Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Teenager and child shot in Dublin halting site

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,593 ✭✭✭Wheeliebin30

Whu don't travellers have to pay bin charges like the great of us?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,772 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

Whu don't travellers have to pay bin charges like the great of us?

Wheeliebin promotin wheeliebin charges.
    Mmmmm.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭Are Am Eye

anna080 wrote: »
    The thoughts of a 9 month old being shot make me sick :(

It hurts a lot more in this kind of cold. I think.
    Like when you smack your toe off something on a cold night. Is horrendous.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,165 ✭✭✭Captain Obvious

Lux23 wrote: »
    Could it have been the kids messing with guns they found?

According to the Journal
    Sources have told TheJournal.ie that a baby suffered injuries to its leg during the shooting. A teenage male was also injured.
    It is understood that a man approached the house and fired a shotgun at the young man.

It seems the teenager was the target and the baby was collateral.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭Lux23

Ah jaysus, that is awful. Poor kids.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

Lux23 wrote: »
    Ah jaysus, that is awful. Poor kids.

One is in his late teens and the other was a 9 month old baby. Definitely not playing around with guns.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,370 ✭✭✭Phoebas

Have I got this right - a baby has been shot and some people can't help themselves from having a general pop at travellers?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,555 ✭✭✭Roger Hassenforder

Phoebas wrote: »
    Have I got this right - a baby has been shot and some people can't help themselves from having a general pop at travellers?

A baby doesnt seem to have stopped one traveller "having a pop" at another.

Poor kid. Hope its ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭lukesmom

I would think it is pretty irrelevant if they are from the travelling community or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,165 ✭✭✭Captain Obvious

Casualty count up to three now. One man arrested.

https://www.rte.ie/news/dublin/2017/1211/926554-shooting/

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭AnneFrank

Casualty count up to three now. One man arrested.

https://www.rte.ie/news/dublin/2017/1211/926554-shooting/

Was it Padraig Nally by any chance ?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

Absolutely horrific. How anyone could make jokes about an innocent 9 month old baby being shot is beyond me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

lukesmom wrote: »
    I would think it is pretty irrelevant if they are from the travelling community or not.

What planet are you from?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

WhiteRoses wrote: »
    Absolutely horrific. How anyone could make jokes about an innocent 9 month old baby being shot is beyond me.

Gotta get those thanks!

<snip>

Teenager would be uncle of baby, woman shot is mother of baby, but not a Traveller.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,476 ✭✭✭neonsofa

January wrote: »
    Teenager would be uncle of baby, woman shot is mother of baby, but not a Traveller.

Oh I thought the teenager was parent of baby.

<snip>

Would have been termed a bad area a few years ago but has quietened down. The site is there around 20 odd years now and there's the occasional trouble from it but nothing major really. Rumours were that they were offered money to move when they were building the new houses behind it but refused the offer.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

<snip>

It's fairly quiet. The site itself is a horrible eyesore, rubbish everywhere and a kip compared to similar sites. The residents keep to themselves, you would see them around and so on but I have never had any negative interaction with them. I do feel sorry for the kids though, they look like something from Angela's Ashes, pale, skinny and generally looking neglected. There is a traveller family a few doors down from me who know them well and says they are plagued with alcohol issues. I know the mum of the baby, she seems like a nice enough girl. Hopefully they will all be okay and those responsible caught.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭splinter65

<snip>

News reports state that the shots were at close range so not a case of firing into a house.
    Feuds fester and fester in any community. Loss of “ face” and pressure to even up the score and restore “pride” result in a loss of any kind of remorse or mercy, if any ever existed.
    The absolute state of that place this evening on the news with the burning wheelie bin in the background and the weed ridden flower holders.

eviltwin wrote: »
    It's fairly quiet. The site itself is a horrible eyesore, rubbish everywhere and a kip compared to similar sites. The residents keep to themselves, you would see them around and so on but I have never had any negative interaction with them. I do feel sorry for the kids though, they look like something from Angela's Ashes, pale, skinny and generally looking neglected. There is a traveller family a few doors down from me who know them well and says they are plagued with alcohol issues. I know the mum of the baby, she seems like a nice enough girl. Hopefully they will all be okay and those responsible caught.

