Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Teenager and child shot in Dublin halting site

Options
  • 11-12-2017 3:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,165 ✭✭✭

https://www.rte.ie/news/dublin/2017/1211/926554-shooting/
    A teenager and a young child have been injured in a shooting at a halting site in west Dublin.

Not the first time a child has been injured in a shooting in Dublin. It's hard to imagine the kind of person that would do this though.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭AnneFrank

without stating the obvious, i'd say it was a traveller

• Registered Users Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

I thought it would have been a drive-by but sure they would have heard the getaway horses galloping from way back...
    AnneFrank wrote: »
    without stating the obvious, i'd say it was a traveller

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Berserker

Three posts in and we have a traveler related gag. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

Whats my prize?
    Berserker wrote: »

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,058 ✭✭✭whoopsadoodles

It's ok sure, they're just traveller children :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,191 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

Would this not be considered Friendly Fire?

Or perhaps a "Cultural Exchange".

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

RTE modified the article after you posted it.

It wasn't actually a halting site, but an estate with "bays" for "Traveller Accommodation", according to RTE.

But still a pretty good bet that it's Traveller related. In which case they would probably consider a 17 year old to be an adult and so would think nothing of involving them in the fight.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

Presumably stray shotgun spray

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭elbyrneo

It's hard to imagine the kind of person that would do this though.

Not that hard. Location location location.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭splinter65

It’ll be someone else’s fault anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

frag420 wrote: »
    Whats my prize?

A few days ban

A child has been shot here, show some sensitivity.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,365 ✭✭✭✭nullzero

Really worrying levels of gun crime in this country nowadays. Any child being shot regardless of what community they belong to is an indictment of our society.

Glazers Out!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,227 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Who lives in a halting site?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

nullzero wrote: »
    Really worrying levels of gun crime in this country nowadays. Any child being shot regardless of what community they belong to is an indictment of our society.
    This was an act by an individual for which they are solely responsible.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭Are Am Eye

It's a cul de sac with four bungalows. All members of the travelling community. Close enough to Connolly Hospital. Hopefully no fatalities.

Right on cue. Society is to blame. Not the person who pointed the gun in the direction of 2 children and pulled the trigger.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,165 ✭✭✭Captain Obvious

Four victims of shootings since the Garda overtime ban a week or two ago. I wonder if it had anything to do with it. I know the ban itself only lasted five days but a lot of stuff, and people, could have been prepared and moved around in that time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

seamus wrote: »
    RTE modified the article after you posted it.

It wasn't actually a halting site, but an estate with "bays" for caravans.

But still a pretty good bet that it's Traveller related. In which case they would probably consider a 17 year old to be an adult and so would think nothing of involving them in the fight.

Actually it's a group of houses with no bays for caravans.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,753 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

They have their own society, they want to disengage from ours.

Four victims of shootings since the Garda overtime ban a week or two ago. I wonder if it had anything to do with it. I know the ban itself only lasted five days but a lot of stuff, and people, could have been prepared and moved around in that time.
    And here we have the government to blame for an overtime ban on cops....

• Advertisement

They are almost 100% dependent on “our” society for funding their society’s lifestyle.

splinter65 wrote: »
    Right on cue. Society is to blame. Not the person who pointed the gun in the direction of 2 children and pulled the trigger.

Climb down a minute chief, my point is that the levels of apathy in relation to gun crime is worrying. I'm not saying that society is to blame for someone making the decision to point a gun at someone else, I'm not some wishy washy liberal sitting in an ivory tower passing judgment on the great unwashed.

The amount of snowflakes up on arms over a referendum on abortion when children have no roofs over their heads and are being shot at by scumbags is a worrying sign for a society.

Glazers Out!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,518 ✭✭✭Hoboo

Its one small road, 4 houses, few caravans in the back gardens.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Pretty sure that the overtime ban isn't actually in place according to Charlie Flanagan

Read the recent thread about culturally appropriate homes for Travellers and you'll see how my opinion chimes with yours.

Glazers Out!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,165 ✭✭✭Captain Obvious

KERSPLAT! wrote: »
    Pretty sure that the overtime ban isn't actually in place according to Charlie Flanagan

It was in place from the 28th to the 3rd. Not in place at present.

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/garda-clarify-overtime-ban-only-remains-in-place-until-sunday-36364013.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

Hoboo wrote: »
    Its one small road, 4 houses, few caravans in the back gardens.

There's no caravans. I live right beside it.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,391 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

If only the toddler had a gun he could have defended himself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭Oasis1974

Wasn't the issue about Blackie Connors and his dodgy greyhound?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

The thoughts of a 9 month old being shot make me sick :(
    Hopefully both make a full recovery.

Advertisement