Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Driver Tester Recruitment Campaign 2017 – 2018 (closing - 5.30pm Friday 5th January)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭sean3318

It looks like it as they invited more people to assessment centre and driving test.
    Tanky89 wrote: »
    Any idea if anymore dropped out

• Registered Users Posts: 49 Tanky89

sean3318 wrote: »
    It looks like it as they invited more people to assessment centre and driving test.

We might not bw too far away from getting a call then. Im 43 on the panel but atleast 3 guys om here dropped out already. Be safe to assume 20-24 are off the panel between those accepting the role and those not

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭wedger

We might not bw too far away from getting a call then. Im 43 on the panel but atleast 3 guys om here dropped out already. Be safe to assume 20-24 are off the panel between those accepting the role and those not

@Tanky89 were you given your number on the panel after all the process ie interview references etc?

ThEy have been contacting references last few days I think. This is a very slow process by the looks of it. Any idea where those that were made an offer are to be posted? I asked at interview stage and they said this “was a nationwide recruitment “ so it might be favourable for people outside of Dublin.

Heard rumblings that these are only 2 year contracts? Any further info on that from anyone?

wedger wrote: »
    @Tanky89 were you given your number on the panel after all the process ie interview references etc?

ThEy have been contacting references last few days I think. This is a very slow process by the looks of it. Any idea where those that were made an offer are to be posted? I asked at interview stage and they said this “was a nationwide recruitment “ so it might be favourable for people outside of Dublin.

Heard rumblings that these are only 2 year contracts? Any further info on that from anyone?

I got my number after the reference check

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭puntypower

Does anyone know the latest selection of places to work with the second batch of training?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 Milkman69

puntypower wrote: »
    Does anyone know the latest selection of places to work with the second batch of training?
    No choice offered to second batch. I was numbered between 10-15, only offered Wicklow, a few days to think about it, had to refuse, 6 hour round trip for me.
    So dissappointed after all my effort.
    3 candidates at least had refused prior to myself.

Milkman69 wrote: »
    No choice offered to second batch. I was numbered between 10-15, only offered Wicklow, a few days to think about it, had to refuse, 6 hour round trip for me.

Milkman Are you from the first batch or the second batch that started interviews etc in May?
    This is a very slow system

Milkman Are you from the first batch or the second batch that started interviews etc in May?
    This is a very slow system

First batch of interviews last Feb.
    So would have been part of the second batch of 8 for training.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,646 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

No loss Milkman69. The entire process was flawed.

There should have been some degree of consideration of location of the candidate against the location of the vacanacy imho. 1 hour commute max. sort of thing.

No loss Milkman69. The entire process was flawed.

There should have been some degree of consideration of location of the candidate against the location of the vacanacy imho. 1 hour commute max. sort of thing.

Most annoying thing is that collins macnicholas had advised them strongly against this system because it was an absolute flop last time around.

Like they go to the effort of ranking us based on their perception of our individual merit, and then consciously decide to loose those they had ranked the most favouably by offering jobs miles away.

• Advertisement

If I had known last January that Wicklow was the HQ in question I could have saved myself a lot of hassle.
    I have learned since that despite the fact that the RSA have 50 test centres only some of these are used as HQs.........ie. A driving test centre near your home town might never be available to a driving tester as a HQ.

If I had known last January that Wicklow was the HQ in question I could have saved myself a lot of hassle.
    I have learned since that despite the fact that the RSA have 50 test centres only some of these are used as HQs.........ie. A driving test centre near your home town might never be available to a driving tester as a HQ.

So how does that work? Your assigned a hq and not a centre?

Exactly and every odd week you could be based at another test centre (one that operates partime only or one that needs extra staff during busy periods).
    When assigned away from HQ mileage is calculated on distance from HQ to centre in question.
    So travel or nights in hotels are common.

Exactly and every odd week you could be based at another test centre (one that operates partime only or one that needs extra staff during busy periods).
    When assigned away from HQ mileage is calculated on distance from HQ to centre in question.
    So travel or nights in hotels are common.

I've heard of publuc sector in efficiency but good christ thats arseways

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭sean3318

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/ireland/irish-news/panel-of-100-driving-testers-set-up-to-meet-expected-surge-in-demand-1.3543443?mode=amp

This is interesting. Looks like they will hire over 60 testers on a demand basis once the legislation is passed. Looks like this legislation will be passed this week.

Hi all has anyone from the second phase heard anything back yet?
    Can anyone who got to the end in phase one let me know if all contact is made through e-mail? I’ve done assessments passed driving test and submitted references? I was just wondering if the next phase - vetting (I think) is contact for this made through e-mail?

Hi all has anyone from the second phase heard anything back yet?
    Can anyone who got to the end in phase one let me know if all contact is made through e-mail? I’ve done assessments passed driving test and submitted references? I was just wondering if the next phase - vetting (I think) is contact for this made through e-mail?

When did you get contacted for references

When did you get contacted for references

I got an email asking me for 3 references I think it was at end of May. I sent them back and got confirmation of receipt of them and haven’t heard anything since. Just a bit worried in case there is correspondence by post as I live in apt block and we’ve had issues of post being robbed from post boxes

I got an email asking me for 3 references I think it was at end of May. I sent them back and got confirmation of receipt of them and haven’t heard anything since. Just a bit worried in case there is correspondence by post as I live in apt block and we’ve had issues of post being robbed from post boxes

Ah your in the newer group lad like i got my panel # in march, im 43, two groups of 8 taken already and sounds like atleast 4 dropped out of each offering so around 24 gone from that first group im in, with the time it takes them i wouldn't think id even hear from them with an offer until autumn

Ah your in the newer group lad like i got my panel # in march, im 43, two groups of 8 taken already and sounds like atleast 4 dropped out of each offering so around 24 gone from that first group im in, with the time it takes them i wouldn't think id even hear from them with an offer until autumn

This is taking too long. Working at this pace I’ll never get a call up. It should have been done on a regional basis - going through 8 at a time will take years to get up to the 70 odd they require.
    Was all your correspondence through e-mail?

• Advertisement

This is taking too long. Working at this pace I’ll never get a call up. It should have been done on a regional basis - going through 8 at a time will take years to get up to the 70 odd they require.
    Was all your correspondence through e-mail?

Post for the panel, think the vetting was email a few posts from here said

Has anyone from the second batch heard anything yet? Lad I done driving test with got a letter this morning with his place on panel - I’m hoping post is late for me!!! Mind you he’s that far down it could be years before he gets a call!!!

Has anyone from the second batch heard anything yet? Lad I done driving test with got a letter this morning with his place on panel - I’m hoping post is late for me!!! Mind you he’s that far down it could be years before he gets a call!!!

What number did he get out of interest

Into the 70’s I think

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭BABYDOLL

Any updates on where they are up to on Panel numbers?

Anyone hear back yet from the initial panel?

Gone very quiet all round! As said before process is very slow

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭puntypower

Got Garda vetting through on email I'm in the high teens

puntypower wrote: »
    Got Garda vetting through on email I'm in the high teens

Not holding out my hope for me i’m About 40 behind you... keep us posted punty on how you get on.
    New “Clancy” amendment I think in place now meaning offence for learner drivers to drive unaccompanied... will see a surge in licence applications

• Advertisement

Not holding out my hope for me i’m About 40 behind you... keep us posted punty on how you get on.
    New “Clancy” amendment I think in place now meaning offence for learner drivers to drive unaccompanied... will see a surge in licence applications

I got my vetting email today. Once thats in and all clear they said they'd get back to us by 10th August.

Advertisement