Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Driver Tester Recruitment Campaign 2017 – 2018 (closing - 5.30pm Friday 5th January)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭Engine No.9

IP freely wrote: »
    Was told not to expect a response on how I got on until Tuesday or Wednesday fortnight.

:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 755 ✭✭✭natnifnolnacs

Finished my test earlier today. As posted previously, it isn't easy. Fairly ignorant drivers really don't help when you are trying to change lanes, or navigate unfamiliar roads.

I was caught out badly by some of the new speed zones - 30kmph roads in some of the estates. It depends what way they mark it I guess!

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Suaeva

Finished my test earlier today. As posted previously, it isn't easy. Fairly ignorant drivers really don't help when you are trying to change lanes, or navigate unfamiliar roads.

I was caught out badly by some of the new speed zones - 30kmph roads in some of the estates. It depends what way they mark it I guess!
    Thanks so much for all that! Did they make you lift the bonnet etc? Absolutely dreading it!

Suaeva wrote: »
    Thanks so much for all that! Did they make you lift the bonnet etc? Absolutely dreading it!

No, they ask a few technical questions suck as how would you test the handbrake, how would you test brake lights on your own...no rules of the road stuff at all.

Then down to the car and they tested the lights and indicators. Bonnet wasn't lifted so it pretty much is a full hour driving with a tiny bit of theory.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,341 ✭✭✭D Trent

Has anyone established if the highest scoring 10 20 30? are put on a panel or will it be lads start your training now

• Advertisement

D Trent wrote: »
    Has anyone established if the highest scoring 10 20 30? are put on a panel or will it be lads start your training now

I believe they are aiming for a panel of 100 people. I can't see them being trained all at once, so I'd imagine they will train in batches to fill available positions.

I've not heard a peep since, has anyone heard anything?

I've not heard a peep since, has anyone heard anything?

They said they’d be doing tests until wed/thurs this week so it’ll probably be Easter week

Suaeva wrote: »
    They said they’d be doing tests until wed/thurs this week so it’ll probably be Easter week

Thanks for that. i thought they were finished testing last week, so that makes a bit more sense. I'll continue to wait (im)patiently so!

• Registered Users Posts: 259 ✭✭piobhan

Thanks for that. i thought they were finished testing last week, so that makes a bit more sense. I'll continue to wait (im)patiently so!

I had my test Wednesday 14th, they said to us on that day to enjoy the bank holiday weekend and we would know by the end of this week apparently, good luck to whoever is left in it.

Funny, I met a lad who was at the same assessment day as me in Mullingar, you know who you are, pm me if you want and let me know how you got on,

• Advertisement

Anybody heard anything yet?

I just got an email there - pass! Now I have to tell my current employer to expect a reference call.....They are contacting references starting next Monday so I'd imagine everyone should hear today.

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭IP freely

Got the same email. I'm Buzzing!!!

I really didn't think I don't that great on the test TBH. Must have been overly critically myself.

IP freely wrote: »
    Got the same email. I'm Buzzing!!!

I really didn't think I don't that great on the test TBH. Must have been overly critically myself.

Yeah, I was fairly sure I had failed.

The problem now is we still have no idea if there are vacancies in our jurisdiction, and if there are, how far up the list are we?

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭aka_alex

I got email too, am thrilled as thought I'd done a bad test. Well done to all who got through.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Bambi12

Didnt get any emails not to confident

• Registered Users Posts: 8 simpletruth

Yeah, it's over now it seems for those of us that didn't get an email. Commiserations folks.

Yet, important to remember location of employment is dependent on waiting lists and relocating far from home might have been problematical, would have for me anyway.

Anyone get a regret email yet? Or are they still sending out emails to the ones who passed?

• Registered Users Posts: 12 mark3f

Still waiting on news too, I'm not feeling confident though.

Still waiting. Called looking for feedback but straight to voicemail

• Advertisement

Don’t feel confident either but I would like to be put out of my misery!

They rang me back. Yer man didn’t have my feedback to hand apparently but said all candidates will be notified by COB Wednesday

Thanks for that!
    pajopearl wrote: »
    They rang me back. Yer man didn’t have my feedback to hand apparently but said all candidates will be notified by COB Wednesday

My references were checked yesterday. It still seems odd to me that they are checking references before you know if there is a job or not!

Still no contact regarding medical or vetting so I've sent them an email asking about the panel itself. Are we numbered and how they decide who is offered a job etc. Hopefully will get some sort of response!

Has anyone else heard back?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Jusayinisall

Still no contact regarding medical or vetting so I've sent them an email asking about the panel itself. Are we numbered and how they decide who is offered a job etc. Hopefully will get some sort of response!

Has anyone else heard back?

Nothing here either, was starting to think they forgot about me! Has anyone received any feedback at all yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭sean3318

Yes, I still haven't heard anything back regarding vetting and medical. I presume we will hear something this week.

I spoke to the recruiters about an hour ago. They have handed over the first batch of people that have had their references checked. The bad news, is that apparently the RSA won't offer jobs based on location. You could be offered a position anywhere in the country, and if you say no you are off the panel.
    That's the way they worked the last panel is what the recruiter said! A fairly ridiculous system, but I guess you can just hope to get something within a commutable distance and then put in for a transfer.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭sean3318

I spoke to the recruiters two weeks ago as well. The told me that the RSA wouldn't be offering the jobs based on location. They have advised them not to do that as the last time they had a panel, they didn't manage it wisely.

I think we will have to wait and see what happens. If they don't offer the jobs based on location they will run in to difficulties. I had heard that they were looking for a lot of testers in Tallaght.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 49 Tanky89

Has anyone heard anything yet at all? Had references checked nearly two weeks ago now

Advertisement