Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thinks Wich Trivilly anoy u.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭JackTaylorFan

People who try to start PM conversations with me using monosyllabic greetings and not much else.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,534 ✭✭✭KKkitty

Since her untimely death I've seen a lot of stupid variations of her name but it's definitely not Delores anyway. It's Dolores O Riordan. I'm TA'D about it so much. All articles or her Wikipedia will show you how to spell her name properly but yet so many get it so wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,115 ✭✭✭misstearheus

The cold.

KatW4 wrote: »
    This cold weather has made my lip split right down the middle. Nothing will heal it!
    Blistex / Blistese is the business. It even cures Coldsores I find.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭Bob Harris

Loud talkers. You're right beside each other. Will you shut the fuck up.

I really should be telling them and not posting here.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,761 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

Bob Harris wrote: »
    Loud talkers. You're right beside each other. Will you shut the fuck up.

I really should be telling them and not posting here.

I have to train a loud person soon. It won't matter that I'm sitting next to them, they'll bellow in my ear. I'm going to have to ask them to turn down the volume otherwise I'll be off with a migraine. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭mcgiggles

Me too today-Post related but to be fair not their fault, I ordered a couple of small batteries which would have fitted easily in a small padded envelope but were sent in a neat cardboard box - which wouldn't go in the letterbox, so I had to drive to the sorting office to collect.

Better than your postie leaving it on your doorstep. When you have an open front yard. In an estate. There for all the world to see and steal. Or the rain to p*ss on it! :-/

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭shoegal1

Myself.

Every single piece of clothing I come across in the shops that I like is immediately followed with "that's lovely but it would be horrible on me"

I'm sad that I think so negatively about my body
    :(
    Ta'd at me for the same reason. I bit the bullet and bought 3 pieces before Christmas. A month later and they're still unworn. Gonna bite the bullet and wear that sh1t :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,386 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

All the idiots driving like there was a foot of snow on the ground this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,004 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Was struck with a virus the night before last, today is my first afternoon up and awake.
    I cant talk as it makes me cough, I'm constantly cold as I cant turn the heat on as it makes the cough worse and my head is a mess.

At lunchtime, a certain someone who needs to call his mobile provider HANDED ME HIS PHONE AND TOLD ME TO RING THEM. As he is too sick.

TA at the whole situation.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭The Pheasant2

People that pronounce the antacid tablets Rennie as "renné"

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

No salary range in a job advertisement, or worse "see job description" and job description doesn't mention it either. Of course if you ask a recruiter/ potential employer what the salary range might be, you're a social pariah who might as well have asked if you could sell cocaine to their children.

People who whisper at desks. Height of ignorance. If it is so private that you need to engage in frenzied whispering, get a f*cking meeting room - there are plenty of them.

Also, you two whispering are such dry sh*tes I wouldn't be bothered listening to you anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,761 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    People who whisper at desks. Height of ignorance. If it is so private that you need to engage in frenzied whispering, get a f*cking meeting room - there are plenty of them.

Also, you two whispering are such dry sh*tes I wouldn't be bothered listening to you anyway.

It's actually worse than the loud folk. They can't help it, but whisperers are just being rude!

Aglomerado wrote: »
    It's actually worse than the loud folk. They can't help it, but whisperers are just being rude!

Exactly! Because I can only fathom two possible reasons why someone would whisper in your vicinity:

a. because they are talking about you
    b. because they are talking about something that they think you will spread around the office

Grow up people, and get a room.

TA that shop assistants feel compelled to treat you like a criminal if you return an item.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

Getting flustered in the company of someone you've the hots for. Never happened before either.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

Blistex / Blistese is the business. It even cures Coldsores I find.

Thanks, I'll try it! :)

TA: I never know what to make for dinner. It would be fine if it was just for me but I'm cooking for my mum and 2 sisters and it's impossible to keep everyone happy!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,004 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I feel a headache coming on and really sleepy.

KatW4 wrote: »
    Thanks, I'll try it! :)

TA: I never know what to make for dinner. It would be fine if it was just for me but I'm cooking for my mum and 2 sisters and it's impossible to keep everyone happy!

Make them Fajitas! sorted :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,804 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

The price of half loaves, I don't expect them to be half price but they're only a few cents cheaper than full ones. (The crows are happy I suppose when I throw out the leftovers)

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

You could freeze it.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,386 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

People that pronounce the antacid tablets Rennie as "renné"

Or people who spell "telly" as "tele". I can't help reading it in a Yorkshire accent.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,022 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Thick people on quiz shows.

The GF never understands why it annoys me so much when there is a particularly "under-whelming" pair on pointless. Surely, there should be some sort of competency-based test contestants must do before making it on the telly.

I understand there is an element of "fifteen minutes of fame" to it, but all it serves to do is annoy serious quiz hobbyists like myself :D

I know....first world problems. But I like my beer cold and my quizzes challenging

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,360 ✭✭✭NollagShona

A guy across from me cleaning his ears with a cotton bud on the train

Reading the same outrage and catastrophizing and bile and snide digs, and exactly the same people saying exactly the same thing they've said at every opportunity multiple times before. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

Make them Fajitas! sorted

Funnily enough, that's exactly what I've made!

A parent complained that I speak too quickly to the kids in my class so her son can't learn English. I speak very slowly and really pronounce my words because I had to when teaching in England.

She came in a different day then to complain that I wasn't teaching him how to join his writing! He can barely form letters correctly, let alone join them together. Plus we don't teach them to join at this age.

People really have nothing better to do than complain about stupid things.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

Adult thumb suckers.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,034 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

TA'ed that I'm not in New York on my way to Bermuda and South America because someone didn't do his job correctly!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

The raging hunger that comes after a migraine:(. I have just savaged 2 reheated slices of pizza while cooking dinner. My belly feels like a bottomless pit.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭Poochie05

smurfjed wrote: »
    TA'ed that I'm not in New York on my way to Bermuda and South America because someone didn't do his job correctly!

Does this mean that if this was still not the TA thread, that would be true and you'd be TH? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

That I've got that Venga Bus song playing in my head. And it's pretty much bedtime!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,360 ✭✭✭NollagShona

Woke up! Now can’t get back to sleep!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement