Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Teenager and child shot in Dublin halting site

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,144 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Have Pavee Point been on the radio to discuss this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,177 ✭✭✭PeterParker957

NIMAN wrote: »
    Have Pavee Point been on the radio to discuss this?

Discuss no.

Blame the rest of us yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭Joe prim

splinter65 wrote: »
    It’s a sort of war dance.
    “ I’m so angry and frustrated about the grave injustice visited on my family and I that feel I want to strip to the waist and bare knuckle fight any male member of the other family to the death in order to assuage my feelings of fury. Please note how well built I am and how fearsome I look. Verily, I say unto you, I demand satisfaction !”.
    For a man, hours and hours day after day after month after year of doing absolutely nothing ( wouldn’t tidy up the area wouldn’t put a lick of paint on the house wouldn’t pick up the kids broken toys) have to be filled in some way, and creating an imaginary war with another family is quite time consuming, that’s why there’s so many feuds.

Very unfair comment, many travellers busy themselves doing social work, carrying out home visits to isolated and elderly "country people", often out of hours, and getting little credit for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 415 ✭✭falinn merking

This so called community or ethnic group whatever the current PC name is do not engage with the Irish state on any level.
    They don't work they commit crime unchallenged for the most part and pay for nothing.

When people express anger at their actions it is called bashing and hate not that any of that community care what any of us think anyway they will carry on regardless.

Many of us have to juggle work bills family and health problems.
    I will worry about what is in MY power to influence in my own life.
    If that community want to go at each other with their feuds I say let them at it.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,997 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

This so called community or ethnic group whatever the current PC name is do not engage with the Irish state on any level.
    They don't work they commit crime unchallenged for the most part and pay for nothing.

that is the case for a number yes. not all of them. it is fact they are an ethnic group, it's nothing to do with mythical pc. it's to do with designations based on evidence.
    When people express anger at their actions it is called bashing and hate

because those who foam at the mouth usually engage in generalising all travelers, and in a number of cases, don't have the same anger for members of other groupings who engage in similar behaviour.

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

• Advertisement

that is the case for a number yes. not all of them. it is fact they are an ethnic group, it's nothing to do with mythical pc. it's to do with designations based on evidence.

because those who foam at the mouth usually engage in generalising all travelers, and in a number of cases, don't have the same anger for members of other groupings who engage in similar behaviour.

I can assure you I foam at the mouth with all scumbags.
    However you have to get on with life and make the best of things.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,555 ✭✭✭Roger Hassenforder

Its seldom someone so eloquently contradicts themselves so succinctly.

I can assure you I foam at the mouth with all scumbags.
    However you have to get on with life and make the best of things.

good. i'm with you.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭J.pilkington

Sad state of affairs. The intended victim really doesn’t care, he is happy out that he “ducked” and someone else got hit, not too bothered it was a baby and a woman.

I just checked out “Parslickstown Gardens, Mulhuddart“ on google street maps.

It’s a sad sight, how can people let their houses become so run down? With all the rubbish strewn about surely rats are rampant. Clothes drying on tree branches? I assume these are free houses to them so it might explain the complete lack of respect

• Registered Users Posts: 15,849 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Foxhound38 wrote: »
    It's all fun and games until a baby gets shot.

Perhaps the 'fun and games' are just about to start?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

Garda are still hanging around this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

January wrote: »
    Garda are still hanging around this morning.

If they leave and something else happens Pavee Point will be up in arms blaming the Guards and the State

• Registered Users Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭splinter65

Sad state of affairs. The intended victim really doesn’t care, he is happy out that he “ducked” and someone else got hit, not too bothered it was a baby and a woman.

It’s a sad sight, how can people let their houses become so run down? With all the rubbish strewn about surely rats are rampant. Clothes drying on tree branches? I assume these are free houses to them so it might explain the complete lack of respect

Doing nothing all day every day, a whole bunch of adults, but not one can be bothered to do anything to keep the very small area even a little bit tidy. There’s absolutely no excuse.
    But a particular poster will be along soon to tell us why it is settled peoples fault that they are living in filthy squalor.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭splinter65

If they leave and something else happens Pavee Point will be up in arms blaming the Guards and the State

Travelers need to be protected from other travelers but it’s not the travelers fault it’s society.
    And we sit here and swallow it all like the numpties we’ve always been.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,849 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Had a look. People happy to live in their own filth.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,547 ✭✭✭Foxhound38

it absolutely is . especially if it prevents another yesterday.

Why should this one group get treated differently in the eyes of the law and in the allocation of resources just because the problem families are resistant to behaving themselves? What sort of precedent does that set?

