Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thinks Wich Trivilly anoy u.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Dial Hard wrote: »
    I always ring into their voicemail first to see if they've a personalised message recorded.

Today's TA: chilblains. Like, seriously, I'm not living in a Dickensian novel here, who the hell gets chilblains in 2018???

That's sweet lady diabetty letting you know she a coming, I'm fighting her off with good old fashioned sand paper on my feet, but I'm crazzzzzzzzzy

• Registered Users Posts: 5,763 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

Nice weather has inspired me to do some diy outdoors; specifically painting fences & woodwork.
    So I nip down to the DIY megastore on my lunchbreak. It's 10 minutes' walk away but I take the car because I will be carrying 24l of fence paint. I'm in and out in less than 10 minutes. :)
    It takes me 10+ minutes more to drive that short distance back to work because traffic's backed up nearly as far as the DIY place. At one stage I'm sitting right outside my office for 3 minutes waiting to be able to make a right turn.

RAAR :mad::mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,084 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

People who know the price of everything and the value of nothing.
    There is this lad at work who believes that the cheapest of the cheap is the way to go with everything. If you happen to have something new he will be the first to tell you that you got ripped off as there is a cheapo version in Muckedy Mac Mucks Bargain Basement shop.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Old buddies at tills. Don’t be fooled that just because it looks like they’re paying that you’ll be served quick. This one in front of me must have scanned every coupon and voucher, then she was another five years looking for a rewards card. Then she wanted to know what she had left on the card. The machine was out of paper so the cashier had to refill it. Then she decided she wanted one of every scratch card. Then she eventually pisses off but you can still hear her half way out the door roaring about how dear the shop is

• Registered Users Posts: 5,897 ✭✭✭trellheim

Madam in front in Tesco Queue arguing the toss over a 2euro coupon ; took 3 managers and 10 mins in queue , but she got her 2 euro ... at some point the rest of the queue lost the will to live

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭LadyMacBeth_

My lips are sore. Constantly dry and chapped, I think it's the cold weather and heating.

The lips on my face before anyone says anything!! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 40,353 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

My lips are sore. Constantly dry and chapped, I think it's the cold weather and heating.

good job i read the second line of that before responding.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,230 ✭✭✭jaxxx

Hey guys 'n' gals, how's it going?

-> {proceeds to read Lady B's post above}

-> {Username 'Jaxxx' has keeled over and died}

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,587 ✭✭✭DunnoKidz

Having to explain to people "yes, I am still sick" ...it's not like I was given an option in the matter...
    Sure, I shall only have the flu for exactly 2.5 days, since that is the most convenient time frame for my friends.
    What's worse is they are the ones that passed on the virus in the first place - they have no right to be complaining.

TA'ed that I don't have the nerve to text back "you gave me this flu, so shut the f**k up"

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

I have been finding food under the sofa,slices of apple, crusts, crackers etc. Culprit is the 6 yr old who has clearly been letting on she has finished her food. I am somewhere between being annoyed with her and impressed she was getting one over on me.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

My hair is snapping off. Got some fright at the hairdressers earlier when she showed me the back of it :(

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭nermal15

It took me nearly half an hour to get a parking spot outside my house today. And by 'outside', I mean across the road because that was the closest one. I even gave in and went into a nearby pay and display car park but because it wasn't quite half six I would have had to pay 3.50 for the remaining 20 minutes of the 'day' rate, then come back and put a new ticket on for the 'night'. Arrrggggh.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Rosie Rant

A little fly flew into my ear today. I got him out instantly and thought I was grand. Now, though, my ear drum is sore and it's throbbing a little. Uh oh!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Jack Kanoff

Rosie Rant wrote: »
    A little fly flew into my ear today. I got him out instantly and thought I was grand. Now, though, my ear drum is sore and it's throbbing a little. Uh oh!

Was it there long enough to lay eggs?

*I may...or may not, be an evil bastard*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,587 ✭✭✭DunnoKidz

Why aren't we allowed to slap loud, inconsiderate neighbours?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

TA Can't stop coughing really don't wanna be sick at the moment nothing good to watch and I'm sick of sleep gods damn tickle cough too, ugh.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭LirW

TA that I just can't stick the carbon steel wok into the dishwasher. Hate hand cleaning it.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,708 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

DunnoKidz wrote: »
    Why aren't we allowed to slap loud, inconsiderate neighbours?

Because you'd hurt your hand, duh. :rolleyes: Instead, use a baseball bat, or a cast iron skillet, like a civilised person!

(Not an actual suggestion - please do not try this at home, or at your neighbours' house)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,700 ✭✭✭Mountainsandh

You and me both RB.
    Don't have cough yet but TA I might as well have no nose for all the use it is to me right now.

Dis reabby addoyin'

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Rosie Rant

Was it there long enough to lay eggs?

*I may...or may not, be an evil bastard*

Haha no but it may have bit me. You do have me paranoid, though! Cheers! TA'd by horror flashes of maggots in my ear.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Jack Kanoff

I hate sodding cat gifs :D

Speak of the devil, and he shall appear!

Dog-scares-cats-watching-birds.gif

To be fair, there's not only cats in it ;)

MAJOR TA: Own typing having gone to pure and utter sh#te despite being a gramar-nazi! :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭Ilovethe bonesofyou

jaxxx wrote:
    gramar

Tut tut tut.... :)

Tut tut tut.... :)

!"£$%^&*(!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I..... I did that.. on purpose.......................... ok??????

:mad:

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

DunnoKidz wrote: »
    This is me anymore ^ despite my former perfectionism traits.

The edit option is nice, BUT that 'last edited by' line . down . there . is my ta nemesis.
    It mocks me, wanting to know why and informing the world of my posting imperfections. Also it clutters up the space.

If you catch it quickly enough the "last edited by" line doesn't appear.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭Ilovethe bonesofyou

Ah fcuk it, just give me a month off with a solid week dedicated to sleep. In fact, just give me a massive lottery jackpot and erase the need to have to work at all. I don't ask for much... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,575 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

And pics.

And memes.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

There's a mouse in my classroom!!! Someone save me!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,084 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

KatW4 wrote: »
    There's a mouse in my classroom!!! Someone save me!

Either get a mass said or burn the classroom down.

(Or call the janitor!)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement