Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thinks Wich Trivilly anoy u.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Gobsh1tes driving around in falling snow with no lights on, it's hard to see in heavy snow.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

northgirl wrote: »
    Haven't had a drop to drink all weekend and feel like I've been hit by a truck this morning. :confused:

hmmm.. Withdrawal? ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭wheresmahbombs

Took a small walk and got my feet wet with the slush.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

I was meant to do some work on my CV, career planning this weekend but I've been so chill and just eating and sleeping and resting. I mightn't have the chance for a while to do this chilling out for a while again so taking advantage :D (assuaging my guilt) Just don't wanna :o

Forget the employee-sacking, apartheid-supporting - ha, not a chance! - and decades of ineffably contemptible treatment of staff and suppliers alike (in 2018 they almost make Ryanair look like employer of the year), I've got a new reason for not liking a certain supermarket chain.

When I pay for stuff in Tesco, they round it off either way and that's fine. I thought the same when I was asked to buy stuff in bastard supermarket but no, they managed to give me a full 99 cent of spluttering change back from a large bill. The little things reveal a business culture. I think I'd join the picket line if workers for bastard company finally, like the Ryanair pilots, got off their knees and brought the "We pride ourselves on being charmless sociopathic bastards to everybody" corporate culture to an end. As with the oligarch Tony O'Reilly's final fall from decades of abusing his power, it's long, long overdue for that supermarket family.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Unwrapping Starburst sweets.

Finishing a really good book, starting another book and it's not a patch on the previous one.

Mashed potatoes.
    I hate the whole preparation and cooking of them; the peeling, the washing the starch off, the boiling, the water boiling over the edges of the saucepan, then the mashing.

I bought a ricer (which does give really nice mash) which I insist on using but the hassle. Lobbing potatoes into it, squeezing the ricer, discarding the lumpy residue before lobbing more spuds in, mixing the mash with the butter, then the inevitable washing of the STUCK ON mash on the pot afterwards.

Loada sh*te!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 898 ✭✭✭Schwanz

Have 7 Guinness in the fridge, feet are cold and my back is sore.

The Guinness will help lol

• Registered Users Posts: 16,108 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Snobbish people . They get right up my nose

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭mcgiggles

Gobsh1tes driving around in falling snow with no lights on, it's hard to see in heavy snow.

Worse again I've seen people snapchatting and driving... In the snow!!! Thicks!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭nermal15

Want to go to the library to get a new book but of course it's been closed all weekend and will be tomorrow too. I can't be buying new books, I'm not made of money!

• Advertisement

Feckin' hell: this snow - get me out of here! At 6:50am this morning, Sunday, the 3-year-old walked into me in the leaba with her school bag on her shoulder over her culaith oíche. She wanted to go to "school" (montessori).

All morning she has created one imaginary world after another imaginary world full of role playing. I've just finished driving the "car" where I was, under instructions, sitting at the top of the... couch in the, eh, "driver's seat", and she was on the other side of the couch and I was driving her into "school". I was then given instructions on collecting her and driving her back.

Then I had to set the table for no fewer than 6 bears/monkeys/dolls, each of whom was in a seat. Then she had this fantastical world where Mickey Mouse was banned from having a seat because, she alleged, he had pushed one of the others dolls/monkeys/bears off a chair at dinner yesterday. So she put the big Mickey Mouse teddy bear (if a mouse can be a teddy bear!) in what in the days of the Birmingham Six, Nicky Kelly and the Guildford Four we used to call solitary confinement, in this case sitting on his own at the bottom of the stairs out in the hall. And she was very upset with him and asked me to have a word with him. So I went out, feeling perhaps like Gareth Peirce before she met Gerry Conlon, knowing full-well that Mickey Mouse was innocent. My heart went out to him all alone on the stairs. He did fúck all, yet here he was ostracised. Nevertheless, I had to go through all the motions, and come back and tell her that Mickey had great remorse on him for what he had done and wanted to come back. She sighed a big, big sigh and said he could!!! You wouldn't get this in the Abbey Theatre! This is thoroughly exhausting stuff - how do full-time childminders have the temperament to do that job? They better never go on strike!

Time to permanently end snow and bank holidays and get back to work outside the house and at this stage I'd welcome that solitary confinement outside the house!

#manwantscave

• Registered Users Posts: 18,099 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

There's a mouse loose about yer hooose

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭wheresmahbombs

I initially thought I had one looking at bloodprints earlier. Turned out it was my dad's toe.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Rosie Rant

Flight of the Conchords gig to be rescheduled because Brett broke his hand. Stupid Brett! 😜 I hope I can get the time off for the rescheduled gig, I have a bad feeling I won't.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,082 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

When presented with the bill the waiter points out that tip is not included.
    Good!!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

I order the same pizza every single Sunday and this evening it arrived with mushrooms on it. Absolutely VILE
    Feeling violent

• Registered Users Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭LirW

Picky eater, the next chapter: When your 7yo is a self-proclaimed food critic and tells you "The veg is tasteless so I'm not going to bother eating it." I suspect him to watch too many food programs...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

Ocular migraines are awful!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭TG1

KatW4 wrote: »
    Ocular migraines are awful!

They are!!!
    My TA is escape to the chateau is on the telly here, and paint drying would be more fun to watch!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,230 ✭✭✭jaxxx

TA People... Now I'm not the sort to go out willy-nilly and call people all sorts for no reason, however if some gobsh#te insists on acting like a complete and utter gobsh#te then I ain't going to keep schtum and will let rip unleashing all manner of uncensored profanity at said gobsh#te until said gobsh#te shuts the #!&$ up or poops his/her pants and goes crying home to momma. Mess with the bull and you get the horns!

Grrrr :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,815 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Hey Cat. Why piss on the outside of the stove glass unaware to me? Cos you know how when it heats up, the room will stink more and more. I'm onto you, you devious furry bastard! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Airport seats that have their backs to each other and someone sits in the seat behind you and starts to flick their hair!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Basq wrote: »
    Hey Cat. Why piss on the outside of the stove glass unaware to me? Cos you know how when it heats up, the room will stink more and more. I'm onto you, you devious furry bastard! :mad:

He wants you all to know the room is his and he just lets you sit in it! Either that or another cat pissed on the logs and he's just reclaiming it

Use a bio washing detergent to clean it not bleach as that will just set him off again

• Registered Users Posts: 16,108 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

People who walk around with a large rucksack on their back and have no self awareness . They swing about forgetting completely that they are wider than usual and invade others space

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭mohawk

I have a bit of a cough one of those cough where it hurts your chest and head. It feels like I am going to cough up a lung.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭tvercetti

Ordering a Steak Ciabatta and only getting half a ciabatta. Happens more regularly than you'd think. The steak looking all fancy sitting on half a Ciabatta so you can't just pick it up!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Poochie05 wrote: »
    Airport seats that have their backs to each other and someone sits in the seat behind you and starts to flick their hair!
    Always metal too so you end up with a freezing and sore bum.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,086 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

mohawk wrote: »
    I have a bit of a cough one of those cough where it hurts your chest and head. It feels like I am going to cough up a lung.

Ta'd I'm the same, felt like I'd smoked a 20 box of cigs in one go this morning o_O.

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Rogueish

Started a new project last night. I followed the instructions put the correct number of stitches on to start. Double checked the pattern, counted the stitches again - all was good and away I went.

Well ten balls of wool in and I'm looking at the width of the blanket (it's a bit wide but then again I did follow the pattern) and the number of balls of wool I have left and I'm thinking that I'm not going to have enough wool to finish it.

So back I go to the pattern. 74 stitches is supposed to equal 47 inches not 61 inches!!! FFS I followed the sh1tin pattern but didn't double check against the measured length and adjust my stitches accordingly.

I'm just after ripping back all 10 balls of wool and hours of work and then had to roll it all back up. I am not impressed.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

The ever increasing price of drink in pubs. It's nothing new I know, but it really is getting beyond a joke.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement