Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Driver Tester Recruitment Campaign 2017 – 2018 (closing - 5.30pm Friday 5th January)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Anysavage

I think there was 42 questions in the first part, and the second part was a countdown timer and not a set amount of questions.

Interesting! So how points were awarded per question was not fed back and clearly if 45 was cut off point ??? To get 53 means some questions were at .5 mark???? Sounds very questionable. Anyway maybe the rsa will cop on that to recruit without experience or qualifications is in fact unbelievably unfair to those who have many years as a tester maybe in another jouristiction or as a police officer in the traffic Corp? I'm not saying these are the only people but I'd like to think that my kids nurse in a&e didn't only ever work in a nursing home!

pajopearl wrote: »
    As in your own home turf. I.E. I'm in Cork, I'd imagine I'll do my test, if successful, in Cork City or possibly Mallow. Anywhere there's a test centre which isn't too far of a drive from home basically.

Have you been told location yet? Last time people were brought from Donegal and sligo to Dublin for driving tests!! Also remember it states in FAQ that you can be placed 'anywhere' for 2 years.... but if you would really like the job then these are hurdles that can be overtaken...if you want that job!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭Engine No.9

Anysavage wrote: »
    Have you been told location yet? Last time people were brought from Donegal and sligo to Dublin for driving tests!! Also remember it states in FAQ that you can be placed 'anywhere' for 2 years.... but if you would really like the job then these are hurdles that can be overtaken...if you want that job!

Yeah, just out the assessment centre. Interview section was tough enough. It's only 15 minutes and there's only 3/4 questions, so trying to get out all the information you want to get out is challenging. Driving test is going to be done from Tallaght test centre or so we were told.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,341 ✭✭✭D Trent

Driving test will probably be done locally as it will be 2 supervisor testers doing it with you. If not locally, I'd imagine a town or 2 over. A lot of people will have done a lot of traveling to the assessment centre so may not want to put people to extra expense.

What makes you say 2 supervisors?

D Trent wrote: »
    What makes you say 2 supervisors?

Pretty sure it says it in the booklet. That, plus the fact it was confirmed at the assessment centre

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

How many jobs are being filled from these top 400 candidates?

Pretty sure it says it in the booklet. That, plus the fact it was confirmed at the assessment centre

Well done. You dud well hopefully. Did you have face to face role play? Plus an interview or a group scenario situation? Interviews were later (after driving test last time)!

There will be two supervisers/testers in each car doing the driving test which will be at least an hour long. You will be told if you got through that by email. My advice is spend a few bob on a few lessons in the vacinity... tallaght is a big place! You must pass it, like as if you were doing an actual test but a bit longer. Included will be a bit of motorway (merging and diverging)...

Someone else might come on and advise the areas to look out for... you would imagine the 7 weeks training would cover this but that's why they want a full licence for 5 years!

How many jobs are being filled from these top 400 candidates?

Henry ford the 400 will be culled very much these 2 weeks via this recruitment crowd. If you get through this quagmire then I'd imagine max 200 will be driving tested ... that will drop 200 to about 40... natural decisions to not want to give up a job and medical or vetting issues will drop these to 30.... need I go on with my opinion !!!

Anysavage wrote: »
    Well done. You dud well hopefully. Did you have face to face role play? Plus an interview or a group scenario situation? Interviews were later (after driving test last time)!

There will be two supervisers/testers in each car doing the driving test which will be at least an hour long. You will be told if you got through that by email. My advice is spend a few bob on a few lessons in the vacinity... tallaght is a big place! You must pass it, like as if you were doing an actual test but a bit longer. Included will be a bit of motorway (merging and diverging)...

Someone else might come on and advise the areas to look out for... you would imagine the 7 weeks training would cover this but that's why they want a full licence for 5 years!

