Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Share Picks 2018

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

garrettod wrote: »
    I initially thought that was a joke, but he'd forgotten to put a smiley at the end of it.... can't believe it's for real (or that it's even allowed here).

You can report it, I tried but I'm not taken seriously because of my maverick investment style. Blame Canada :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Gruffalo22

I think it’s a typo for free. Has to be.

Yes definitely is

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭Skelet0n

I've got $DARE and $PIRS. Dunno about another 100%+ return like $VKTX but we'll see.

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭MikeSoys

Is there any reason to sell microsoft if you don't have to. It's one of those buy and forget about it shares I reckon.

i had a sizable number of MSFT i bought at $25 . I sold them at $89 - i think there is a storm brewing in stock market ...the stock market music is slowing... will look to get back in once there is a REAL correction.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭whatever76

MikeSoys wrote: »
    i had a sizable number of MSFT i bought at $25 . I sold them at $89 - i think there is a storm brewing in stock market ...the stock market music is slowing... will look to get back in once there is a REAL correction.

Nice sale there :) - they hit 52 week high of $102 during week after GitHub purchase. Be watching it carefully as still holding on - FY18 earnings out end of month so that will tell a lot as well - the trend seems to be with MSFT at the minute but how long last another thing !

• Advertisement

whatever76 wrote: »
    Nice sale there :) - they hit 52 week high of $102 during week after GitHub purchase. Be watching it carefully as still holding on - FY18 earnings out end of month so that will tell a lot as well - the trend seems to be with MSFT at the minute but how long last another thing !

MSFT - i think is a great company..all the FANGS are overpriced and everyone is issuing share buybacks. i think it will be some unrelated issue that will cause a correction...prob central banks :-) and the dept problem they never actually fixed the last time. ... automated trading is huge now so aggressive corrections will be a chance to get back in...but im slowly leaving the party (selling my stocks) until i can buy more stocks cheaply... CASH WILL BE KING AGAIN!

MikeSoys wrote: »
    MSFT - i think is a great company..all the FANGS are overpriced and everyone is issuing share buybacks. i think it will be some unrelated issue that will cause a correction...prob central banks :-) and the dept problem they never actually fixed the last time. ... automated trading is huge now so aggressive corrections will be a chance to get back in...but im slowly leaving the party (selling my stocks) until i can buy more stocks cheaply... CASH WILL BE KING AGAIN!

Maybe it's just me but Ive noticed a lot of schools settling on MSoffice and Surfaces as opposed to Apple and Google platforms.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,133 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Still liking Disney...will be buying more. Lot going on in the media space this year but when the dust settles, Goofy and the gang will still be standing.
    As a long term plan it's a winner ticks all the boxes and pays a dividend.

https://seekingalpha.com/article/4179316-value-stock-huge-potential-upside

Think Disney has more upside than Microsoft but Microsoft will keep tumbling up the hill as it's always done.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭Bob Harris

Skelet0n wrote: »
    I've got $DARE and $PIRS. Dunno about another 100%+ return like $VKTX but we'll see.

Have a look at $GALT

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭BonesJones1

Still liking Disney...will be buying more. Lot going on in the media space this year but when the dust settles, Goofy and the gang will still be standing.
    As a long term plan it's a winner ticks all the boxes and pays a dividend.

https://seekingalpha.com/article/4179316-value-stock-huge-potential-upside

Think Disney has more upside than Microsoft but Microsoft will keep tumbling up the hill as it's always done.

How much of a dividend does Disney pay?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭whatever76

How much of a dividend does Disney pay?

https://www.streetinsider.com/dividend_history.php?q=DIS

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Coinsguy

Anyone got their eye on anything at the moment?

Seems like tech companies keep going up and up. I'm no trader but has to slow down soon surely.

I've some cash aside to invest but I want to wait for some bad news before jumping in (like Match.com when Facebook announced they are going to get in to dating).

im holding waiting for a correction. maybe gold? or rhe vix ... only question is what will cause the correction...

• Registered Users Posts: 17,906 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

TAW getting hammered by this merger stuff lately, Im still nicely in profit on it so going to wait and see how it shakes out by September, sheer demand for the lithium over the next few years makes it hard to lose in the long run imo.

lithium is something to look into alright...money never sleeps ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,762 ✭✭✭crushproof

Thargor wrote: »
    TAW getting hammered by this merger stuff lately, Im still nicely in profit on it so going to wait and see how it shakes out by September, sheer demand for the lithium over the next few years makes it hard to lose in the long run imo.
    Yes there does seem to be a lot of doubt surrounding the merger at present. I am now down on, I bought in late at 36c but the exchange rate change since I bought has resulted in me falling into the red. I'm still a firm believer though and will hold long term. The big chief Mark Calderwood seems to know what he's doing.

Augeo wrote: »
    Versarien PLC

Currently £0.9140 ........... was way lower until 3 months ago and has only just recently risen very sharply.

