Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thinks Wich Trivilly anoy u.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 369 ✭✭Ineedaname

When you’re busy and can’t answer a call so they continue to ring you four more times. I’M STILL BUSY.

Also people who are let the call ring out and leave a message of themselves hanging up. Does. My. Head. In.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭Vel

I'll buy this large bag of fruit and nuts to snack in at my desk in work for the week, says I to myself all smug with my decision.

30 minutes after opening the bag I have eaten 2/3s and the final 1/3 were gone by the end of the day.

What is it about nuts that mean you can't stop eating them?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭LadyMacBeth_

Getting my appendix out later, TA'd at listening to people shout NURSEEEEEEE every 2 mins, the poor girls :(

I hope all goes well with the operation and that you feel better soon!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭erica74

I am having REAL DIFFICULTY understanding why people are continuing to make nonessential visits to the hospital despite there being signs everywhere saying OUTBREAK ALERT, AUTHORISED VISITATION ONLY and announcements on local radio telling people DO NOT GO TO THE HOSPITAL. I think it's because people don't actually understand what the flu is, they think they had the flu that time they had a bad cough. It is blowing my mind.

Also, people who refer to their period as their "friend", "aunt flo", their "thing" or their "yokes". I don't mind "shark week" so much but "friend" really fucking annoys me, most of all because YOUR PERIOD IS NOT YOUR FUCKING BUDDY!!!

Getting my appendix out later, TA'd at listening to people shout NURSEEEEEEE every 2 mins, the poor girls :(

My sister is a nurse and when she used to work in a hospital she was on a ward when a patient spilled a small cup of water on his table, he proceeded to wipe up the small spillage and another patient said to him "what are you doing that for, that's the nurse's job"...

Hope the operation goes well and you recover quickly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

Speedy recovery wishes x

I know what I'd do with the pillow if they're calling the nurses without good reason..

• Registered Users Posts: 16,126 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

Your Face wrote: »
    You need professional help

You need more coffee.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,174 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

erica74 wrote: »
    ..."shark week"...

:pac::pac::pac: That's actually a new one on me. Bravo! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 16,765 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

jimgoose wrote: »

It's blow job week!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭Your Face

Grayson wrote: »
    You need more coffee.

No, Im great in the mornings.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭mcgiggles

erica74 wrote:
    Also, people who refer to their period as their "friend", "aunt flo", their "thing" or their "yokes". I don't mind "shark week" so much but "friend" really ****ing annoys me, most of all because YOUR PERIOD IS NOT YOUR ****ING BUDDY!!!

Mine's called Tom (time of the month). Tom's a c*nt. But at least he tells me I'm not preggers. That's too much responsibility right now.

My TA is that I'm on honeymoon and the rain today would put Ireland to shame with the strength of it! Nothing for it but COCKTAILS!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭byronbay2

It's blow job week!

It's a week now?? YES BOY!!

When you rant at Digiweb on twitter about having no phone or Internet service since 4th Jan and really have no idea when it will be returned (maybe Monday) and they publicly ask you to pm details so they can call you.
    2 hours later, no call!

If I had Internet, I'd be looking for another provider!

• Registered Users Posts: 40,153 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

byronbay2 wrote: »
    It's a week now?? YES BOY!!

wouldnt the womans jaw get very sore?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,004 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Went to the shop and halfway up the road it decides to pour out of the heavens and I got soaked.

I don't mind "shark week" so much but "friend" really fucking annoys me, most of all because YOUR PERIOD IS NOT YOUR FUCKING BUDDY!!!

Ahhh so that's what shark week means :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,386 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

jimgoose wrote: »
    Ahhh so that's what shark week means :pac:

I can't believe people didn't know shark week.

My TA is that I burned my tongue checking the dinner for seasoning last night and everything over the temperature of approx. -17 is now burning it afresh today.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,021 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Drivers who don't have their lights on in fading light are bad enough.

But drivers who have their lights on, but one of the bulbs have blown and they are oblivious/ignorant to the potential danger that poses, are a lot worse. Especially on narrow, country roads.

It's amazing the number of them you encounter this time of year. I mean, it's not hard to know when a bulb is blown- the projection from the head-lights is all wrong.

Oh another driving TA. When your pulling out to turn right onto a main road and the lane you are wanting to enter is clear, but there is a slow driver using the lane nearest to you. By the time they pass, a stream of cars have since "emerged" in the second lane. Hurry up t'feck.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭DerekDGoldfish

In hospital at the moment having a minor surgery, everyone has been fantastic both the staff who have been very helpful and me nighbours on the ward who have brought be back goodies from the shop without asking as i cant walk that far at the moment.

