Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Alt Coin Thread (Vertcoin, OMG, CVC, PAY etc).

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,729 Mod ✭✭✭✭smacl

garrettod wrote: »
    I still don't see what the big attraction is to EOS to be honest.

Same, but I'm happy enough to have bought some of it late December :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,183 ✭✭✭ZeroThreat

Holy crap, anyone who was mad enough to hold onto this airdrop must be rubbing their eyes. Almost $10 now! (Ontology (ONT))

ffs $10K for agreeing to accepting some more inbox spam, where's the time machine??!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 657 ✭✭✭Shauny2010

Yes it was a sweet one. I notice that all the Neo or Stellar seem to be the most generous. I don't even bother with Ethereum icos anymore as its full of junk because it costs nothing to launch on the Ethereum network.
    Heres a linky to all the ICOs arriving on all networks.
    Have a look a nOS on Neo, at the very least subscribe to the newsletter LOL
    Your too late to participate in NEX presale but get in early when it starts trading later on this year

Shauny2010 wrote: »
    Yes it was a sweet one. I notice that all the Neo or Stellar seem to be the most generous. I don't even bother with Ethereum icos anymore as its full of junk because it costs nothing to launch on the Ethereum network.
    Heres a linky to all the ICOs arriving on all networks.
    Have a look a nOS on Neo, at the very least subscribe to the newsletter LOL
    Your too late to participate in NEX presale but get in early when it starts trading later on this year

I entered the lottery for Nex ICO but wasn't successful. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭Tango One

ZeroThreat wrote: »
    I entered the lottery for Nex ICO but wasn't successful. :(

Was that the one that was looking for your ID etc,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,428 ✭✭✭garrettod

Holy crap, anyone who was mad enough to hold onto this airdrop must be rubbing their eyes. Almost $10 now! (Ontology (ONT))

I think the majority of people would have only got a small allocation under the airdrop and lets not forget, 50% of it was held back (think it's released later this year, from memory), so why not hold ?

Amazed at how the price has increased myself in truth, but again keeping in mind the relatively modest holding, I think I'll be sticking with it for another while yet.

Thanks,

G.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,573 ✭✭✭✭banie01

For anyone using the Coinomi wallet, it has been updated to include the Callisto coin.
    Very easy to add if you held any ETC in your wallet at the time of the ETC/Callisto fork.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

Paypie hit 1.77 yesterday. Back to 1.44 today :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,573 ✭✭✭WhiteMemento9

garrettod wrote: »
    I think the majority of people would have only got a small allocation under the airdrop and lets not forget, 50% of it was held back (think it's released later this year, from memory), so why not hold ?

Amazed at how the price has increased myself in truth, but again keeping in mind the relatively modest holding, I think I'll be sticking with it for another while yet.

I was going off comments on another forum where the people involved got the full 1k allocation. I guess when you get $2k free for signing up for a newsletter then it seems mad at me to hold on. The fact there is a huge allocation held back would make me more likely to sell and not less? When the circulating supply increases you would expect the value to drop and not rise?

I will say it isn't something overall I hadn't thought too much about before but I have been thinking about it more after watching this happen. If all those free coins are in circulation and a tonne of people are looking to dump them off for free money and despite this, the price is holding strong with huge demand it is probably a really big buy indicator. It wasn't something that crossed my mind at the time though and I would have been one of the first in line to dump.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,428 ✭✭✭garrettod

Nano competition starts on Binance tomorrow, so today should be a good day for a bit of uplift on the price.

Thanks,

G.

• Advertisement

If you own eos time to sell.

Lot of bad publicity coming it's way

• Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭Tango One

Interesting what sort of bad publicity

• Registered Users Posts: 5,746 ✭✭✭el diablo

According to whom? Some random YouTuber? I ain't selling. I bought it at $1.55. I certainly wouldn't be buying it at $17.50+ though.

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

https://youtu.be/oBbbkK78qSo

A quick look at their own white paper should have every alarm bell possible ringing

Sold the last of my EOS today. Best return of 2018 for me by a solid mile.
    I've just lost faith in the project since it was announced they will not run the mainnet themselves just release "software"

software that will probabaly have no use.

why would it.

they could release a broken tetris and be done of it.

even if its the best software in the world, the eos coins are in no way beneficial to own. they dont relate to the software at all.

bizarre

• Registered Users Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭Pintman Paddy Losty

software that will probabaly have no use.

why would it.

they could release a broken tetris and be done of it.

even if its the best software in the world, the eos coins are in no way beneficial to own. they dont relate to the software at all.

bizarre

EOS is valued at more than $15bn as a company. That is absolutely batsh*t insane.

SpaceX is valued at $12bn. A company that regularly launches satellites in to space.

