Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Grand National 2018

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,811 ✭✭✭Mysterypunter

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Is Tiger Roll still in?

Yes Carry's 10-12, ridden by Davy Russell. Lucky number 13, 11-1 with Powers and Boyles

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭abarkie

abarkie wrote: »
    The Thursday card is possibly the best day's racing for jumps in the year

More graded races than any other meeting

Used to go the Thursday and Friday, but the Friday is a bit too much non racing activity nowadays, good if like looking at ladies though :D

Great day and night out though

Thoroughly recommended and the Queen Mother Stand has one of the best views in racing, in my opinion

Another good day's racing today.

Had to make do with Princess Royal Stand as Queen Mother sold out

All winners, generally speaking, could be picked from the formbook

Maybe I find Aintree "easier" than Cheltenham - toss of a coin over the view from the stands though

Anyway - I digress

Vicente is still my choice for the National but don't understand Nicholls and Hemmings thought path over the horse and Scottish National

• Registered Users Posts: 2,722 ✭✭✭posturingpat

I love Tiger roll but I couldn't back him if I had half a dozen picks. He's a little whip of a thing and clatters his fences. Can sulk and is one I'd be out to get as a bookmaker.

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭Whiplash85

I love Tiger roll but I couldn't back him if I had half a dozen picks. He's a little whip of a thing and clatters his fences. Can sulk and is one I'd be out to get as a bookmaker.
    He's jumping has never been an issue. He is the toughest horse in the race and ultimately thats what counts here.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,963 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Staying loyal to my Gold Cup pick and will be taking some of Minella Rocco at 20s

Non-runner :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,722 ✭✭✭posturingpat

Whiplash85 wrote: »
    He's jumping has never been an issue. He is the toughest horse in the race and ultimately thats what counts here.

Are you on a wind up?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭danganabu

Not sure if it was your intention but you gave me a good laugh on a dreary morning, thank you!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭RivetingRoger

as a famous tennis player once said to my great amusement at the time...

"you cannot be serious"...........

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭RivetingRoger

Thunder and Roses late entry

No shortage of Maroon silks again this year

Still think Alpha the most likely tho

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭Daraa

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭BoroMan32

Vicente also pulled out due to the ground.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,564 ✭✭✭kiers47

2 more for my project on Vintage Clouds to click into gear!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭TheRiverman

I hate the ITV coverage,someday the BBC might get it back.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭Fanny Wank

Vintage Clouds misses out by 1 which is rather annoying

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

I was just looking at my open bets and I must have backed Gas Line Boy some time ago because I dont remember backing him. Must have gotten good advice - hopefully it wins now

• Registered Users Posts: 10,363 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

Carlingford Lough is my bet.

Would have been ideal for him 2 years ago. Hope he's not too old now. Stays all day, ground will suit him.

Not sure he's good enough but at 50/1 I think he's nice e/w value.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,515 ✭✭✭✭Raffingora

Gas Line Boy - 5th last year after having been hampered 2 out. Then won over these fences in December, beating Ultragold into 2nd, who comfortably won the Topham Trophy today to frank the form.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,987 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

Gas line boy 33/1
    Chase the Spud 66/1
    Milansbar 33/1

Have a decent record in the national the last 4 or 5 years but this year seems a bit tougher, found it hard to find an outsider I liked.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭gazza1

I JUST KNOW gets my vote.
    Hacked up in the Yorkshire national. Ground and trip no problem and likes to up with the pace so less chance of interference.
    Had a recent run over hurdles so will hopefully that will have put him right.

BOL

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

A good omen, AK3 put HDO up over on the Longshots, he's already got me two 6th placers today.
    Reason is, one of the Oracles said it would be an 11yo this year, and have been backing them all (only six of these) on mixed e/w accas during this month.

i.e. PC / HDO / Milansbar / R2R / BWise & TN.

The only single was on the 'Lough@50, as passed a Powers shop earlier and dumped in a large bag of coinage to keep the teller busy.
    Ironically my bank charges me money, to give them money (coins). So every so often just dump a sack into the bookies, with no processing fee.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭NaiveMelodies

I just can't get away from Buywise.

Pleasant Company for me in the big one. Showed good form to be second in the Virtual GN over this course and trip last year just outstayed by the classy cause of causes. With an improved ride will go close again :pac:

Regal Encore and Walk in The Mill Non runners

Pretty annoying that they don't have on the day reserves. Vintage Clouds would be in :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,243 ✭✭✭munster87

My two backed for the national, Tiger Roll 14/1, Captain Redbeard 50/1.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Have Gas Line Boy, & Pendra

• Registered Users Posts: 10 macca3

Gas Line Boy
    Baie Des Iles
    Warriors Tale

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Taking advantage of the Bet365 offer, my few against the field taking all of the leading fancies on
    Gas Line Boy
    Maggio
    Alpha Des Obeaux
    Shantou Flyer

Backed ap:
    Baie Des Iles

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭sdoc13

I love 365.

Gas line boy
    Raz de maree
    Carlingford lough
    Hobon des obeaux
    Alpha des obeaux

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

My selections for the national are, Tiger Roll, Ucello Conti and Carlingford Lough

Advertisement