

Davy Russell is obviously in the form of his life, but Jack Kennedy got 13 year old, 50/1 shot Bless the Wings around marvelously. Gave him a great ride.

Brian Cooper's career gone to poor since losing the job.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,363 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

Apparently he was on the radio speaking yesterday. Said it was a mistake taking the Gigginstown Job so early as he ended up burning all his contacts with smaller stables.

Then he went to England and Tizzard didn't really want him at all, it was a favour from Alan Potts to his father.

Back home now and he's trying to make the connections again. Ridden for Willie Mullins, Mouse Morris and Andrew McNamara recently.

Still only 25, but those 2 leg breaks ruined 3 good years of his career.

I didn't hear the interview so some details may be incorrect (2nd hand), but that was the jist of it.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 2,722 ✭✭✭posturingpat

Fanny **** wrote: »

There are times i think people unnecessarily give out about bookies over their terms/offers etc. but ****e like this is where they've no shame, no way on Gods green earth any large bookmaker made a loss yesterday.

There are times i think people unnecessarily give out about bookies over their terms/offers etc. but ****e like this is where they've no shame, no way on Gods green earth any large bookmaker made a loss yesterday.

They may have lost on the race but anyone who can get on with Betway to win 50 large + must be a serial loser. Nobody can get on with that shower

• Registered Users Posts: 2,722 ✭✭✭posturingpat

Fanny **** wrote: »
    They may have lost on the race but anyone who can get on with Betway to win 50 large + must be a serial loser. Nobody can get on with that shower

Yeah i genuinely have never seen any online bookmaker willing to take more than a few hundred e/w on a double figure price and i'm far from a serious punter so whoever it was must be a big loser.
    Hope he doesn't hand them winnings back over the next week :o

• Registered Users Posts: 17,963 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Tiger Roll at 50s looks tasty - presumably Cheltenham dependent and/or they opt to go to Fairyhouse.

Posted 13/02/18 :D

Pity I don't do Ante Post bets....

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Good spot all the same man.

• Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭theaceofspies

Nulty wrote: »
    Why would you be shocked

The 'Monster Gamble' didn't really work out.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,838 ✭✭✭Nulty

Why would you be shocked

The 'Monster Gamble' didn't really work out.

Is that an answer?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,838 ✭✭✭Nulty

Tiger Roll at 50s looks tasty - presumably Cheltenham dependent and/or they opt to go to Fairyhouse.

Antepost is my most profitable approach to gambling. I do very well compared to day off the race.

All three Grand National winners I've picked were long term fancies, all bets within the week of the race failed.

• Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭theaceofspies

Is that an answer?

The horse itself answered the question.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,963 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Antepost is my most profitable approach to gambling. I do very well compared to day off the race.

All three Grand National winners I've picked were long term fancies, all bets within the week of the race failed.

Personally I hate the risk involved of AP rules... the fear of losing money without even a chance :o

Then again 50/1 would have been a lot nicer compared to the 14/1.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,805 ✭✭✭Doctors room ghost

Horse ran a cracking race and he only a small horse.and fair play to the poster who backed him at 50/1.i had captain redbeard who unseated.enough said

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,564 ✭✭✭kiers47

Well done on tipping up a 1/16 shot. Unfortunately there are no medals at this time for such feats!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭abarkie

Personally I hate the risk involved of AP rules... the fear of losing money without even a chance :o

Then again 50/1 would have been a lot nicer compared to the 14/1.

From memory, Bet365 went NRNB from when the weights were announced

Can't remember about others

Advertisement