Snapchat with 200 million users and the fastest growing social media is $14bn (overvalued imo)

Spotify the largest music streaming service on the planet is "only" valued at $10bn

Dropbox is an absolute giant of cloud storage and is also only valued at $10bn

I applaud Shauny on managing to cash in on his EOS tokens. Fair play to you.

Anyone who is still hodling on to them hoping for even more increases in prices ask yourself:

Is EOS worth more than the companies listed? What product has EOS ever produced? What are they likely to produce (hint hint read the white paper its sweet f*Ck all) Is it smart to hold on to these tokens which have no use case?

thats basically what i posted a couple posts ago in that video.

Yerman reads the white paper and its an actual joke.

I mean, I bought the name EOS myself. Bought at 9, sold at 17. Small money.

But if I was a holder id get out NOW

also, this is a bit bizarre and might get deleted, but the founder has alleged links to padeophilia. Investigations started a few months ago.

if that goes widestream, the value is screwed too

• Registered Users Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭rapul

Also just sold ,**** it too much bad news coming out ,also made a good amount off of this though luckily enough,goodluck to anyone still holding out.

• Advertisement

rapul wrote: »
    Also just sold ,**** it too much bad news coming out ,also made a good amount off of this though luckily enough,goodluck to anyone still holding out.

Still in. I could realise a 3-4x gain of my initial investment (bought at $5), but would be more annoyed at losing out on a bigger long term gain than losing the money I put in. I'm interested to know why the EOS price has spiked, because I doubt it is the eosDAC fork (worth ~2% on a day EOS jumped by a multiple of that). I'm also surprised the price hasn't taken more of a nose dive after the big gains as people realise significant profits. Seems to be more going on here than meets the eye. Nose dive could still be on the cards, but I'll wait and see.

I could not convince myself to stay in. EOS just is not a working project with a product. The current valuation is crazy when you have fully working systems like NEO, Stellar and Ardor all with fully implemented systems, all with huge followings and teams of developers behind them. Yet they are valued far less than EOS.
    Ardor has a valuation of less than 5% of EOS yet it is up and running now, sleek and really impressive software.
    EOS is nothing more than an empty ERC-20 token with no promiss or contract to be anymore than that.

To add, if I was to stay in, I would still have pulled out my initial investment and let the rest ride. But as I said before I just lost faith in it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,846 ✭✭✭discombobulate

Anyone here got Dignity $DIG available on Livecoin. The companies plan at a high level is to back up every DIG token with $1 of gold. Bit of detail here. It's shot up in the past week or so as they get close to making some more announcements. Got some in March which has done quite well for me.

Shauny2010 wrote: »
    To add, if I was to stay in, I would still have pulled out my initial investment and let the rest ride. But as I said before I just lost faith in it

Makes sense to pull out the initial investment, will do that now.

Sold off 80% of my Eos about 10 days ago when it was $21 (bought at $7).

• Registered Users Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭Matt Simis

What are thoughts on Nexo? Interesting idea, seems to have the right people in it, already works (or close to it), has a credit card and transfer to bank account in multi region functionality.
    Only thing for me is "staking" your Crypto in exchange for Fiat is kinda.. Bitconnect'y.

However... on the tax front, since the Fiat you withdraw from Nexo is actually a loan, I presume no Capital Gains Tax is applicable? Based on my rough understanding that CGT is applicable when disposing of the asset, you still own the crypto assets in this Nexo.
    That could allow people liquid access to their funds in a way not possible right now.

Thoughts?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭kstand

Has anyone got into any of the AR/VR coins?
    Have had a brief look at Vibehub and Decentraland - 2 very different projects that have potential. Anyone got into any coins in this space?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭Pintman Paddy Losty

EOS is valued at more than $15bn as a company. That is absolutely batsh*t insane.

SpaceX is valued at $12bn. A company that regularly launches satellites in to space.

Snapchat with 200 million users and the fastest growing social media is $14bn (overvalued imo)

Spotify the largest music streaming service on the planet is "only" valued at $10bn

Dropbox is an absolute giant of cloud storage and is also only valued at $10bn

I applaud Shauny on managing to cash in on his EOS tokens. Fair play to you.

Anyone who is still hodling on to them hoping for even more increases in prices ask yourself:

Is EOS worth more than the companies listed? What product has EOS ever produced? What are they likely to produce (hint hint read the white paper its sweet f*Ck all) Is it smart to hold on to these tokens which have no use case?

EOS was at $18.64 when I posted this.

It is at $12.84 this morning.

You are welcome!

• Advertisement

EOS was at $18.64 when I posted this.

It is at $12.84 this morning.

You are welcome!

Took back my initial investment when it was at $18, originally paid $6, so still left with 66% of my EOS at no cost along with whatever eosDAC I get. Price back up to $14.25 after this mornings drop and rising, so no complaints. Could still nose dive and the $20 ending up as the ATH, but as likely not.

Advertisement