Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Driver Tester Recruitment Campaign 2017 – 2018 (closing - 5.30pm Friday 5th January)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Anysavage

wedger wrote: »
    This is for interview and role play etc

And lads can I ask did you already think you had not got past the online part? If so, had you asked for feedback on your online stuff? Be interested to hear! Tnx.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 east1999

just got a call thursday to go and do a driving test

Looking at this forum alot seem to have allready been through this.

Is there any point at this stage surly they must have their quota by now

east1999 wrote: »
    just got a call thursday to go and do a driving test

Looking at this forum alot seem to have allready been through this.

Is there any point at this stage surly they must have their quota by now

If uv got an invite it means they are stepping outside the 400 original invitees? You got that sorry but you didn't make the cut letter right? In my humble opinion, they have had wholesale drop outs due to non specific job locations and 2 year 'panel' ... In fairness, who would run the risk of giving up current employment for 'the chance' you'd get through the training and still be given sorry but at the end... So I'd say they've had to expand on the original 400 and yes it there to go for... Read all the threads regarding the process. But, I'm confused how you jumped the roleplay section to driving test!! Good luck. Keep us posted!

Anysavage wrote: »
    If uv got an invite it means they are stepping outside the 400 original invitees? You got that sorry but you didn't make the cut letter right? In my humble opinion, they have had wholesale drop outs due to non specific job locations and 2 year 'panel' ... In fairness, who would run the risk of giving up current employment for 'the chance' you'd get through the training and still be given sorry but at the end... So I'd say they've had to expand on the original 400 and yes it there to go for... Read all the threads regarding the process. But, I'm confused how you jumped the roleplay section to driving test!! Good luck. Keep us posted!

Sorry
    I did the role play etc last week also

• Registered Users Posts: 49 Tanky89

Anybody on the original panel hear back yet?
    Im 43, not had anything back yet at all

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭sean3318

Tanky89 wrote: »
    Anybody on the original panel hear back yet?
    Im 43, not had anything back yet at all
    No I'm 28 on the panel. I don't think we will hear anything for a while yet. The first batch haven't started training yet.

sean3318 wrote: »
    No I'm 28 on the panel. I don't think we will hear anything for a while yet. The first batch haven't started training yet.

How many is on the orginal panel does anyone know

• Registered Users Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Bazzy

I done the assessment center and have a driving test Tuesday got the call last Tuesday

At the assessment center day they told us they want to get 150 on the panel.

With the backlog queues and stuff i'd imagine they will up skill as many incumbent staff as possible to do lorries and trucks and buses and possibly open more testing facilites

Can anyone let me know whats involved apart from the obvious in the driving element
    On here or by PM please

From what I remember it was Category B testers they were looking for.

I remember when I spoke with Collins Nicholas they weren't impressed with how they were managing the panel. Looks like they were right.

Has anyone actually taken up work yet or at least gone through the training peroid.would appreciate any info whether on here or by pm

• Advertisement

Has anyone actually taken up work yet or at least gone through the training peroid.would appreciate any info whether on here or by pm

East1999 the 2016 recruitment campaign panel are only put in place in jobs now. They were put all over the country first and now only given center bases...from what I read. They are probably the ones that lasted the pace, took offers and got through the 'play the game' section. It's not nice being put 2 or 3 hours drive away from home and in possible different direction every other week!
    Current trainees would not be working yet I would imagine. The radio has discussions every other day about the bad way the whole testing is run... Back to 6 months waiting again and no cure in sight!

• Registered Users Posts: 755 ✭✭✭natnifnolnacs

The first batch (8) are due to start training at the end of the month. I believe there should be another batch training mid June.

Thanks

Dont think i got on to well on my test ,fingers crossed that marking is not to severe

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Sebvet5

Thanks

Dont think i got on to well on my test ,fingers crossed that marking is not to severe

Any tips on the driving test? I have mine on Friday.

Sebvet5 wrote: »

speed limits! There are plenty of 30kmph zones around now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Bazzy

I done the test on Tuesday

two examiners with you one in the front talks one in the back doesnt

Loads of estate driving and a spin on the motorway

test was the guts of an hour they've a few different routes

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭wedger

Anybody on here started the training yet?

Didnt see your question how did it go for you

So has anyone got a call back or rejection from phase 2 yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Fitz33

So has anyone got a call back or rejection from phase 2 yet?
    Got a email on Monday the 28th to supply 3 references.

• Advertisement

Fitz33 wrote: »
    Got a email on Monday the 28th to supply 3 references.

Got e-mail this morning too. I have 2 good references wonder would that do?

Got e-mail this morning too. I have 2 good references wonder would that do?

Give two,.I am sure they will email you if they need more.

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭IP freely

They ask for 3 but contact 2. They did however contact reference 1 and 3 that I supplied.

IP freely wrote: »
    They ask for 3 but contact 2. They did however contact reference 1 and 3 that I supplied.

I managed to drum up 3, sure we’ll see how they go!
    @IP Freely did you get an offer for a position or are you waiting?

Any word yet lads has anyone else been offered a position or are they still just working on the firat 8 recruits

Any word yet lads has anyone else been offered a position or are they still just working on the firat 8 recruits

No word yet bud

There is another batch being trained starting 18th June

I emailed the rsa, they said that each time they seek to take on 8 recruits, they have to seek approvel from the department of transport!!

Bit slow, does anyone know if they are still on the first 8?

The first 8 started training in late May. The second batch is starting next week.

I emailed the rsa, they said that each time they seek to take on 8 recruits, they have to seek approvel from the department of transport!!

Bit slow, does anyone know if they are still on the first 8?

• Advertisement

sean3318 wrote: »
    The first 8 started training in late May. The second batch is starting next week.

Any idea if anymore dropped out

Advertisement