Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Grand National 2018

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭BumperD

Did a placepot for interest at Aintree , my national darts alpha des obeaux, pleasant company and tiger roll

• Registered Users Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Gas Line Boy
    Raz De Maree
    Pleasant Company

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭madmoose

Just because of the prices Valseur Lido is 125/1 with bet365 but top 10 eachway is 40/1, im going to take a small stab at those prices.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

Seen 8places somewhere, surprised one of the bigger books haven't pushed the boat out to 7pl today just to slurp up a few fresh punters with shorter prices.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭kksaints

I have gone for Houblon Des Obeaux, Blaklion and Milansbar.All each-way

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,564 ✭✭✭kiers47

The grand national is probably one of the worst races all year to bet each way on. Especially with 1/5 odds.
    You'd be better off just backing 2 horses win only really. Maybe the 1/4 books with 5 or 6 places are okish but still think your be better with the 2 win bets.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

I'm all for those extra places, as only 99% of the time do Accumulator e/w array builds.

One exception is the EWExtra which is single line market, e.g. 9 places (nine!) R2R @26 (1/5).
    Also taking specific market for an 11yo to win @11 (available as multi-line selection).

• Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭supremenovice

I can see the headlines now if Maggio wins the National:

"Jockey formerly accused of gang-rape wins National"

Brendan Powell Jnr was arrested and bailed, along with two others, for an alleged gang rape of a girl in November 2016 but after a year investigation, no further action was taken by police in December 2017.
    I know the National has a habit of producing fairy tale stories and although Powell Jnr is an innocent man, I can see the tabloids having a field day with it, especially considering the recent rugby-rape trial is still a hot-topic.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭byronbay2

14/1 the field now on The National. Make sure you get on early before the bookies start cutting everything!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,564 ✭✭✭kiers47

I'm all for those extra places, as only 99% of the time do Jayla Fluffy Species e/w array builds.

One exception is the EWExtra which is single line market, e.g. 9 places (nine!) R2R @26 (1/5).
    Also taking specific market for an 11yo to win @11 (available as multi-line selection).

Your going to be taking significantly reduced odds in the that market though for win price. So even though you may be getting value in the place bet you are taking a good bit under the odds for win purposes.
    It's a bit of a balancing act though. It's obviously hard to have both. I'm usually all for the each way scumbaggery but would normally pass on this race and go win only on the exchange. Each to their own i guess.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,438 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

My only two bets

Thunder And Roses at 66/1
    Lord Windermere at 66/1

Both e/w with 6 places and 1/5 the odds.

Virgilio @ 66/1 - Has won three times on the Mildmay course, Dan Skelton having a great season.
    Carlingford Lough @ 40/1 - class act and has acted on the ground.

Both e/w

• Registered Users Posts: 35,859 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Anibale Fly 12-1

Delusion of Grandeur 66-1

Tiger Roll 14-1

Warriors Tale 33-1

Seeyou at Mignight 12-1

I just KNow 18-1

Buywise 66-1

Milansbar 25-1

My picks
    All EW
    Hoping to hit the winner and with some places to turn profit.

Virgilio @ 66/1 - Has won three times on the Mildmay course, Dan Skelton having a great season.
    Carlingford Lough @ 40/1 - class act and has acted on the ground.

Both e/w

ONly two?
    You need at least 5 picks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭paddy no 11

Why is the Dutchman drifting, is my main selection along with I just know

ONly two?
    You need at least 5 picks

I'm actually embarrassed Im going each way. Im more of an 'on the nose' guy

I'm actually embarrassed Im going each way. Im more of an 'on the nose' guy

I like to have many in this race. When one falls I have another, when one is 20 lengths behind I have another. I seem to always do ok in this race with many picks, Big prices allows a few picks.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,363 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

Who is that muppet calling Brian Gleeson a leprechaun and generally being a condescending prick.

Made some ****ty comments at Cheltenham about some jockeys and had a go at Barry Geraghty yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,192 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

DDC1990 wrote: »
    Who is that muppet calling Brian Gleeson a leprechaun and generally being a condescending prick.

Made some ****ty comments at Cheltenham about some jockeys and had a go at Barry Geraghty yesterday.

I changed the channel, watching football for a while, unbearable

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭akelly02

DDC1990 wrote: »

What did he say about Geraghty?

If it was that he has gone to ****e lately he’d be dead right

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭TheRiverman

Don't know how Brian Gleeson,Ruby Walsh and AP McCoy got caught up in the horrendous ITV racing coverage.It's brutal.I don't want to get banned from here,so I will not print what I think of Chapman.

Don't know how Brian Gleeson,Ruby Walsh and AP McCoy got caught up in the horrendous ITV racing coverage.It's brutal.I don't want to get banned from here,so I will not print what I think of Chapman.

All 3 of them are terrible as is the whole thing, exception of cumani

• Registered Users Posts: 13,023 ✭✭✭✭Joe_ Public

Ruby is very good as a pundit, noticeable how much more heft that panel has once he joined it. Mick Fitzgerald has too much to say for a guy who has nothing to say. Terrible.

All 3 of them are terrible as is the whole thing, exception of cumani

I think you don't get my point,Gleeson,Walsh and McCoy are too good to be involved with ITV racing.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,290 ✭✭✭CH3OH

I'm looking at changing jobs at the moment..

so just for fun, I've gone for Perfect Candidate ew

I think you don't get my point,Gleeson,Walsh and McCoy are too good to be involved with ITV racing.

Why because there Irish, Gleeson is just a clown. McCoy comes doesn't come across as a very nice character, walsh is a good commentator on horses but I don't like him as an individual

• Registered Users Posts: 2,111 ✭✭✭finglashoop

Thunder and Roses
    Houblon des obeaux
    Alpha des obeaux

Ew and combi fcasts

maggio ew

Total recall
    Perfect candidate for the mother and wife

All ew

• Registered Users Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭superfurry1

Pleasant company for me and i will be also if he can win.

Why because there Irish, Gleeson is just a clown. McCoy comes doesn't come across as a very nice character, walsh is a good commentator on horses but I don't like him as an individual

Watch Gleeson on RTE,very different than, probably under instruction having to act the clown alongside that prat Chapman.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,303 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

All ew top 6
    Gas line boy
    Maggio
    Tiger roll
    Delusionofgrandeur
    Carlingford lough

Advertisement