Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Share Picks 2018

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,322 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Sold my BOI shares yesterday (BIRG) for a small profit (bought at €5.01 and sold at €5.15), Brexit risk for any stock with exposure to the UK market has me running scared. MU and NOK are on my watchlist for the next few days, particularly MU which seems seriously underpriced currently (even taking into account earning figures yesterday).

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭q85dw7osi4lebg

Hardly surprising that they increased rates yesterday, was is surprising is their forecast of two hikes next year rather than a wait & see approach

It was predictable alright but prior to the news the S&P was up quite a bit.

Watching:

BRK B
    AMAZON
    BOEING
    FB
    JPM
    TESLA

Absolute carnage!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Jesus....think ill stay logged out til january

• Registered Users Posts: 2,735 ✭✭✭crushproof

Can't believe I cancelled my VKTX at $18 sell order a couple of months ago when it jumped up.

Horrorshow

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,869 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Funny how Red every day becomes normal so quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 990 ✭✭✭cefh17

Well this was a good year to start buying shares (:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

cefh17 wrote: »
    Well this was a good year to start buying shares (:

The end part of the year you mean! Like the last 2 days in particular.

Only way is up baby... hodl

It's a good test in not buckling and selling, mostly in on A40 (Old TAW)

cefh17 wrote: »
    It's a good test in not buckling and selling, mostly in on A40 (Old TAW)
    I have no problem putting my A40 and PLS in a drawer for a couple of years, its inevitable when you consider the amount of gigafactories being built and the movement away from fossil fuels, when the time comes theres very few options for battery grade lithium and demand is going to skyrocket.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

Lol what a rollercoaster. The year started with TAW tip and look where we are now :pac:
    Seriously though
    Is now a good time to get in on TAW ... A40?

A40 and PLS are my only significant holdings now but Id be nervous buying anything atm.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Pussyhands

I'm getting excited..

I only got into investing in August - have 600 in shares.

But I like seeing this go down and down. Hope it tanks 50%.

I won't be buying anything for now...will see how the economy goes the next couple quarters.

But the lower it goes, the bigger the profit for when I do go on. Bear markets can last a couple years..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

I'll take a dip in Jan if they're still down.

JPM, MSFT, JNJ are all looking tasty.

I have a price set for FB, NVDA, AAPL, BRKB, WM, BA that if hit i'll jump on.

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭beaner92

Skelet0n wrote: »
    Don’t fancy your chances mate.

Say again?

Where are you getting put contracts? Do they do these in Degiro?

Thanks

Interactive brokers. best for retail imo.

beaner92 wrote: »
    I am on the other side of this via put contracts For the last few weeks. It is closer to the 52w low than the 52w high. Tgt 7.50 in January.

https://media.giphy.com/media/l0HlwaXhhuDnSi9So/giphy.gif

7.18usd .... Mike drop..

In all seriousness, i think we will continue to see bearish sentiment and chop till mid 19. I do not recommend buy anything now with the aim to hold. Even when the sp500 bounces and CNBC tells you all is well and its time to buy.
    If you can short or buy cheap puts do that. Do not buy !

Also I am not saying by puts now.... Short the rally. Do not short at the bottom.

I am on the other side of this via put contracts For the last few weeks. It is closer to the 52w low than the 52w high. Tgt 7.50 in January.
    Skelet0n wrote: »
    Don’t fancy your chances mate.

BTW the strategy is simple. In theory if a stock continues to make lower lows and in the last 52 weeks it has made multiple lows. The TREND is highly likely to continue. The inverse is the same for stocks making new highs.

Here is where I find these stocks making new highs and new lows : https://www.barchart.com/stocks/highs-lows?timeFrame=6m&screener=large_cap&orderBy=lowPercent6m&orderDir=desc

for me If a stock has made more than 5 new lows in the last 52 weeks in my opinion the trend is bearish and I will buy puts. If multiple stocks in that sector are all making new lows ie financials or pharmaceuticals then that is clear confirmation !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭kerryjack

How many more trading days left this year i have a few kerry shares to sell in new year i am expecting a bit of a bounce.

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭1st dalkey dalkey

Interactive brokers. best for retail imo.

Anyone know what the position will be for these online companies post a no deal Brexit?
    I know that Degiro is Dutch so there should be no difference there.
    But Interactive Investors is UK based. Will they be still able to offer services in the EU?

• Advertisement

Anyone know what the position will be for these online companies post a no deal Brexit?
    I know that Degiro is Dutch so there should be no difference there.
    But Interactive Investors is UK based. Will they be still able to offer services in the EU?

I doubt there will be any hiccup in service.

January sales:

BRK B

TESLA

BA

Merry Christmas

• Registered Users Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭Islander13

Be greedy when others are fearful

Islander13 wrote: »
    Be greedy when others are fearful

I follow that motto but I reckon the fear is only beginning!

Interesting year ahead folks.

January sales:

BRK B

TESLA

BA

Merry Christmas

At what point do you decide it's time to catch the falling knife?

Merry Christmas, this thread has been interesting to read and follow this year :)

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭vargoo

I follow that motto but I reckon the fear is only beginning!

Interesting year ahead folks.

People been saying that for the last 10 years

• Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭greenfield21

Such an exciting time to be holding stocks!! Good luck to all in 2019. Share picks 2019 thread, anyone brave enough?

Such an exciting time to be holding stocks!! Good luck to all in 2019. Share picks 2019 thread, anyone brave enough?

I will be heavy net short for at least the Q1 . With my portfolio 80% short real estate and bank stocks and 20% long Emerging Market debt.

#past results are not indicative of future performance :)

We have been in a bull market for 10 years... and every year someone tries to call the top... Now with a 20% drop people are already calling the bottom.... STAY SHORT :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭dickface

Are we the USA now? I guess culturally we are becoming more like them so why not in the markets too?

Advertisement