Could well drop significantly again and I expect it to but I reckon the potential upside is huge if not quite exponential.

This crowd are a materials company "Versarien utilises proprietary technology to create innovative new engineering solutions that are capable of having a game-changing impact on a broad variety of industry sectors"

They are in bed with some Chinese folk who aren't slow to invest in manufacturing facilities etc.

I see this as a Tesla type share ........... huge growth based on feck know what or why :pac:

This one's a rollercoaster..... hit £1.40 earlier in the week..... could be down to near £1 again though shortly as folk take their profit. A mad one. An actual announcement that confirms the orderbook filling up could happen anytime and price could go looney.

For a slow & sensible investment I'd also recommend Ctrip....$50...they bought skyscanner in 2016, about 1/4 the size of crowd who own booking.com ... 8 times smaller share price :)

Coinsguy wrote: »
    Anyone got their eye on anything at the moment?

Seems like tech companies keep going up and up. I'm no trader but has to slow down soon surely.

I've some cash aside to invest but I want to wait for some bad news before jumping in (like Match.com when Facebook announced they are going to get in to dating).

I'd get into $VKTX, it's still got legs to get to 25-50 EOY I think if NASH study results are good. Possible partnership for the hip drug too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,510 ✭✭✭OwlsZat

I'd get into $VKTX, it's still got legs to get to 25-50 EOY I think if NASH study results are good. Possible partnership for the hip drug too.

One phase 2 trail is that it?

OwlsZat wrote: »
    One phase 2 trail is that it?

They also have a hip replacement drug that they're looking to partner to get to market.

Also, I think "is that it?" doesn't take into account how big that is. Look at Glamed, rising 250% in a day on announcement of it's trial results. Or Madrigal.

It's an incredibly undervalued stock, let it slip by at your peril.

Extra tip: $AVEO, crazy amount of insider buying recently leading me to believe they've got something big coming.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,093 ✭✭✭championc

Has anyone any faith in Hive bucking it's downward trend any time soon ?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,133 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

championc wrote: »
    Has anyone any faith in Hive bucking it's downward trend any time soon ?

Both updated in the last couple of days

https://simplywall.st/stocks/ca/software/tsxv-hive/hive-blockchain-technologies-shares

https://online.capitalcube.com/#!/stock/ca/cve/hive

If the results are good and the 'if' isn't that big from what I can read then even $50 could be conservative. Also in their favour they have other drugs in the pipeline for unrelated conditions with a very significant market. $MDGL was about $15 a year ago and is now $300. No pipeline beyond a phase II NASH drug. 9 employees and a $4.5B market cap.

$GALT is also phase II NASH and have other cancer targeted drugs. Recent boardroom shuffle makes it look like they are looking to sell the company. Up about 100% in the last month to almost $9 and in a buyout situation potentially $25-40.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 PenguinEggs

Bob Harris wrote: »
    Have a look at $GALT

Thanks for the tip - had a look at this and got in @ $6.25. Up to $9.16 last night!

https://www.bnnbloomberg.ca/video/canopy-growth-ceo-says-makers-of-sleep-aids-painkillers-should-be-terrified~1422281

Well the Canadian recreational date is official now at October 17th. He makes a good point when he says all his customers will already be in Phase IV trial phase by October, so becoming a leader in research and patents will get the steal on existing pharma companies.
    Is this a game changer for Alcohol and certain sectors of pharma?
    I still think so and I've been following it since Jan 2017. I think there will be still a few dips between now and October so last chance to get in if you follow the dips. It'd probably be a long hold as I'm thinking of share prices like GW pharma and Diagio way down the line. But I believe the Canadians will get 1st mover advantage and start building up the war chest. $WEED $ACB $APHRIA $ORGANIGRAM and $MPXEF for a US long shot.

Has anyone else here jumped in?

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭MurDawg

$GALT taking a bit of a dip after a nice run, some uncertainty around the market.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 PenguinEggs

MurDawg wrote: »
    $GALT taking a bit of a dip after a nice run, some uncertainty around the market.

Yeah its gone very rocky but I'll be holding on regardless

MurDawg wrote: »

Yeah, $VKTX, $PIRS and $AVEO all took a beating for me.

The whole sector seemed to be down, swing traders stop losses causing a bit of a flash, I reckon. Both $VKTX and $AVEO will start increasing in value again as their study results get closer. Only wish I'd more liquid cash yesterday to get into them on the cheap, be an easy turn around trade.

iQIYI $IQ - dubbed the Chinese Netflix. IPO a few months back and on the up and up since.
    60 million subcribers and making a lot of deals for content in China.

• Advertisement

Bob Harris wrote: »
    iQIYI $IQ - dubbed the Chinese Netflix. IPO a few months back and on the up and up since.
    60 million subcribers and making a lot of deals for content in China.

Really? With the sanctions and that?

Looks like it's on a serious downtrend yesterday.

Advertisement