Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Grand National 2018

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭madmoose

Bellshill stands out at the foot of the weights, needs a long trip imo

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭Niallers87

i thinkn American would love a flat track like Aintree; anyone know what frys intention is with him?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,963 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Tiger Roll at 50s looks tasty - presumably Cheltenham dependent and/or they opt to go to Fairyhouse.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Bellshill and Pleasant Company would be my 2 early fancies.

With Blacklion due to run the weights can only go up 4lb at most

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Mig

Niallers87 wrote: »
    i thinkn American would love a flat track like Aintree; anyone know what frys intention is with him?
    Needs soft. Unlikely he'll get that at Aintree.

Anybody going to it? I've done Cheltenham the last 3 years and doing Aintree this year. Looking forward to it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭Earendil

The Mig wrote: »
    Needs soft. Unlikely he'll get that at Aintree.

Anybody going to it? I've done Cheltenham the last 3 years and doing Aintree this year. Looking forward to it.

It's brilliant. Went last year. The Friday was fantastic and the city is a great night out post racing.

Doing Chelt again this year - may opt for GN next year mind you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭abarkie

Earendil wrote: »
    It's brilliant. Went last year. The Friday was fantastic and the city is a great night out post racing.

The Thursday card is possibly the best day's racing for jumps in the year

More graded races than any other meeting

Used to go the Thursday and Friday, but the Friday is a bit too much non racing activity nowadays, good if like looking at ladies though :D

Great day and night out though

Thoroughly recommended and the Queen Mother Stand has one of the best views in racing, in my opinion

• Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭maximo31

Bet365 and Sky bet NRNB on this already so might be a few decent prices to be had.

maximo31 wrote: »
    Bet365 and Sky bet NRNB on this already so might be a few decent prices to be had.

Expect the prices to start to change about 830pm tonight for the racing post download people getting ahead of others

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,838 ✭✭✭Nulty

My current shortlist are Cause Of CausesTiger Roll, Children's List, Warriors Tale and Vyta Du Roc.

Tiger Roll is small, same with Cause Of Causes but small horses aren't inconvenienced by Aintree as much as people might think. Another example of a small horse running well is Sunnyhill Boy. Both are by flat sires as well.

Tiger Roll is a massive price knowing he'll go there after Chaltenham. 

Children's List is unexposed. He's had too few races over fences to expect him to go this year but wouldn't like to let him run here without backing him.

Warriors Tale is progressing nicely, he's consistent and recently had his highest RPR performance. He'll go on any ground If I'm not mistaken he's just been bought by Trevor Hemmings. Not yet totally convinced of his stamina but no real doubts either.

Vyta Du Roc has had colic two weeks ago and is up against it to get to Aintree, but if he got there I'd be having a bet on him.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭longshotvalue

Grand National

Silsol
    . He runs tomorrow at Haydock and i think he will run well. 100/1 is too big with ladbrokes and coral. I don't think he is totally dependent on soft ground as he has plenty y of class form on good over hurdles. He should just about get in but if he doesn't it.ll be money back

1 Point EW 100/1 5 places Ladbrokes

• Registered Users Posts: 4,687 ✭✭✭zimmermania

I backed Noble Endeavor at 33s 6 places after the weights were published.

Has not run since the Irish Grand National,a run is not as important nowdays but i would like to see him get a spin over hurdles before the big day.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭EICVD

I’ve been an Arbre De Vie fan for years, always thought a distance & good ground will suit, would of been placed in the 4 miler last year. He’s got no weight but that’s probably a negative, he’s #80 in the weights. Fairyhouse it might have to be.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭EICVD

Nulty wrote: »
    My current shortlist are Cause Of CausesTiger Roll, Children's List, Warriors Tale and Vyta Du Roc.

Tiger Roll is small, same with Cause Of Causes but small horses aren't inconvenienced by Aintree as much as people might think. Another example of a small horse running well is Sunnyhill Boy. Both are by flat sires as well.

