Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Driver Tester Recruitment Campaign 2017 – 2018 (closing - 5.30pm Friday 5th January)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭sean3318

I haven't heard anything either. Seems very slow

• Registered Users Posts: 49 Tanky89

Wonder should i make contact im sure they have been plagued. Maybe they are pushing the rsa to make choices based on location

I thought it would have moved quicker when they had started to contact references. It will take a while for the Garda vetting to go through and organise a medical.

sean3318 wrote: »
    I thought it would have moved quicker when they had started to contact references. It will take a while for the Garda vetting to go through and organise a medical.

Would they normally inform you of the vetting process or just get it done before an offer is made

Tanky89 wrote: »
    Would they normally inform you of the vetting process or just get it done before an offer is made

I would imagine they would get it done before an offer is made. Once you are on the panel you will get an offer. By the time you get vetting and a medical done, it could take 6 weeks. Training is 7 weeks. It would take at least 3 months to have everything in order to start a job.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 755 ✭✭✭natnifnolnacs

If training is in Tallaght I wonder will they be expecting people to commute?

https://rte.ie/r.html?rii=b9_21349240_83_13-04-2018_

This is interesting. They are under a lot of pressure to get testers.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,231 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

sean3318 wrote: »
    https://rte.ie/r.html?rii=b9_21349240_83_13-04-2018_

This is interesting. They are under a lot of pressure to get testers.

20,000 no shows for test and not phoning to cancel,they will be charged anyway, thats a high amount, why not show up and take test, fail or pass.

http://www.thejournal.ie/learner-driver-test-waiting-list-3957263-Apr2018/

It looks like the Department of Transport hasn't sanctioned the panel yet. That seems to be the hold-up.

There are currently 102 driving testers, a 20% drop in the number of assessors in 2007.

There are 8 testers starting in May. I'd say they are from the previous panel that was established.

They are going to take on testers in blocks of 20 and train them up.

Any update chaps 😊

• Advertisement

Not a thing!

Not a thing!

I might ring collins today and see if they have an update its a shocking long process

Tanky89 wrote: »
    I might ring collins today and see if they have an update its a shocking long process

If you get any new information, let us know!

Anyone hear from Collins McNicholas?

read the posts just before yours!

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭IP freely

Same not heard nadda.

Letter today lads no 43 on the panel and the panel is open for two years

How many were they planning to take this year

Same letter here. Number 3 on the panel.

• Advertisement

Same letter here. Number 3 on the panel.

Noice congrats, i havent read mine just got a text from home, what else does it say

Not much else, congrats etc

" As vacancies arise, the panel will be contacted and offers will be made in order of merit. Any offers made subject to vetting/medical. Also pleae note that RSA will be in direct contact with you in relation to these specific matters...

We hpe to be in touch with you again in the coming weeks

Not much else, congrats etc

" As vacancies arise, the panel will be contacted and offers will be made in order of merit. Any offers made subject to vetting/medical. Also pleae note that RSA will be in direct contact with you in relation to these specific matters...

We hpe to be in touch with you again in the coming weeks

Keep us posted anyways, i think the original ad said they wanted 50/60 testers.
    Let us know how far away they put you

I got 28 on the panel.

I hope the offers are realistic and that it is within commuting distance. No point somebody living in Galway getting an offer in Dublin.

I think with the new rules for learner drivers is to become legislation in the summer. They anticipate they will have to take on more testers to deal with increased demand.

Well done on getting this far. I will update if I get an offer.

I also just got a garda vetting request email from RSA. No mention of a job offer though

I'd say you could be in the first batch of testers to be trained.

The CEO of the RSA sais they would be taken on in blocks of 20.

I presume vetting and medical will take a few weeks.

That could take ages for a 43 like me lol
    Wonder if they'll offer random positions and people will drop out

Any update lads

Nope. I'm getting garda vetted at the moment, so that'll take a week at least. i doubt I'll hear any more until that comes through

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 Jusayinisall

Does anyone know the situation with the training? Where and how long that takes?

Advertisement