Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Teenager and child shot in Dublin halting site

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,134 ✭✭✭screamer

I don't give a ****, shooting a baby, or at a baby, or anyone holding a baby is a complete disgrace and whatever cowardly b@stard did that should get the full force of the law.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 415 ✭✭falinn merking

Well at least the shooter will be disgraced in his community and and with a charge like this it will mean he will have to live with a criminal record and he will also lose his job and have to apply for social welfare.

I am sure our criminal justice system will come down hard also.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,191 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

Well at least the shooter will be disgraced in his community and and with a charge like this it will mean he will have to live with a criminal record and he will also lose his job and have to apply for social welfare.

I am sure our criminal justice system will come down hard also.

I sincerely hope that every point in your post is "tongue in cheek".......

• Registered Users Posts: 10,705 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

martinn123 wrote: »
    when someone got a new couch the council forgot to take away the old one, it's dumped in the garden.

Are these people not capable of doing anything for themselves??

martinn123 wrote: »
    when someone got a new couch the council forgot to take away the old one, it's dumped in the garden.

• Advertisement

padd b1975 wrote: »

Why bother when "country people" will do it for you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,593 ✭✭✭Wheeliebin30

padd b1975 wrote: »

They dont pay bin charges or electricity.

Why are they allowed not pay when others have too?

One rule for them and another for settled profile.

Hush hush now say nothing....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭tabby aspreme

On Rte now, it's all DCCs fault for not giving them proper accommodation, tough going when a relationship between relations doesn't work out

• Registered Users Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭splinter65

All the minor children should be taken into care.
    The adults should be given 1 hour to take any belongings and then the place should be bulldozed to the ground.
    Not allowed on the housing list.
    No rent supplement or HAP.
    Any further babies taken into care.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,965 ✭✭✭✭Zulu

splinter65 wrote: »
    The adults should be given 1 hour to take any belongings and then the place should be bulldozed to the ground.

Jawohl, herr oberst!
    Sieg heil.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,548 ✭✭✭Ave Sodalis

I have this mental picture my head of certain Boardsie scrolling through their home page, then seeing a post about travellers/single mothers/other easy targets, they start rabidly foaming at the mouth and work themselves into a frenzy. This frenzy can only be relieved when they get their cheap dig in, regardless of the thread topic. Then they can go back to being smug about their own perfect lives.

Children have been shot. Can someone please explain to me what the f*ck that has to do with where travellers get their income, or whether the council or thenselves should take away their sofa? I don't give a damn if the children belong to travellers, an upper class family, or even the mafia. Using a thread like this to get your little digs in is a scummy thing to do.

I have this mental picture my head of certain Boardsie scrolling through their home page, then seeing a post about travellers/single mothers/other easy targets, they start rabidly foaming at the mouth and work themselves into a frenzy. This frenzy can only be relieved when they get their cheap dig in, regardless of the thread topic. Then they can go back to being smug about their own perfect lives.

Children have been shot. Can someone please explain to me what the f*ck that has to do with where travellers get their income, or whether the council or thenselves should take away their sofa? I don't give a damn if the children belong to travellers, an upper class family, or even the mafia. Using a thread like this to get your little digs in is a scummy thing to do.

The children deserve a better start and a better life then that being offered by their families.
    It’s not the kids fault that the parents are savages.
    Why do we as a society allow children to be put in the kind of danger these kids live in everyday?
    You think it’s “scummy” (politically incorrect) to want the innocent children in this non stop fighting to be given a chance if a better life?

I'm thinking there should be harsher gun laws & Illegal gun ownership punishments in this country.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

At the rate you're going, you could just open a camp. Concentrate everyone in it. A concentration camp if you will. Obviously not like those ones though.

Fcuk sake.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

The children deserve a better start and a better life then that being offered by their families.
    Why do we as a society allow children to be put in the kind of danger these kids live in everyday?
    You think it’s “scummy” (politically incorrect) to want the innocent children in this non stop fighting to be given a chance if a better life?

I live in the area and I've often wondered why social services don't step in. The adults seem to be barely functional a lot of the time and the kids look badly neglected.

eviltwin wrote: »
    I live in the area and I've often wondered why social services don't step in. The adults seem to be barely functional a lot of the time and the kids look badly neglected.