Yeah. The assessment centre covered role play, scenarios, group activity and a face to face interview. In and out 8n a little over 2 hours. A bit of waiting time between rooms aswell

Yeah. The assessment centre covered role play, scenarios, group activity and a face to face interview. In and out 8n a little over 2 hours. A bit of waiting time between rooms aswell

Pajopearl how many interviewed you. What kind of interview took place in that length of time and how many interviewed you??

You should hear about your success wk after end of assessments in time to book slots for driving tests... my advice is take time off to go to Tallaght to practice!!

• Advertisement

Anyone know can you pm on Boards?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,596 ✭✭✭Hitman3000

Anysavage wrote:
    Anyone know can you pm on Boards?

You can afaik but check the forum charter first.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,052 ✭✭✭tuisginideach

50 Verbal reasoning 38 Attention to Detail = 88 => average 44

You had to achieve a score of 45 and above in the Verbal Reasoning assessment, a score of 45 and above in the Ability to Concentrate/ Attention to Detail assessment and a score of above 55 when scores were averaged to be called.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Twilbegrand

Are the assessments still going on this week?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Chapter2.0

Attended the assessments yesterday. Going on all this week aswell. Interviewer said we would receive feedback next week.

Interestingly, I just looked back at my post following the Assessments - only got 17 of the Verbal Reasoning done but scored 50! Thought the Attention to Detail was a sinch - only scored 38! :mad:
    50 Verbal reasoning 38 Attention to Detail = 88 => average 44

You had to achieve a score of 45 and above in the Verbal Reasoning assessment, a score of 45 and above in the Ability to Concentrate/ Attention to Detail assessment and a score of above 55 when scores were averaged to be called.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Chapter2.0

Interestingly, I just looked back at my post following the Assessments - only got 17 of the Verbal Reasoning done but scored 50! Thought the Attention to Detail was a sinch - only scored 38! :mad:

Where can you see your scores?

Those who didn't get called back were informed we could ask for feedback by emailing them with ID number.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 mark3f

I'm a civil servant and have been invited to the assessment centre.

I wonder if I was offered this position would I have to leave the CS to take it or is it like transferring to Dept of Transport??

Don't like the idea of being unemployed after the 2 year contract and giving up a secure employment.

Anyone any info?

Take career break?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

mark3f wrote: »
    I'm a civil servant and have been invited to the assessment centre.

I wonder if I was offered this position would I have to leave the CS to take it or is it like transferring to Dept of Transport??

Don't like the idea of being unemployed after the 2 year contract and giving up a secure employment.

Anyone any info?

Assuming you're happy where you are it'd be crazy to give up the security of oyur current role.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Tony Galvin

Anyone get any news/feedback yet?

Anyone get any news/feedback yet?

Nope - did they say when this week they would be out?

Nope - did they say when this week they would be out?

AFAIK it's likely to be Friday or early next week. Assessment Centres being held today and tomorrow so won't be until Wednesday at the very earliest but I think the girl at mine said the end of the week or early next week

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭aka_alex

Attended for assessment last week and were told that results would be out within the following two weeks. Driving test to be held in Tallaght, that will be fun.......

next week it is so...

next week it is so...

Looks like

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Suaeva

I got a phone call today telling me I am through to the final stage and to book me in for my test, really nervous about it now even though I’ve been driving for nearly 9 years 🙈

Suaeva wrote: »
    I got a phone call today telling me I am through to the final stage and to book me in for my test, really nervous about it now even though I’ve been driving for nearly 9 years 🙈

Got a phone call yesterday, a Saturday of all days, to tell me the same. Nervous as hell too. Got my license almost exactly 10 years ago. A test is still a test.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35 Suaeva

Got a phone call yesterday, a Saturday of all days, to tell me the same. Nervous as hell too. Got my license almost exactly 10 years ago. A test is still a test.

Best of luck! I have booked a lesson to brush up on the rules of the road. I’ve never set foot in Tallaght,.. I hope that it won’t be too much of a disadvantage to have no local knowledge

Advertisement