Nicer, more polite kids you couldn't meet in my opinion, one of them is in school with one of mine and she's very nice.

• Advertisement

<snip>
    No, built up with housing and then behind further is factories. They were building a new housing estate and wanted them gone but they just built around them instead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭pq0n1ct4ve8zf5

A few months ago two people were killed and automatic weapons fired with children everywhere.

The reaction was generally NOT that it was because they were dirty stinking settled Dublin people, God damn Dublin people, they're all scumbags and their culture is ****, constantly shooting each other and good riddance we should wipe them out.

Of all the high profile gun violence incidents this year, this is the only one that I can think of involving travellers and not settled people from Dublin. But let's not let an opportunity pass to get a few chronically unfunny digs at the travellers in, it'd be terrible to let a trifle like two children being fcuking shot get in the way of the national pass time. *****.

You seem to know a lot about the families involved if you don't know the area?

A little baby and a teenager shot. The lack of empathy and absolute callousness of some posts is stomach turning.

January wrote: »
    You seem to know a lot about the families involved if you don't know the area?

Would you not give the mods a hand and stop replying to a poster who is admitting to being a rereg? More than annoying for them I would say.

KERSPLAT! wrote: »
    Would you not give the mods a hand and stop replying to a poster who is admitting to being a rereg? More than annoying for them I would say.

Apologies, I'm not even reading names or anything just scrolling through!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,300 ✭✭✭martinn123

Been waiting to see if anyone opened a thread on this incident.

Well, first I absolutely condemn the shooting of a Child, Teenager, and a Mother.

There seems to be some kind of inter family dispute, which started when a chap ran off with his girlfriend, ( according to news reports )

Now we have three, in hospital, the grandfather is interviewed,

I was just back from getting my Heart Medicine
    I had a bye pass
    I don't know if my son is going to live, etc etc. Gardai report no life threatening injuries, thank god.

News photos from the scene show front gardens in a dreadful state, obviously the Council have not been cutting the grass, and when someone got a new couch the council forgot to take away the old one, it's dumped in the garden.

The chemical tank in the driveway, I am not sure about, maybe diesel, for the vans.

I hope they are not expected to pay rent for these conditions.

Is all this a cultural thing, or am I missing something.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

martinn123 wrote: »
    Been waiting to see if anyone opened a thread on this incident.

Well, first I absolutely condemn the shooting of a Child, Teenager, and a Mother.

There seems to be some kind of inter family dispute, which started when a chap ran off with his girlfriend, ( according to news reports )

Now we have three, in hospital, the grandfather is interviewed,

I was just back from getting my Heart Medicine
    I had a bye pass
    I don't know if my son is going to live, etc etc. Gardai report no life threatening injuries, thank god.

News photos from the scene show front gardens in a dreadful state, obviously the Council have not been cutting the grass, and when someone got a new couch the council forgot to take away the old one, it's dumped in the garden.

The chemical tank in the driveway, I am not sure about, maybe diesel, for the vans.

I hope they are not expected to pay rent for these conditions.

Is all this a cultural thing, or am I missing something.

What has the condition of their front garden got to do with a flipping shooting!?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭jsd1004

Four victims of shootings since the Garda overtime ban a week or two ago. I wonder if it had anything to do with it. I know the ban itself only lasted five days but a lot of stuff, and people, could have been prepared and moved around in that time.
    nullzero wrote: »
    Really worrying levels of gun crime in this country nowadays. Any child being shot regardless of what community they belong to is an indictment of our society.

Can you modify country to DUBLIN please

Advertisement