Children's List is unexposed. He's had too few races over fences to expect him to go this year but wouldn't like to let him run here without backing him.

Warriors Tale is progressing nicely, he's consistent and recently had his highest RPR performance. He'll go on any ground If I'm not mistaken he's just been bought by Trevor Hemmings. Not yet totally convinced of his stamina but no real doubts either.

Vyta Du Roc has had colic two weeks ago and is up against it to get to Aintree, but if he got there I'd be having a bet on him.

Small snippet from Nichols in the post that day regarding Warriors Tale, isn’t sure he’ll stay.

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭Bangor Billy

I backed Noble Endeavor at 33s 6 places after the weights were published.

Has not run since the Irish Grand National,a run is not as important nowdays but i would like to see him get a spin over hurdles before the big day.
    New rule this year - to run in the National a horse must have run in a chase this season. So currently Nobel Endeavour isn't qualified and a run over hurdles won't get him in.

New rule this year - to run in the National a horse must have run in a chase this season. So currently Nobel Endeavour isn't qualified and a run over hurdles won't get him in.

So lets hope he gets a run though the only entry i see is the Irish G N.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,838 ✭✭✭Nulty

Nulty wrote: »

Vyta Du Roc has been taken out and I've decided not to back Warriors Tale.

Got good prices on the rest.
    That last one I'll back before the day is Captain Redbeard. I've actually staked more on him than any of the others. I like his profile, he has the pedigree to go the distance, he got course experience on heavy ground in the Sefton in December, he's being targeted at the race, he's in brilliant form winning his hurdles prep race at Ayr before Cheltenham. His run in the Sefton was satisfactory having jumped well but getting hampered jumping the 4th last and making a mistake after that. He's been campaigned well for a Grand National prospect and is peaking at just the right time. He's a massive 100/1 and the only concern is class.

Staying loyal to my Gold Cup pick and will be taking some of Minella Rocco at 20s

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭madmoose

Main two would be;

Tiger Roll & Minella Rocco

Outsiders

As de Mee 80/1 365
    Captain Redbeard 100/1
    Warriors Tale 50/1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭RivetingRoger

Couldnt have totall recall after the GC
    will it even run
    could be bolixed after that

Thanks for that, in a genuine way.It is a bit peculiar though that the "fab four" i.e zimmermania haters thank your post.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,435 ✭✭✭droidman123

Thanks for that, in a genuine way.It is a bit peculiar though that the "fab four" i.e zimmermania haters thank your post.

Theres actually a "fab five" one of them didnt thank the post yet

• Registered Users Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

Done

Odd one this - Certainly haven't seen it publicised

What dates does it apply from - for the dates of a chase I mean

So weights come out in Feb and as long as pre National it has had one run over chase or is it pre weights coming out?

Certainly not a Zimmermania hater here

Keep up the posts

Vicente is my initial thought for the National - but I did say that last year and look what happened!

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭Bangor Billy

abarkie wrote: »

Odd one this - Certainly haven't seen it publicised

What dates does it apply from  - for the dates of a chase I mean

So weights come out in Feb and as long as pre National it has had one run over chase or is it pre weights coming out?

Has to have one chase run before 9th April ( 5 day decs date). Seeyouatmidnight met the qualification by running yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,380 ✭✭✭STB.

So lets hope he gets a run though the only entry i see is the Irish G N.

Noble Edeavour is injured and has been since the end of February.

He wont be going to either. Mala Beach is Jones horse for the national.

Theres actually a "fab five" one of them didnt thank the post yet

As long as being part of a mutual admiration society makes you all happy that is fine by me,a modest bunch with lots to be modest about.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,338 Mod ✭✭✭✭convert

As long as being part of a mutual admiration society makes you all happy that is fine by me,a modest bunch with lots to be modest about.

Be nice.....

Advertisement