There’s a terrible history in Ireland of SS taking traveller children away from parents in a sort of ethnic cleansing in the 50s and 60s so they dare not go near them now.
    If you have 7 or more kids your getting a hefty lump of SW each week but the men keep a huge amount of it and the women are left trying to manage.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,165 ✭✭✭Captain Obvious

On Rte now, it's all DCCs fault for not giving them proper accommodation, tough going when a relationship between relations doesn't work out

There is a certain level of blame to be put on council policies. They bow down to demands for travelers to be housed in tight groups of families. Unfortunately when a family feud breaks out, as this appears to be, all the antagonists and their families are in the one place. Halting sites should be a thing of the past.

Silly stuff designed to get a reaction. The old "sterilise travellers and put them on an island" was probably the first post on an Irish internet forum.

Nice virtue signalling.

Unfortunately some us who try our best to pay our way and stay on the right side of the law are fed up subsidising every benefit and entitlement some sections of the community can think of while getting nothing back in terms of a positive contribution to society.

I for one will be making no apologies for highlighting this inconvenient truth.

"Those who want respect, give respect".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,177 ✭✭✭PeterParker957

Silly stuff designed to get a reaction. The old "sterilise travellers and put them on an island" was probably the first post on an Irish internet forum.

Second. After "First!!!!" :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

Childer not children
    Baaby not baby

• Registered Users Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭wakka12

nullzero wrote: »
    Really worrying levels of gun crime in this country nowadays. Any child being shot regardless of what community they belong to is an indictment of our society.

no its not, none of us would shoot a child

Pavee point on the radio this morning telling all of including the Gardai the ambulance and the fire brigade and DCC that we have no choice, we must allow them time to sort their grievances out, why?
    Because feuding like this is part of their culture.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭Huexotzingo

Wow... such anger.

I'm thinking there should be harsher gun laws & Illegal gun ownership punishments in this country.

How about applying the laws that are already in place , before looking for new laws?
    Only the law abiding are inconvenienced by stricter laws.
    Criminals carry on as before.

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭michael.dublin

live in this area, and there is definitely, a few points, that needs to be made, first of all, if you live by the gun, you'll die by the gun. secondly scumbags with firearms should be locked up, and the key should remelted, so there is no chance of opening the door, and before anyone starts, yes in my point of view,if you fire any kind of firearms in a residential area, you are absolutely a scumbag, most of them dont have a clue about firearms.
    This "halting site" is an dump, nothing less, a good few times, DCC have been there and cleaned it up, only to find that in record time, it is back to normal, it is a disgrace to the area, it stinks like nothing else from time to time.
    So the gardai have been there sins the shooting, fund a few numbers of guns, and other stuff, so is it any wonder that this has happened, how many normal people hides firearms in there home, let alone load them up and go outside, is mind blowing.
    I am not saying all travelers are like this, but i am amazed how often they give out about the gardai, and settled people, "you dont understand us, its out culture, just leave us alone " and it goes on and on, but then you put normal peoples lives into danger, it becomes very much a matter for the gardai, and for ordinary normal people.
    So now all we can wait for is, that someone is going to retaliate this "attack" and then that is going to be paid back and so on and so on, with risk of lives been lost.
    Oh and one last thing, dear travelers all you talk about is, that you want respects and honors, well you are not going to get it by doing this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

Fingal look after the area not DCC

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,133 ✭✭✭Shurimgreat

Just another expression of their culture. Nothing to see here. We must respect their right to fight and feud among themselves. But we must also provide them with first class accommodation which they can use when and how it suits.

Part of me thinks the soft line Pavee Point take towards their own community is ultimately self defeating and causes more problems than it solves.

The Traveller Community as a whole need to take a good long hard look at itself and ask "Is this way of life sustainable or is there a better way?"

Many of the community (not all) seem to be stuck in a cycle of violence, crime, poor education, healthcare and welfare dependence. Surely they need to conform to society's norms if they want to make some progress.

Just another expression of their culture. Nothing to see here. We must respect their right to fight and feud among themselves. But we must also provide them with first class accommodation which they can use when and how it suits.

You regard halting sites as "first class accommodation"...:D:D

• Advertisement

Wow... such anger.

Yes. Children being shot in Ireland in 2017 makes me very angry. Wow...

Advertisement