Is that not the very essence of discrimination? By refusing to hold them to the same basic standards of behavior as everyone else, are we as a society not setting them up to fail from the get-go by basically admitting that they are somehow incapable of adhering to certain standards of behavior?

Take education for example - if a settled child was taken out of school before the age of 16, Tulsa would be all over it because it's illegal in this State. The same is completely not enforced on the travelling community, who still have a problem with children being taken out of full-time education after primary school.

Is it not as insulting to their intelligence and the aspirations we as a society should have for every child, as it is insulting to the so-called universality of our legal system that this is allowed to go on?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,177 ✭✭✭PeterParker957

splinter65 wrote: »
    Doing nothing all day every day, a whole bunch of adults, but not one can be bothered to do anything to keep the very small area even a little bit tidy. There’s absolutely no excuse.
    But a particular poster will be along soon to tell us why it is settled peoples fault that they are living in filthy squalor.

I take offence at being labelled "a settled person".

F**k that. I'm a law abiding, hard working, constantly screwed over taxpayer.

"Settled" implies we were once like these people.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

I struggle to see how anyone can defend the state of some of their dwellings. You'd be hard pressed to point the finger anywhere else in the example above. I'd actually like to see the mental gymnastics.

Omackeral wrote: »
    I struggle to see how anyone can defend the state of some of their dwellings. You'd be hard pressed to point the finger anywhere else in the example above. I'd actually like to see the mental gymnastics.

Imagine having to live near it.
    Those office(?) being built overlooking the site to the right at the back.

It's always good fun coming across a traveler site on Google maps, I recently ended up looking at the satellite view of the site on the N32 in Darndale. If you look around the back perimeter wall of the site you can see a band of shrapnel strewn around the place. I guess launching all your rubbish over your back wall to have someone else deal with it is handy.

https://www.google.ie/maps/@53.406067,-6.2016025,279m/data=!3m1!1e3

• Advertisement

Imagine having to live near it.
    Those office(?) being built overlooking the site to the right at the back.

Houses and apartments were built behind them a few years back, you can see them built in the May 2014 view of the site.

Houses and apartments were built behind them a few years back, you can see them built in the May 2014 view of the site.

That the one in google street view?

That the one in google street view?

Yep, you can switch between Sep 2009 and May 2014, in the Sep 2009 you can see something being built in the background which is the housing estate Avondale, completely social housing in there, it's completed in the May 2014 view.

Foxhound38 wrote: »
    Why should this one group get treated differently in the eyes of the law and in the allocation of resources just because the problem families are resistant to behaving themselves? What sort of precedent does that set?

Is that not the very essence of discrimination? By refusing to hold them to the same basic standards of behavior as everyone else, are we as a society not setting them up to fail from the get-go by basically admitting that they are somehow incapable of adhering to certain standards of behavior?

Take education for example - if a settled child was taken out of school before the age of 16, Tulsa would be all over it because it's illegal in this State. The same is completely not enforced on the travelling community, who still have a problem with children being taken out of full-time education after primary school.

Is it not as insulting to their intelligence and the aspirations we as a society should have for every child, as it is insulting to the so-called universality of our legal system that this is allowed to go on?

tusla don't have the resources to deal with children of people who can be here one minute and moved on the next. i'm sorry but that's the reality. the legislation existing applies to both traveler and settled children. mediation between groups isn't just for travelers.

Yep, you can switch between Sep 2009 and May 2014, in the Sep 2009 you can see something being built in the background which is the housing estate Avondale, completely social housing in there, it's completed in the May 2014 view.

Nice view!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

Nice view!

Even better in summer when you can't go near your garden because they are burning rubbish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,593 ✭✭✭Wheeliebin30

They dont pay bin charges or electricity.

Why are they allowed not pay when others have too?

One rule for them and another for settled profile.

Hush hush now say nothing....

Just thought id bump this to the current comments.

Remember the guy who posted on Facebook that traveler babies should be feed to sharks?
    That guy was charged and sent for trial.

A traveler shoots a traveler baby no charge and move on nothing to see here.

eviltwin wrote: »
    Even better in summer when you can't go near your garden because they are burning rubbish.

Thats a scurrilous accusation.
    It may in fact be a micro waste recovery centre, where copper is recovered from cables in specially designed shopping trolleys via exothermic processes in a Cottage industry type enterprise.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

Remember the guy who posted on Facebook that traveler babies should be feed to sharks?
    That guy was charged and sent for trial.

A traveler shoots a traveler baby no charge and move on nothing to see here.

But there has been a man charged

Advertisement