However...last night for dinner we had the option of an omlette or a mixed grill (a fry with potatoes). I ordered the mixed grill and it was terrible i could have bounced the potatoes like a tennis ball tonight the options are the exact same.

While i dont expect fantastic food in a hospital and i should be out of here tomorrow, surley it would be worth some more effort to give hospital catering the funds/ability to have better food for the health/sanity of the paitents

Not sure if this is a trivial anoyance or all out rant but there you go.

As we're on driving TAs: people (it seems most people these days) who, when turning right, don't move to the extreme right hand side of their side of the road, allowing people not turning right to pass on the left! Grrrrr.

And then when the odd driver does move to the right, the idiot behind them doesn't bother passing on the left even though there's room for a bus to pass.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,386 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Dial Hard wrote:
    I'm in salary negotiations for a new role at the moment and they're balking at a couple of grand between what I want and what they're willing to pay. It's Christmas, yis miserable fcukers, and I know you can well afford it!

I was really hoping to have a formalised offer today before we finish up for Christmas but it's not looking likely at this stage.

This saga is ongoing. I've just been told there'll be an offer on the table Monday or Tuesday but "it may not be where you wanted it".

So yet another weekend of not knowing where I stand. I'm beyond p*ssed off at this stage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,083 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

TA back on antibiotics for another infection at this stage I'm more antibiotic than overgrown man child.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

TA'd that I missed the start of this thread but glad to be back with you all!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,068 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

My christmas present to myself is stuck in customs in portlaoise.
    But the only way to get it out is to employ a customs broker to fill in the form. Payment by bank transfer etc...every step seems to waste more time.
    TA at backward systems.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,732 ✭✭✭sxt

When you find the perfect item of clothing online at a bargain price but not in your size☹️

People basically just park wherever they want now, like there is literally nothing the good old orange flashers can't excuse!
    I work beside a supermarket with a reasonably large carpark attached to it, a Lidl with a large carpark, an Aldi with a large carpark and then a small complex with a pub, bank, couple of small shops and a pizza place, with a smallish carpark attached to it. EVEN WITH ALL OF THAT PARKING, PEOPLE STILL ABANDON THEIR VEHICLES ON DOUBLE YELLOW LINES WITH THE FLASHERS ON BLOCKING PEOPLE WHO ACTUALLY KNOW HOW TO DRIVE.
    For example, today, a BMW jeep parked lengthways half on the roadway but also blocking access to 3 parking spaces opposite the fish shop, with the magical flashers on. WTF IS WRONG WITH THESE PEOPLE??
    The other thing that annoys me is people in their big fancy cars parked illegally right beside pay for parking car parks, like you could afford that big car but can't afford €2 for parking?!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭gifted

People basically just park wherever they want now, like there is literally nothing the good old orange flashers can't excuse!
    I work beside a supermarket with a reasonably large carpark attached to it, a Lidl with a large carpark, an Aldi with a large carpark and then a small complex with a pub, bank, couple of small shops and a pizza place, with a smallish carpark attached to it. EVEN WITH ALL OF THAT PARKING, PEOPLE STILL ABANDON THEIR VEHICLES ON DOUBLE YELLOW LINES WITH THE FLASHERS ON BLOCKING PEOPLE WHO ACTUALLY KNOW HOW TO DRIVE.
    For example, today, a BMW jeep parked lengthways half on the roadway but also blocking access to 3 parking spaces opposite the fish shop, with the magical flashers on. WTF IS WRONG WITH THESE PEOPLE??
    The other thing that annoys me is people in their big fancy cars parked illegally right beside pay for parking car parks, like you could afford that big car but can't afford €2 for parking?!

Sharks are definetly in your feeding grounds today lol lol

• Registered Users Posts: 4,004 ✭✭✭Bredabe

People who say, just do or just ask.
    AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH, cause life is just that easy!!!!!!!!

Can't say if my ta is having so few competent people around me, or that people take it for granted that I have competent people on call.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭Bitches Be Trypsin

Passed my theory test today, which was surprising, because it was my first time and I'm a slow learner. I was delighted. However, I'm annoyed now because I've to wait three more weeks before getting a licence due to a waiting list for an eye test :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,360 ✭✭✭NollagShona

Two pikeys on the flight playing stupid videos on their phone out loud

Bon Soir a Paris btw

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

Just noticed I haven’t seen PeterParker around here for awhile, hope she’s ok.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement