Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Driver Tester Recruitment Campaign 2017 – 2018 (closing - 5.30pm Friday 5th January)

Options
191011121315»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Moll7871

Cork1297 wrote: »
    Yes. I have been called for Tuesday. Good luck.

Iv got my assessment Monday, any tips or prep that can be done?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Cork1297

Moll7871 wrote: »
    Iv got my assessment Monday, any tips or prep that can be done?

There is some good info a few pages into this thread. Apparently there is a scenario where you must deal with a irate or nervous driver. Tbh I was excited about it until I start reading the threads. It seems it is a long drawn out process with the end result possibly being offered a place far from home. I feel I’m going through the motions just for the sake of it but who knows. I have seen new testers in Cork so maybe those places are filled.

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭ChrissieH

Did any of the recent applicants get any contact as to whether they've gotten through to the driving test stage of the application process?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,554 ✭✭✭✭alwaysadub

Friend was originally unsuccessful but got a call wondering would she still be interested, has her driving test in the next few weeks.
    Does anyone know what a typical working week would be hours wise? Can you set the tests to suit your own hours or are they set for you?

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Mac Bluecheese

Has anyone heard anything lately? The last contact I had was back in March telling me I had passed the driving test stage and to send them my referees. My referees were contacted a week later and I have heard absolutely nothing from them since. You'd think they would at least have the decency to let you know either way after all the effort 🙄

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭wedger

Has anyone heard anything lately? The last contact I had was back in March telling me I had passed the driving test stage and to send them my referees. My referees were contacted a week later and I have heard absolutely nothing from them since. You'd think they would at least have the decency to let you know either way after all the effort 🙄

I turned it down way back before Xmas - only offering an 18 month contract and it can be cancelled y either side at any time without reason. Also if you’re posted to a quiet test center you can be posted around the country at RSA request (you will of course get a subsistence payment).
    ABSOLUTELY no guarantee of being retained after 18 months and chances are you’re so far down the list they won’t have a vacancy for you. Basically what they are doing is building up a panel to help relieve the pressure with the back log of learner drivers... I think once that panel has been reduced any one down the list would be at a high risk of being let go.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 camki

Has anyone heard anything lately? The last contact I had was back in March telling me I had passed the driving test stage and to send them my referees. My referees were contacted a week later and I have heard absolutely nothing from them since. You'd think they would at least have the decency to let you know either way after all the effort ��

Did you ever get a start?

Advertisement